Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Pam in Loreto!!!
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 9-5-2008 at 09:08 AM
Pam in Loreto!!!

got it - i am on it!!:mad:

call me. and call Jack El Jefe too asap. he has nada better to do than help you and them, trust me!!:light:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2008 at 12:23 PM

AS POSTED ON BBP, courtesy to PB:
i got this from a friend who runs a fishing charter in Loreto. i asked her to call Sr. Mario L. and talk to him 1st and suggested if the pilots were not BBP members now is the time to join!!

text - : don't know if you can answer this, but do you know the procedure and fees (roughly) for landing at the airport in Loreto (LTO) or any other Baja airport, for landing after hours?

supposedly this airport closes at 7pm.

I have three guys out fishing right now who landed on wednesday 3 september at approximately 8pm. they filed their flightplan in Sandy, NV (3L2) on 3 september then flew directly to LTO. pilot says he checked immigration on their hours and was told until 10PM is OK. also he tried to contact the airport about times, fees, etc and couldn' get anywhere.

when they landed and came into the terminal they ended up being charged alomst xxxx US Dollars. Part was paid my AMEX the rest in cash. they don't have receipts for all of it either. I have them putting all receipts together and documenting the cash and non-receipted charges so that we may file a complaint. this doesn't sound right to me, so I thought I'd ask before making waves.

if this is abuse by the airport I will file a formal complaint on behalf of the city of LTO and the hotel association and tourism board. this is no way to treat tourists especially in a poor economy. if you can direct me to the Baja Bush Pilots perhaps they may also know.

(I will be in a remote location most of the day today with only a handheld so not sure If i can contact anyone with the handheld but I'll certainly try)

thank you, PB in Loreto

\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

jorgie
Nomad

Mood: on the road....again,again

[*] posted on 9-6-2008 at 01:19 PM

Mike, keep top rudder on..........much thanks.
I hope you have put some weight back on, take care
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2008 at 01:32 PM

haha!! you are cracking me up, man!!
yes i am a gordo for sure. have we met? don't recall the handle.

we will fight to right this wrong. Sr. Landeros is a good honest comandante.
the last guy at MMLT that pulled this stuff got fired and charged for a crime. the arrogance! do they think it would just be accepted swept under and they'd get away?? un real!!

jorgie
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2008 at 03:09 PM

don't inside loop , outside is better but ya gotta control the rudder.
Yer right but we've been getting it screwed up for years.
Ya were my neighbour two years ago at Seinidad [sic] Don reckoned yer were tops........when ya see him tell him I still think his wife plays great piano but his daughter gets Sinatra in G.........at two AM that's really great stuff ...........make real certain ya twick off both mags before ya take off
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 9-6-2008 at 03:44 PM

PILOT TALK! aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

jorgie
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2008 at 03:53 PM

even us 'ol guys can/hope to float ya boat .....or find some well grown alder tree tp stall out on...............it's a habit ....like riding a bike ...
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-7-2008 at 07:22 AM

from El Jefe at BBP:

"As we have said over and over, if there is any complaint about anything, we need names, date, time, recepts, copies of flight plans, and a brief discription of the problem. With that information, we can (will) go all the way to the top (Mexico City) to resolve the problem. We have saved members hundreds of dollars all over Mexico but, without documentation, it is a "he said, she said" situation. " Jack @ BBP

------Jorgie, i have no clue who you are. Could be my Dain Bramage.
an RV transient in the park? sorry but we had them by the dozens over the years when i leased permanent space 4.
partied with a few, peeed off a few, ignored a few, and have made permanent friends with a few.

hope you are enjoying baja anyway. sure wish i was there now.

flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

Mood: gone fishin'

[*] posted on 9-7-2008 at 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
from El Jefe at BBP:

"As we have said over and over, if there is any complaint about anything, we need names, date, time, recepts, copies of flight plans, and a brief discription of the problem. With that information, we can (will) go all the way to the top (Mexico City) to resolve the problem. We have saved members hundreds of dollars all over Mexico but, without documentation, it is a "he said, she said" situation. " Jack @ BBP....

