Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  
Author: Subject: The Back Door into GN
baitcast
Super Nomad

Mood: good

[*] posted on 5-10-2008 at 01:04 PM

O come on boys go easy on DK he can,t help himself:lol:

Over 14000 posts and counting,he obviously needs something to do,hes always been more than happy to keep us enlightened to all things Baja,I don.t know how I could have made it without him:lol:

Year after year,on and on it goes:rolleyes:
Rob
The Gull
Super Nomad

Mood: High

[*] posted on 5-10-2008 at 02:23 PM
Real Meaningful and Quality Bashing

It must be time to gang up on another Nomad. Nice work guys. You all should be proud.

Somehow, I have missed reading your amazing contributions to this board in the past. I must be more diligent in the future when greatness is offered to us.

�I won\'t insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said.� William F. Buckley, Jr.
bajadogs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2008 at 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Some people see the world as a beautiful place, the home of mankind, and look for ways to enjoy life on our planet.

Other people see man as the invader and destroyer of things and look for ways to keep people from enjoying this planet.

Baja Nomad has both people, the givers and the complainers.

You are totally out of line with this quote DK!!! I would be ashamed to stoop so low to rally such an offensive and childish argument. You do not define NOMAD!
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2008 at 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
You are destined for sainhood!!!! :saint: !!!

You go too far.

Sainthood no, but maybe ......

Cub-Scout-Fred.jpg - 31kB
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2008 at 10:56 PM
LIST PLEASE!

I guess David thinks he's the "model" Nomad. My goodness David you sure do draw a big line in the sand.
Now, which side shall it be? How absurd.

You do acknowledge there is more than one type of Nomad.
Hooray!

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
bajadogs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2008 at 11:53 PM

Let me try some DK logic-

Some see the world as a beautiful place, seeking to understand her, and learn to live harmoniously with her.

Others see the world as a big oil tank, sucking her dry till our internal combustion engines have hauled our fat burros to every corner of the planet, trampling over anything that gets in the way of our enjoyment.

Nomads has both people- sunburned beer bellies, and ratty sun-bleached hair folks :?:
CaboRon
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Peacefull

[*] posted on 5-11-2008 at 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajadogs
Let me try some DK logic-

Some see the world as a beautiful place, seeking to understand her, and learn to live harmoniously with her.

Others see the world as a big oil tank, sucking her dry till our internal combustion engines have hauled our fat burros to every corner of the planet, trampling over anything that gets in the way of our enjoyment.

Nomads has both people- sunburned beer bellies, and ratty sun-bleached hair folks :?:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-11-2008 at 09:28 AM

You guys are so funny...

I am only giving my thoughts on Nomads and NOT defining anything... You all go right ahaead and be mean all you want... The reason you joined Baja Nomad was to gain some Baja knowledge, right? So, why does it bother you when information on Baja is posted? Is it because you had no idea that other Nomads actually knew about your 'secret' beach or 'secret' short cut?

Come on, because I have a lot to give means nothing other than I have a lot to give... So, relax... I am not trying to tell anyone that they belong in either catagory, just expressing my thoughts on the logic of why some of you appreciate what I post while others can't wait to throw mud at me for posting.

Go on, do what you do... but try and remember why you joined Baja Nomad and that there are other, new Nomads who are good people too, just here to learn about things in Baja so they can enjoy it too.

Have a nice day!:biggrin:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

baitcast
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-11-2008 at 10:12 AM

:rolleyes: You just could not let it go,keep coming back for more of the same,:lol:
Rob
The Gull
Super Nomad

Mood: High

[*] posted on 5-11-2008 at 11:20 AM
Just the ignorant trying to pull people into the gutter so they can have company.

�I won\'t insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said.� William F. Buckley, Jr.
Gadget
Senior Nomad

Mood: Blessed with another day

[*] posted on 5-11-2008 at 02:19 PM

I would like to ask all of you to go back to the 1st post on this thread and ask yourself, what in the h### your last post has to do with it?

I would also like to know how many of you would talk to each other face to face, the way you type at each other from behind you puter?

"Mankind will not be judged by their faults, but by the direction of their lives." Leo Giovinetti

See you in Baja
http://www.LocosMocos.com
Gadget
baitcast
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-11-2008 at 03:00 PM

Absolutely nothing,thats just the point,Gadget you haven,t been around here long enough to know whats been going on over the years.

