Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Favorite Spots
Margie
Banned

[*] posted on 4-25-2004 at 02:28 PM
Favorite Spots

Randy Mac asked me what my favorite spots are down here, so here goes.

When we were kids, friends of ours, the Rosenthal's, had a house at Santini's camp. We were just 13 years old then, and I loved that spot, and still do, although it is hard to get in there now. I found a little entrance before the big ditch, but it's pretty bumpy, you can park on the highway and walkin.

3-m's comes to mind, but now it is no more, since they dumped all the rocks out in front.

Groovy little wave in El Sauzal, just south of the jetty, love it, went there alot when we were living down south, I don't know that it has a name.

Another fun left is as you are going into Ensenada, before the Las Rosas Hotel, behind the old dark orange motel that is for sale. I noticed last time we went down to do some yardwork, someone has built a new mansion there, but it still looks accessible.

Even though I'm goofy and not very good switch, Ilove Erendira.

Of course, Baja Malibu, right here!

Todos Santos, not the Island, couldn't handle that!

San Juanico, oh please, please, please, I hope Mike will let us go when we do Mulege in November !

Oh, my favorite on a North Swell, little Campo Arnaiz, and that's another story, if you are interested , log into www.Punta Banda Community Board.com. That was one of the reasons we moved down there!It's a sad story, later if anyone wants to discuss we can.

Campo Lopez, if you can get in.

Camalu and Colonet, gets pretty windy.

Believe it or not, Punta China, but take the road south towards the cement factory.

I wish I lived in San Qunitin, El Soccorro
is such a great spot, and Pavillon's is good too! Since we can't live there, we like to go and spend at least a week during July.

Mainland:

San Blas
Mazatland
There is a b-tchen little wave north of Puerto Vallarta, Sayulita, and a nice B&B place run by Tia Adrianna to stay, oh heaven!

Have not been to Puerto Escondido yet, I want to, and I also want to go to Costa.

I need to win the lottery!!!!

Oh yeah, I still love all of San Diego, being a native, and my very most favorite is,
Sennen-Cove in Sennen, England,,!!!
It's pretty cold, but the people are so wonderful, the environment is drop dead gorgeous ! Check out their site at www.sennen-cove.com

That's it for now,
I'm just an old longboarder !!!

JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-25-2004 at 06:06 PM

Mine is campito, just a mile or so south of the land dunes, followed by San Miguel ( when its not too crowded).

Margie
Banned

[*] posted on 4-25-2004 at 06:26 PM

South of the Sand Dunes, where Jesse?
South of Mision Viejo?

Who is that wild and crazy guy on your avatar? We crack up everytime we see him!
Here's a little tip for those of you that like La Fonda. Lupe, who runs the taco stand infront of the Hotel, has some really nice rooms and casitas for rent on her property. You'd have to actually go to the stand and ask for her, or ask at the Hotel.
Anyway, her property is located on the other side of La Mision, follow the dirt road back about 1-2 miles. It is very private, and you feel like you are really down somewhere in the jungle, it's really nice, really Mexican. Check it out.

Her property is on the left, the river is on the right.She has a handicapped daughter.

Jesse, aren't the Mexican surfers outraged
over what has happened at Campo Arnaiz,I mean, as far as the Americanos blocking off the access? Why is nothing be ing done? I spoke to the guys at San Miquel Surf Shop, and one of them said his brother ,who is an attorney ,was going to pursue this matter, since what the Americans are doing is totally illegal, but that was several years back, and the conditions remain the same. What's happening?Since when can Americans claim Mexican land theirs and theirs alone,
these people aren't even FM3's.

[Edited on 4-26-2004 by Margie]

JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-25-2004 at 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Margie
South of the Sand Dunes, where Jesse?
South of Mision Viejo?

Who is that wild and crazy guy on your avatar? We crack up everytime we see him!
Here's a little tip for those of you that like La Fonda. Lupe, who runs the taco stand infront of the Hotel, has some really nice rooms and casitas for rent on her property. You'd have to actually go to the stand and ask for her, or ask at the Hotel.
Anyway, her property is located on the other side of La Mision, follow the dirt road back about 1-2 miles. It is very private, and you feel like you are really down somewhere in the jungle, it's really nice, really Mexican. Check it out.

Her property is on the left, the river is on the right.

South of the dunes theres a bridge, you past that and theres a small community there with nice houses ( i dont know whats the name of that) just next to that theres a large parcel of beach front land, and thats campito, it goes off in the summer from south swells, winters are usually sh****.