what Jack says sounds reasonable but.... This came to ,my attention on thursday afternoon. I started contacting Capt. Mike on Friday and he responded fast. I found out that BBP's office is closed until Monday morning and I tried to contact them, left a voice msg. also. Nothing can be done until manana neither here in LTO nor in Chandler, AZ at BBP. Our commandante only works monday thru friday according to the staff in his office. I was at the airport at 14:00 today (Sunday, which has always been the major flight day of the week) inquiring about Mario and his hours, and interestingly enough, those inside that office who knew me became nervous. Maybe they remembered the flyrods onboard the beech bonanza that's parked outside their window. Small town.

if somebody can refer me to or post a picture of Mario I don't know the guy but it will make this easier. the pilots and passengers say the comdte. was not present when they landed.
flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-7-2008 at 04:13 PM

Quote:
do they think it would just be accepted swept under and they'd get away?? un real!!

obviously they do :(
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-7-2008 at 05:31 PM

he is 50ish with slight thin build , tall like 6', full dark hair ,cut like a biz guy would. sharp pressed white shirt always. a moustache, deep set dark eyes.
a laid back demeanor. almost reticent but firm, no nonsense like.

flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-8-2008 at 02:13 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for the description but Mario es un pelon
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-8-2008 at 02:16 PM

Quote:
he is 50ish with slight thin build , tall like 6', full dark hair ,cut like a biz guy would. sharp pressed white shirt always. a moustache, deep set dark eyes.
a laid back demeanor. almost reticent but firm, no nonsense like.

I'll bet you watched Dragnet, huh?:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 9-8-2008 at 02:21 PM

it ONLY takes a razor to be a "pelon":biggrin::light:

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 9-8-2008 at 02:22 PM

un pelon= "baldy" in the east la world...

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-8-2008 at 02:39 PM

huh? he's bald? fooled me. the only Mario Landeros i ever met there had hair as far as i can remember. there was another admin guy there before i dealt with for years he is heavier set with less hair. sort of balding i guess you'd say.

so how did it go? resolve?

flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-9-2008 at 09:04 AM

my handheld kept kicking me off last night.

I just thought it was funny that I was looking for a full head of hair buzzcut when I figured out who he was. I don't think he has had hair in a long time and I caught myself looking at his ID badge even though he sat behind the desk. :lol:

good reasonable guy and the pilot will be flying out today. I hope they'll be able to take care of the situation becuse it wasn't Mario's department who overcharged (extorted) the pilots and passengers. if this can't be resolved then it needs to brought to the attention to every private pilot to be aware of the goings on at MMLT, Loreto, BCS (LTO). i'm not a BBP member so I can't do that but i will warn my clients! its too damned bad I have to do that at all :fire:
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-9-2008 at 02:14 PM

yes, that's the problem , diff depts at the airport. that tells me it was migracion and aduana that tag teamed them for the rip off.

Mario can't help this one but Jack at BBP has gotten these things fixed by going thru mexico city where he is connected at all levels.

Pam please tell your guys they simply need to call Jack and give him copies of all the paper they got. may take a few weeks but i have seen this fixed before and the perps are usually fired and demoted.

in furtherance of tourism i encourage you to go to the locals govt as well and start some rable rousing while BBP works on it. the last time word got around that MMLT was ripping guys the BBP members for the most part were very vocal in not landing there and not going to Loreto for R&R.
can be a huge deal. Then Mario got reassigned from TJ and alol was well again. at least one guy with DGAC got axed.

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-24-2008 at 08:06 AM
Pam - your guys have posted a short

scathing trip report on BBP about their trials from an ARR in MMLT after hours.

i can't tell whether they are pursuing redress via Jack's help as they seem in their prose to have just written it off and warning to others.

can you advise where you are with local tourism board or other support?? and i can post a follow up there for you.
there are 11,000 pilot members nation wide of the BBP that have access to that forum - you sure don't want potential biz to be dissuaded from coming to Loreto because of perceived shake downs!

Shark18
Banned

[*] posted on 9-24-2008 at 08:32 AM

I just read this post from top to bottom. The Loreto airport closes at 7PM. It is clearly stated on the ASA website:

http://www.asa.gob.mx/wb/webasa/loreto_aeropuertos

You'd get the same hefty charges if you landed at at US airport of entry after hours.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.