I,ve been running into his crap for the last five or six years,I was 4/wheeling it with my family when he was a mere pup:lol:

He highjacks postings,corrects peoples spelling,he,s a self promoter,when he,s on his soapbox he,s at his best:rolleyes: should I go on?
Rob

PS He even gets in on fishing postings of which he knows NOTHING.

This is not like me. Sorry Rant over.

[Edited on 5-11-2008 by baitcast]
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-11-2008 at 03:16 PM

but I have been around long enough and completely agree with Gadget....keep your negative opinions about others to yourself.

As for the GN checkpoint, I haven't been asked for my tourist permit for quite some time.

Zac

msteve1014
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-11-2008 at 03:29 PM

i get sprayed every time going south, and asked for the visas every time going north. we stay on the highway, no big deal,
cpg
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-11-2008 at 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy
....keep your negative opinions about others to yourself.

I agree.
oxxo
Super Nomad

Mood: If I was feeling any better, I'd be twins!

[*] posted on 5-11-2008 at 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by msteve1014
asked for the visas every time going north. we stay on the highway, no big deal,

Interesting. We stay in GN for the night, so when going north we pass through the ag station about 6 or 7 in the morning. No one has ever been in the immigration office at that hour. When we go south, we pull into GN about 5 or 6 in the afternoon. Again, no one ever in the immigration office. This is about 20 times in the last three years.

You are right, we stay on the highway going both north and south, and it has never been a big deal.
David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-11-2008 at 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by baitcast
Absolutely nothing,thats just the point,Gadget you haven,t been around here long enough to know whats been going on over the years.

I,ve been running into his crap for the last five or six years,I was 4/wheeling it with my family when he was a mere pup:lol:

He highjacks postings,corrects peoples spelling,he,s a self promoter,when he,s on his soapbox he,s at his best:rolleyes: should I go on?
Rob

PS He even gets in on fishing postings of which he knows NOTHING.

This is not like me. Sorry Rant over.

[Edited on 5-11-2008 by baitcast]

Talk about your experiences, and leave me out of your posts ... specially when you don't even know me... and that's hard to do when there already is so much on Nomad I have written.

I will post about Baja... that is what Nomad is for... Spending all your energy saying crap is ugly... I believe in people and most here are beautiful people...

As far as fishing goes, that's what brought me to Baja in the first place... the fishing! If it wasn't for fishing, then I may not have been exposed to the peninsula at the prime age I was... Here I am with my first dorado catch, off Cabo San Lucas in 1966... and we didn't fly there or take the ferry to Baja, we drove all the way down the peninsula from Tijuana... and I remember it well... I think there are some who are interested in the way Baja was before Hwy. 1 was made and I am happy to share my memories.

We fished both sides of Baja from pangas and from the shore, in the 60's, 70's, and 80's... We caught (and ate) so much fish back then that I am tired of only fishing in Baja and would rather do other things with my time off... explore, off road, photograph, camp, relax.

So, because I don't spend much time boasting about my fishing here doesn't mean I don't ever have something to say about it... That it bothers you I have anything to say at all here on Nomad is really interesting, but weird... I am not trying to make enemies with my posts, but I guess there isn't much I can say to ask you to stop your stuff, but how about it? Post what you know and not just to throw mud at other Nomads... okay? You will not find any post by me that put you down or gave you a reason to lash out at me. So please enjoy life and post as much as you can about YOUR Baja experiences... and I will do the same!

Peace, Love and Fish Tacos afterall...

66-67 pics 006.jpg - 50kB

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

msteve1014
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-11-2008 at 04:52 PM

we always hit the checkpoint about 2 or 3 pm headed south, and 9 or 10 am going north. always seems to work out that way. someone was always there at those times

[Edited on 5-11-2008 by msteve1014]
baitcast
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-11-2008 at 05:18 PM

Dave I got to hand it to you,you have always handled these skirmishes well.

Fact of the matter I have enjoyed many of your postings over the years and have agreed with you several times ie turtles,sand tracks and the like,as long as you don,t preach

The fishin I still have my doubts,but enough drama for today,I,m to old anyway. Peace Bro Who knows maybe some day we may get stuck and need a hand:lol:
Rob
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-12-2008 at 12:09 AM

Yes David does contribute good stuff. He's put a lot of time and effort into this place.
My beef is always about the same things. Exposing certain sensitive areas(imo) and grouping us Nomads into some category. Many of us us share common likes and as much, dislikes.
In reality there are many folks that don't fit the/a mold whatsoever. It doesn't make them any less a Nomad than yourself David, just different. Paz..

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
 Pages:  1    3  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.