Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Verizon phone service and local calls
bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

Mood: words cannot describe...

[*] posted on 7-17-2008 at 10:40 PM
Verizon phone service and local calls

suddenly, within in the past week, we cannot make local calls with our Verizon phones (this is not just us, but EVERYONE we know with a Verizon phone). We WERE able to dial a 7 digit local number and be connected; now we get a fast busy. All other numbers are connected w/o problem. Contacted Verizon via on line cust svc and they tell me to call in to troubleshoot the "equipment" problem. Have told them it's NOT an equipment problem since everyone we know is having the same problem...it's a dialing pattern change or an issue with Telcel, their roaming partner. Mexico just implemented number portability and I've read they are have mega problems with it....could be connected. If you're using Verizon and running into this problem, PLEASE COMPLAIN to them!

Friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel.
MIXXXER

[*] posted on 7-18-2008 at 06:23 AM

I am having the same problem. I dial 01152 then the 10-digit cell phone # I get the fast busy signal as well. Very frustrating as my friend from BCS is here for the US Open of surfing, (I think his boy may be in it this year) he called yesterday and left a message and I cannot get a hold of his cell. He was able to call me and left a message on my phone, no problem on his end, just Verizon I guess. I have tried my land line as well with no joy.
bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2008 at 07:37 AM

I've tried every possible dialing pattern I can think of...nothing works.!

Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 7-18-2008 at 06:31 PM

I'm switching to ATT and the new I-PHONE 3g

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 7-18-2008 at 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MIXXXER
I am having the same problem. I dial 01152 then the 10-digit cell phone # I get the fast busy signal as well. Very frustrating as my friend from BCS is here for the US Open of surfing, (I think his boy may be in it this year) he called yesterday and left a message and I cannot get a hold of his cell. He was able to call me and left a message on my phone, no problem on his end, just Verizon I guess. I have tried my land line as well with no joy.
Mixxxer;
Welcome to Baja Nomad. I think you are having a different problem, it's the way you are dialing, to make a call to a mexican cel phone from the US or from a US phone you must add a 1 before the 10 digits. So it would be 01152 1 then the 10 digits of area code and number. Hope it helps.
saludos

A well informed Baja California traveler is a smart Baja California traveler!
bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2008 at 06:55 AM

Problem is fixed as of yesterday afternoon.

MIXXXER

[*] posted on 7-20-2008 at 03:21 PM

fdt

I tried adding the #1 in front of the ten digits........ still fast busy signal.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.