That guy is Tony Clifton, famous lounge singer caracter that comedian Andy Kauffman invented.

Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 4-25-2004 at 07:09 PM

Aaaaaaahhhhhh.......
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-25-2004 at 07:19 PM
Mexitron

Is that Todos Santos?
mr.jack

[*] posted on 4-25-2004 at 11:07 PM

heh Maggie, que paso?
Margie
Banned

[*] posted on 4-25-2004 at 11:19 PM
Jack Is That You???

You're kidding me - Jack, is that you???

You're such a teaser, I'll see you out in the water.

Thank you Jesse, for the information!

Nice pic, K-38?

JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-26-2004 at 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Margie

Nice pic, K-38?
Nah, no crowds, no rocks, no trash, has to be further south.

Margie
Banned

[*] posted on 4-27-2004 at 04:04 PM
Mexitron's Secret

Donde es, esta lugar?

Digame, por favor !

Por que te vas? Ay, ay, ay, ay, ay, dolor.

[Edited on 4-27-2004 by Margie]

jide
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2004 at 10:53 PM

Has anyone surfed near laguna manuela?
I was there a month ago, and we caught this long right on longboards, estimated half a mile ride.
Cool spot!!:yes:

[Edited on 4-28-2004 by jide]
Margie
Banned

[*] posted on 4-27-2004 at 11:32 PM

Wow. No, I haven't been, we just fly past Guerro Negro. It's about 30 clicks north of there, right ? It is in a protected area, a wetland habitat ?

Can you give more details? uh-oh, another
secret spot...

Did you see any SHarKs ?

[Edited on 4-28-2004 by Margie]
jide
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2004 at 11:45 PM

We knew we were in for an hardcore surf trip when we saw this....... while approaching laguna manuela:O

[Edited on 4-28-2004 by jide]
Margie
Banned

[*] posted on 4-28-2004 at 12:20 AM

Oh no...I'm going to have bad dreams tonight ! SHarKs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Or something, they have really big teeth and they look really bad.
I can't deal with this anymore,
I can't handle it,
Es un obsesion,estoy demente por
los pescados malos !

[Edited on 4-28-2004 by Margie]

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-28-2004 at 09:20 AM

Only a half mile? You must have kicked out early! :biggrin:

We camped there in February one year so we could kayak with the whales as they come in the bay while heading north. I caught about a four foot wave on my kayak and rode that sucker for what seemed like a mile. As the tide shifted and the surf picked up I,being the only one in a group of 12 who had a board, surfed for several hours on chest to head high surf all alone. The first few waves I rode until the end and then got out and walked back up the beach. The takeoff area was right next to the rocky point and it was fun,fun,fun. When the tide had shifted it shut down and the next day the surf was gone and so were we! It was also the coldest place we have EVER camped in Baja, so far. The wind was blowing the sand all over and the water was in the 50's. :cool:

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

SteveU

[*] posted on 4-28-2004 at 10:40 AM
Interested in Laguna Manuela!

I have been there in the summer a couple of times kayaking, and wondered if the point ever had winter surf wrapping into the sandy bay. I would assume it was a mushy wave anyways, but that sounds like a lot of fun! I was at "The Wall" the week after Xmas, and planned on going down there if the surf got huge, but it didn't, so I never made it down there.
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2004 at 08:49 AM

Laguna Manuela

The tide makes it very fickle. Go for it!

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

4baja
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2004 at 06:09 AM

the tide and it needs a very large north swell to get in there, great fishing to the north of the light house tho and miles of beach to ride on.:coolup:
hyme7of9
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-12-2004 at 08:39 AM
Campo Arnaiz

Where is this ?Or what is the break called?What happened?I tried to access the Puenta Board but no go.Adios.Hyme
Margie
Banned

[*] posted on 5-12-2004 at 11:13 AM

Hyme, without going into all the sordid details, scroll back to Baja Questions & Answers, then down to Cell Phone & Mexican Bank Accountds...helppp by British Girl.

Troublemaker says he goes there, but someone else complained awile back that they couldn't get in. That was on the Punta Banda Community Board.

I've always heard the place referred to as "Arnaiz". It's after Rincon, going towards La Buffadora.The land owners are the Arnaiz family, one of the wealthiest families in Tijuana.

[Edited on 5-12-2004 by Margie]

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.