Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: BAJA NOMAD NINOS GOLF TOURNEY 2009
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2008 at 04:41 PM
BAJA NOMAD NINOS GOLF TOURNEY 2009

Because our golf tourney last April provided a great day of fun and excellent food besides a fine turn out of golfers not to mention the money we donated to "Agua Viva" we are now planning another tourney for June 2009. it was a little cold in the afternoon at the course after the golf so we think June would be perfect.

Those of you that wish to volunteer their time in this outing please let me know and we can get started now. I hope to double the prizes and get gifts from various contributers in San Diego and Baja that will blow everyone away!

THIS IS ABOUT THE KIDS......... The money that was donated last year has really improved the facility at Agua Viva and makes life a little more bearable for those kids.

Doc has approved the first meeting to be held at his casa.

You might think it's a little early for us to be doing this but we were under the gun last year and only had a few months to put it all together. 2009 tourney will really be great! Please join us in this event. Those of you in Rosirito as well as San Diego and Tijuana are more than welcome to be a part of the organizing group. The more of us that can work together the better.....WE NEED YOU!
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 8-6-2008 at 07:07 PM
Hey lips

bajablonde and I are in.................again. See you this weekend!!!!

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2008 at 07:35 PM

We don't golf and we usually only stop in Ensenada long enough to shop, but

if when it is closer to the time, you set up a place for either cash or other donations, that would be good.

Diane

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2008 at 07:37 PM

JD....spend the weekend helping out.....it was a hoot last year!!!!!

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2008 at 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
JD....spend the weekend helping out.....it was a hoot last year!!!!!

Will give it some serious thought----are the kids directly involved?

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2008 at 07:57 PM

yup, a bunch of them were there last year

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2008 at 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jdtrotter
set up a place for either cash or other donations,

All cash donations will be accepted at Sharkys on Friday afternoons.
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2008 at 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by jdtrotter
set up a place for either cash or other donations,

All cash donations will be accepted at Sharkys on Friday afternoons.

:lol::lol::lol:

Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 8-6-2008 at 08:15 PM

I'm not a golfer...
BUT, I'LL VOLUNTEER TO HELP OUT NEXT YEAR.
COUNT ME INN.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2008 at 09:08 PM

Baja Guy, I can always count on you and the wife to make the best sandwiches and my family and I are looking forward to getting together while you are down next week.

.JD and Udo thank you both. When we figure out who is doing what you both will be a big help. And Udo, we can talk about islands in the south pacific. I have not forgot.....

And Dennis, I know you will be part of this again next year and please tell Bob that his help last year was outstanding and I hope he will be with us again in 2009.

It is still a long way off so any of you that can offer a donation, or prize it will go to a good cause.
awfulart
Nomad

Mood: Wondering what our Nit-Wit elected officials are doing now?

[*] posted on 8-7-2008 at 09:04 AM

Count me in. Will help as needed. Expect to be in Punta Banda for the Chili cook off next week if all goes well. Will be pulling our 28 Ft Alpenlite with a Gray 3/4 ton pickup. Our German Shepherd will be providing guard duty.

Hope to meet some of you all

Art & Alice
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-7-2008 at 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by lizard lips

And Dennis, I know you will be part of this again next year and please tell Bob that his help last year was outstanding and I hope he will be with us again in 2009.

Absolutly.
Good call on the extended time period to put it all together.
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 8-8-2008 at 05:38 PM

Send me some info on the tournament and I will gladly pass the word around up in these parts and see if I can put together some foursomes for you...

lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2008 at 07:23 PM

You are gong to play as well Gringo? Thanks
Udo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2008 at 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lizard lips
Baja Guy, I can always count on you and the wife to make the best sandwiches and my family and I are looking forward to getting together while you are down next week.

.JD and Udo thank you both. When we figure out who is doing what you both will be a big help. And Udo, we can talk about islands in the south pacific. I have not forgot.....
Quote:

LL... I have the capability to feed about 1000 people with all my catering stuff, but considering the distance I have to travel, I can prepare fish tacos on site (i'll pick up the angelito at the fish market), and I'll bring about 20 gallons of my state winning chili. Jana will be there to help also.

It is still a long way off so any of you that can offer a donation, or prize it will go to a good cause.

Udo

lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2008 at 08:20 PM

Udo & Jana,

Always looking for a volunteer! When we all get together and get this planned we will for sure let you know. Fish tacos would be very nice and I'm always up for a bowl of chili!
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2008 at 08:50 PM

Udo,

I'll bring the KAVA...:o
Udo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2008 at 09:13 PM

I still have some KAVA left form our last trip...about 5 years ago. We can compare grades.
I used to take a capsule a day from the 4 kilos I brought back, but U.S. research had shown that KAVA, although intoxicating, was somewhat harmful to the liver, therefore I quit taking it. I thought that the low age span of the fijians was due to poor medical care in the islands, but liver problems seem to prevail in the native islanders (not the native Hindu Indians, of which there is an equal population, and the Hindus do not partake in the Kava tradition.)

By the way, our chili is a big hit when used as a topping on tostones w/cheese/slasa/avocado relish. The flavors just explode.
I'll try to remember to bring some Fijian Rum. I have two bottles left that are about half full. I really savor those bottles, so we'll just have a couple of shooters. The rum is 180 proof and really different.

When we get closer to the date, let me know where we can make hotel reservations. We'll probably get there the Friday of the weekend. We love La Bufadora and generally eat at Habana Banana's for their raw oysters.

Udo

lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2008 at 10:15 PM

My driver in Nadi introduced me to the root. It was quite interesting the first time as with most things, the first time! When he brought me back to the airport I had some time to kill so he took me to where the cabbies hang out at the airport in between flights and we sat there with about fifteen of them and drank to our hearts content. I border the flight back to L.A. fell asleep and woke up after we landed.

Every time I go to Nadi I see all the cabbies that I was with that afternoon and they remember that day....

The Kava in Tonga and Samoa is completely different from the Fijian blend.

It seems like most of the south Pacific Islanders suffer from Diabetes. Their diet is terrible.
bigmike
Nomad

Mood: Loving Life

lol.gif posted on 8-9-2008 at 04:56 AM

Leslie and I will be in again this year, someone has to keep Doc in line.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.