BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Sailing vid for Paula and ccholder...
windgrrl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-3-2008 at 02:48 PM
Sailing vid for Paula and ccholder...

...and you're never to old to learn!

Watching this will give you a bit of the feeling of the joy of sailing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWINygISxDE

:bounce:

When the way comes to an end, then change. Having changed, you pass through.
~ I-Ching
Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-3-2008 at 09:33 PM

Thank you windgrrl!!! It looks fantastic! (I was going to say exhillerating, but I can't figure out how to spell it)

I'm putting it on my list of things to do.

vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 8-4-2008 at 01:41 PM

Very exciting and inspirational and fast.. The landsailing world speed record is 116 MPH. One pilot, no crew. Not meant as a high jack, just an interesting observation to me.

This is NOT the recordholder, this is a challangeer from the UK.

[Edited on 8-4-2008 by vgabndo]

FlyBy.jpg - 31kB

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
wiltonh
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-23-2008 at 10:21 PM

A few years ago I was windsurfing near some sailboats. I was passing the first one on the up wind side and the people were watching me instead of what they were doing. We got a big gust of wind and the sailboat almost got blown down and then it turned up into the wind. I pass the front with just a few feet to spare.

There was another sailboat in front so I decided to pass it with a lot more room. Again they were watching me and almost ran over a windsurfer that was down in the water.

That movie shows a lot of people sailing real close together which makes me hope nothing will go wrong.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.