Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Capt George's New Hang out
Phil S
Super Nomad

Mood: After 34 years. Still in love w/ my wife

[*] posted on 4-27-2004 at 10:46 PM
Capt George's New Hang out

Well, on the way home to the states last week, from Loreto, we took a side trip (unannounced-surprise!!!!!) to visit with George & Debrah) Was mid afternoon and we needed to be in Guerro Negro for the night. Drove all over town looking for the "big black beast Ford pu" Wouldn't you know it. Spotted them in town driving Debra's car with the "tiny aluminum boat" behind. George was as gracious as always. Finding time to visit was never a problem for George. Debra was pressed for time, due to prior committments. This town they are in is GREAT!!!!! 88kilo's off Hwy 1 on the Pacific side. Appearances of well to do (not rich) Mexicano families here. Well kept homes, and lots of room. Didn't get out to Georges lot where the Ford & trailer were, but we'll spend a couple days there on the way back in October. I'd recommend stopping by to see them, and looking over Abrejos (sp?) to anyone passing by. Let's not let him get too lonely!!!! Paved road with a military stop just before the pavement ends. Then washboard rest of the way. Maybe 23 miles at least. It was rough this time. George says, because of the Easter holiday auto traffic that had been on it. No motel/hotels that I could find. Someone want to build one????
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 4-29-2004 at 01:27 PM
Phil - do you know where Goe. parked his boat?

i may be in abreojos in may or june, how do i find him?

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
capn.sharky
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2004 at 02:55 PM
Start by looking under rocks

If he is not there, try looking in the junk yard and basuras. You are sure to run accross him somewhere. If all else fails, stop your plane and get out where it is quiet. George has never been known to be quiet and just follow the noise to him.

If there is no fishing in heaven, I am not going
Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2004 at 07:30 AM
Capt. George

Hi Phil, thanks for stopping...Certainly not a place for everyone, but suits Deborah and my needs.....quiet and nothingness!

Mike, try the basureros first, I spend a lot of time there looking for Sharky. Can't seem to locate him, but I know he's there, his aroma gives him away.....The rest of the time, I am usually under a rock, "hiding from Sharky"....adios mi amigos..... "Vikingo"
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2004 at 10:52 AM
George, heard you ran into the LHL's

on their baja express 2004 last week! i met up with them in san francisquito last thursday, what a riot! hear they'll be back in your 'hood may 29th. i will be in mulege but just may pop over for a day before they head out of abreojos. where is your boat or did it sell??

\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

capn.sharky
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2004 at 04:57 PM
Capt. George

You can be sooooo cruel sometimes. Glad to hear you are liking it up on the Pacific. I will be back in Loreto on May 9th until July lst. I hope to visit the basura many times. Sorry about the smell but you know what Ann Landers said---Company is like fish, they begin to smell after a few days. Hasta, Russ

If there is no fishing in heaven, I am not going
Desertbull
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2004 at 08:51 PM

Capt. George is a hoot!!! No doubt you cannot miss him in the Abreojos hood! Check at Chelos....at least she'll know where to find him.

Good meetin' ya...beers next time!

DB
Me No
Banned

[*] posted on 5-3-2004 at 09:10 AM

Wait a second, I thought George was in Loreto, or is that just the cooler months?
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2004 at 06:34 AM
Tom, he blew out of Loreto after just

a short while. gave some minor hint as to reasons but think it was too "urban" for him!! Guess his boat is for sale too, or may be sold.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.