BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Central Coast Girls in Baja
Suzy

[*] posted on 4-29-2004 at 09:31 PM
Central Coast Girls in Baja

Wow this is such an awsome site! I was so stoked to here such an incouraging response. I feel a lot better. Serena my travel buddy and I are just planning our trip so we are open for suggestions. We have about 2 months available so we will be looking for cheap yet safe way to travel. We are also hoping to cross over to the main land down in Cabo. We will be driving my 93 Nissan Pickup w/ acamper shell. We have both traveled Central America on a budget alone and w/eachother so are real confident when it comes to ruffing it . Any cool spots to check out are more then welcome. Im off to search more of this site it seems full of awsome ideas and tips.

Ciao for Now

Suzy
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-29-2004 at 10:34 PM

Hi Suzy, you have seen only the tip of the iceberg... Does your Nissan have 4WD? Not that that is mandatory for most places on your first trip. If you click on my link called 'Index' at the bottom of my page... I have photos from many cool locations, listed from north to south... Please tell us what you would like to do in Baja: Beach combing, swimming, surfing, kayaking, quiet places, party places, hiking, historical sites (Indian cave paintings, mission ruins, mines), beautiful sites (palm oasis canyons and rivers, island studded bays, shear mountain ranges, pine forests), fishing, off roading, eating, camping... You see, to many of us here, Baja offers so much and is so different than anywhere on earth. That is why it is so loved by so many.

Photo below is a favorite destination: Bahia Agua Verde (south of Loreto).

Get the AAA Baja Map and go to http://www.baja-almanac.com and order the Baja Almanac and folding map.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

tim40
Senior Nomad

Mood: There yet?

[*] posted on 4-29-2004 at 10:56 PM

Not that you are ready for this type detail, but
no ferry from cabo to mainland. Your choices for that are LaPaz and Santa Rosilia. If you are looking for Baja you won't spend much time in Los Angeles South (Cabo). After doing your research a bit, do ask for input and
feedback. I dare say that the collective wisdom of others on this BB will have 'been there and done that' and will be able to provide exacting commentary. Tim
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-29-2004 at 11:12 PM

Tim40 is right on! They put Cabo at the tip, so you never have to go there to enjoy ALL of the rest of Baja! Now, there is good things to do if you want to party it up with the cruiser gang... and Cabo Magic Sportfishing will take good care of you, if you want to do that, there... But, other than that Cabo is more like Las Vegas or L.A., than Baja, Mexico.

Hey Tim, what year were you active in racing? I was in the '79 1000 and pitted a few years back then for Los Campeones...

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 4-30-2004 at 07:18 AM

Hey David--that's pretty awesome to be in the '79 race--I think that was still before the race got institutionalized, wasn't it? I've got a book telling some great stories from the '60's races--it was quite the adventure AND a race.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.