Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: BAJA NOMAD NINOS GOLF TOURNEY 2009
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2008 at 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by udowinkler
I'll try to remember to bring some Fijian Rum. I have two bottles left that are about half full. I really savor those bottles, so we'll just have a couple of shooters. The rum is 180 proof and really different.

That hurts just to read about it. You can buy something similiar here called Caña.
bigboy
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2008 at 07:55 AM

If Christine's work schedule allows. we'll be there to help and to keep Big Mike in line!
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2008 at 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bigboy
If Christine's work schedule allows. we'll be there to help and to keep Big Mike in line!

Just tell her to quit so you can support her in the manner which she deserves.
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2008 at 09:24 AM

Larry we need you and Christine. You missed it last year and why are still making the wife work?.... Big Mike, you and the wife really did a fantastic job in 2008. If it wasn't for the both of you we wouldn't have been able to pull it off. Looking forward for next year!
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 8-9-2008 at 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
I'll try to remember to bring some Fijian Rum. I have two bottles left that are about half full. I really savor those bottles, so we'll just have a couple of shooters. The rum is 180 proof and really different.

That hurts just to read about it. You can buy something similiar here called Caña.

Quote:

I generally use the CANA(sp), (I don't know how to make an enye), to make large batches of maragritas. The 5 or 6 liter jugs are sold next to the Viva Villa, which I also use to make margaritas. When getting shnockered, flavor is not a factor, potency is.
Come to think of it, I'll just bring a couple of flasks, I don't want to chance customs taking it away because it doesn't have a U.S. tax stamp on it. The suff is irreplaceable.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2008 at 10:00 AM

Quote:

I generally use the CANA(sp), (I don't know how to make an enye), to make large batches of maragritas. The 5 or 6 liter jugs are sold next to the Viva Villa, which I also use to make margaritas.

Viva Villa is made of Caña as well. Some restaurants here do the same thing but, I've seen Mexicans get up and walk out of a bar when they found out.

ñññ------- Google- Alt Codes

Sorry Udo...I got all stuck in your quote box.

[Edited on 8-9-2008 by DENNIS]
Udo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2008 at 10:07 AM

Quote:
Quote:

I generally use the CANA(sp), (I don't know how to make an enye), to make large batches of maragritas. The 5 or 6 liter jugs are sold next to the Viva Villa, which I also use to make margaritas.

Viva Villa is made of Caña as well. Some restaurants here do the same thing but, I've seen Mexicans get up and walk out of a bar when they found out.

Quote:

Thanks, Dennis!

Udo

Udo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2008 at 10:20 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Thanks, Dennis!

Quote:
Sorry, Dennis, the enye code will not work on my laptop with an added key pad. It doesn't even work if I press the fn key to change my qwerty into a numeric pad.

Udo

bajadock
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2008 at 10:37 AM

As Lips stated, getting golfers and sponsors committed early will ease some of the challenges faced last year. The event was successful due to a great team of volunteers and some significant personal sacrifices.

The Pub is open as usual and will host a gathering for interested volunteers. Suggesting first or second week in September. Maybe a saturday afternoon to catch more Ensenada nomads in town?

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2008 at 10:44 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Sorry, Dennis, the enye code will not work on my laptop with an added key pad. It doesn't even work if I press the fn key to change my qwerty into a numeric pad.

Oh oh......This is a job for Grover.
bigboy
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2008 at 10:56 AM

Dennis,

If Christine quit working, I don't know if I could maintain my fleet of boats and 4X4 trucks!
I sure hope she doesn't read this post.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2008 at 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bigboy
Dennis,

If Christine quit working, I don't know if I could maintain my fleet of boats and 4X4 trucks!
I sure hope she doesn't read this post.

Yeah. I hope you didn't burn any bridges at Cal Trans.
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2008 at 12:52 PM

The Tamales were fantastic Bajabound! I hope you and the Amigo are going to be available for next year.
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 8-9-2008 at 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lizard lips
You are gong to play as well Gringo? Thanks

Yes and I will bring a foursome with me. Will try to put together some additional groups as you can give me details/dates, etc.

bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

Mood: words cannot describe...

[*] posted on 8-9-2008 at 01:05 PM

Saturdays in September are looking ugly for us. We have the play the first 2 weekends, the PBYC picnic is the 20th...the afternoon of the 27th looks good right now.

Friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel.
Udo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2008 at 01:17 PM

September looks good for me except for 11,12,13. We'll be in Baja anyway but will be celebrating our anniversary.
Perhaps one of the famous Nomad polls would work on this occasion?

Udo

lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2008 at 01:26 PM

Lets do it the afternoon of the 27th. Anyone have any problem with that?

BajaGringo. It will be nice to meet you and your foursome will be welcome! We are always looking for some sponsors so if you have contacts that want to generate some publicity please let us know.
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2008 at 01:27 PM

I should have a date set after the meeting on the 27th.
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 8-9-2008 at 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lizard lips
Lets do it the afternoon of the 27th. Anyone have any problem with that?

BajaGringo. It will be nice to meet you and your foursome will be welcome! We are always looking for some sponsors so if you have contacts that want to generate some publicity please let us know.

The 27th will work fine for me. Look forward to meeting some new faces as well. U2U or email me the sponsor and any additional info and I will go to work on it today...

lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2008 at 07:20 PM

Just was informed by Doc that the first meeting will take place at his casa the afternoon of September 27.

For those of you that don't know where Doc's home is located please let me know and you can follow me that day. It's a little difficult to give directions.

See you all there. Another notice will be posted when we get closer in the mean time go to the CHILI COOK OFF AT LA BUFFADORA NEXT WEEKEND. I will be there---Love that Chili!
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.