Printable Version  
Author: Subject: A Man missed and a man Met
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 5-2-2004 at 07:05 PM
A Man missed and a man Met

Pyramid Resort, Baja Norte, Mayo 1, 2004

Met a bunch of nice baja people this day but missed Senor JR. Met another man who appeared to be filled with a similar, but quieter passion--his name Herb. Pleased to meet you sir.
Met a ton of people who described themselves as lurkers. Please remember they are out there and they DO pay attention to what is said on this board. Surprised just how informed they are about what you and I say and, yes, even what we shout about.
I enjoy selling my books and even making a buck or two BUT what I enjoy the most is looking up and looking into the smiling faces of the real and wonderful peoiple who make this magic land of Baja such a wonderful place. I will never forget the man and wife who opened up under the sun and argued about whether this is a paradise--as I have said in my books--or if it is just an other fun place to be. I autographed their book with something about "you are in Paradise so enjoy it." The husband smiled quietly, confirmed in his opinion and the wife laughted and finally agreed.
What great people. My battery is recharged and I am happy and smiling as I write this.
Thank you my Baja Friends.

Saludos,
Baja Bernie

Oh! And many thanks to Doug for providing this paper on which we sling our ink.

[Edited on 5-3-2004 by Baja Bernie]

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
Herb
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2004 at 01:33 AM
Thanks Baja Bernie...

the pleasure was as much mine.

In fact I began reading your book by campfire light last night and I probably kept the coyotes awake laughing out loud. (Of course it's not like they don't spend half the night hollering themselves.):lol:

I hope you have many more yarns to spin and that there will be future books with grand adventures, interesting people and historical information about the places that many of us cherish so much. I can hardly wait!

PS - If I can't call you Mr., you cannot call me sir! Herb, Buey, Cabr--, Pend--- I've been called and aswered to all of them. Even Guero. (If you can believe that!) But I've never responded to sir. I always assumed someone uttering that word was speaking to my father. OK:biggrin:
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2004 at 09:12 AM
Hey you guys

I am sorry to have missed it this
year but bamboo projects come first unfortunately.
You are both two of my favorite people and I am really glad you got to meet in person.
Sounds like a very good time was had by all, (Keri and Mike wouldn't have it any other way!)
Next year, which I am sure this will become an annual occurance, I will be sure and be north instead of south.
Hasta luego Amigos. J.R.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.