Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  ..  6
Author: Subject: SOLD!!! Bahia de los Angeles House for Sale/$54,900
larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2008 at 08:12 AM

Will
Thanks for the kind words, and good luck on your recovery since the surgeries. Elwyn told me a little about it.

Mike
I think it is just a sign of the times, money is tight. I wish I could have seen the future when we bought the other place in May. The world has changed quite a bit since then.
Larry
larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-15-2009 at 11:49 AM

Our place is still available and the price is negotiable. If you are interested and in the area please contact us by email or VHF Radio Channel 68 - "Rancho Pacifico".
tim40
Senior Nomad

Mood: There yet?

[*] posted on 1-16-2009 at 11:01 AM

I apologize if I missed it in the post string, however would you please confirm if this is with title or lease...if lease, for what annual rate? THank you

When searching for the end of your rainbow you only have until dusk....
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 1-16-2009 at 11:25 AM

Is all the land in the area leased land?

larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-16-2009 at 06:57 PM

Tim
This land is leased from the Munoz family and is colonial land so no ejido encumberances. The family is not interested in selling the land but want it to stay as it is in perpetuity. They will give a long term lease. I have been on the property for 10 years now and the lease payment of $1100 a year has not changed in that time.

BajaGringo
The vast majority of the land in the south bay area of BLA is leased. There are a few Fideo Comisos (sp?) in the area but not any for sale. I recently bought one that came available last April. I waited 10 years for one to come available in this area.
Larry
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 1-16-2009 at 07:13 PM

Thanks Larry. Leased land would not be my first choice but I do know some who have been in some long term (20+years) lease situations who have a great relationship with the property owners and are very happy overall with the deal. Especially in some more remote areas where services are few and the property owners help to fill that gap via the lease relationship.

Good luck!

:):):)

rogerj1
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-18-2009 at 02:41 AM

I'd be interested in looking into this. I've been looking for an opportunity for awhile. I've not been to BOLA before so I'd need to check it out before I could make a commitment.
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-18-2009 at 07:50 AM

Come on down, maybe we can finally meet in person neighbor!

Mean people suck!
rogerj1
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-19-2009 at 11:26 PM

I could really use a break from reality right now. I need to put my thinking cap on.
larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-3-2009 at 12:46 PM

Well I need get some action on this place so I am lowering the price to $79,900. Check it out if you happen to be in the area over Easter.
Larry
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-3-2009 at 09:54 PM

Too bad that Capt. Muņoz' beautiful runway isn't maintained and not going to remain open there... Otherwise, it would be a Baja pilot's dream vacation home!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-4-2009 at 10:24 AM

David
You make it sound like there is a schedule to close the runway, do you know something that I do not? As far as being maintained, the runway is kept in a usable condition by the pilots who use it. Right now there is more than 1500' of usable runway. Of course there are no guarantees as to how long it will be usable, the military could come in and trench it when ever they want. Such is Baja.
Larry
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 4-4-2009 at 10:08 PM

Larry, there is a fee that must be paid annually to keep a airstrip open... I have friends who have contacted you already... I am hoping one of them will buy your place... I wish I could! I heard Leysel is not going to pay the fee again...???

[Edited on 4-5-2009 by David K]

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

steekers
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-4-2009 at 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Larry, there is a fee that must be paid annually to keep a airstrip open... I have friends who have contacted you already... I am hoping one of them will buy your place... I wish I could! I heard Lysell (sp?) is not going to pay the fee again...???

Just to set the record straight, I am the one who has seen Larry's place including walking the runway and loved it. My problem (since I am a pilot) is that the landowner doesn't want to make runway "improvements" that to me would be necessary. I am not wanting to park my plane out of my immediate sight and that means being able to taxi right up to my casa. If it were your plane would't you want to do the same? A plane was already jacked from BOLA recently (yes, at the North hardpack strip). If some flexibility could come from the landowner, I would be thrilled and more open to buy it!

As for the permit, I have contacts in Mexico City DGAC (FAA) that could re-permit the strip without big hassles. I am guessing the landowner has some other hidden issues.

Too bad. It would be a nice get-a-way.:cool:
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 4-4-2009 at 10:42 PM

steekers, see your u2u (top of page)...

If I mis-understood about the fee (not going to be paid anymore) part, I apologize.

steekers
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-4-2009 at 11:00 PM

When I was there in March, I was told directly that the strip would NOT be re-permitted.
larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-5-2009 at 08:30 AM

Actually you are both right, The strip is not permitted now and has not been for the last 5 years, and Leysel does not want to put the money into repermitting the strip because she says that even if she does pay the money that the military can come and trench it. That's what she says but I think Mike is correct, she may have other agendas that she is not talking about.
Bottom line is the strip is usable now, and the general consensus of the users is just keep useing it and keep a low profile, it will last as long as it lasts, then it's over.
Larry
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 4-5-2009 at 09:28 AM

probably the only place i have yet to land on my list of places to go that i haven't made yet. the BLX Munoz strip.

tried a couple of times but was after recent rains and no one had addressed the arroyos yet. While they look harmless at a 100 ft buzz pass....reality is they can tear off a gear leg with easy. ruin the day!!

too bad - i hope it lasts - what a fabulous place to own a home.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
steekers
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-17-2009 at 10:59 PM
seeking partner for this deal

Hello to all serious about this offer.

Having been to Larrys place by air and ground, I am now serious about buying it with a partner, most preferably an active pilot. While I can afford to get it alone, there is an advantage to partnering up with the "right one" so those of you seriously interested in this arrangement please contact me on this forum or via U2U.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 5-18-2009 at 05:41 AM

good luck on your quest Steekers. wish i could join in.
need a few years still....:(

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
 Pages:  1  2    4  ..  6

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.