Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: San Felipe Shrimp Fest, Nov 7-9 2008
bigmike
Nomad

Mood: Loving Life

biggrin.gif posted on 10-23-2008 at 05:38 PM

It looks like we will need to do the V Lounge on Sunday night as I have been informed that a big party is being thrown for our Former Commodore David, on the night of the 8th. It will be in honor of one year cancer free and he will actually be able to drink again, who wants to take bets on how long he lasts after no drinks for over a year. So hope to see whomever can make it on the 9th around 6pm.
CortezBlue
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-24-2008 at 11:28 AM

I think Saturday night is a better night as many of us need toleave sunday.

Any other suggestions?

How about the barefoot bar at El Cortz or PDO?
bigmike
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-26-2008 at 07:54 PM

Ok Party is back on for Saturday night at 6pm as our private party has been changed to Friday night, we will have our group with other people at the lounge. Just look for Bigmike, Vince, Kathleen, Larry. See u there.
CortezBlue
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-27-2008 at 08:44 AM

Ok, where is the Vlounge?

Thanks
bigmike
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-27-2008 at 11:24 AM

The V Lounge is located on the main drag, one block off the malecon, if you drive down the malecon past the Miramar Bar, then turn left on to the main street down town it will be on your left a block or two up the street.
CortezBlue
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-27-2008 at 12:28 PM

Ok, I will have a few other folks with us as well
meme
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-27-2008 at 04:32 PM

I believe it is the Old Christies Piano Bar? Isn't it?
We will try to stop in for a drink & meet some Nomads also! Tho RIGHT town will be packed!!! Parking won't be fun!!!
bbbait
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2008 at 01:34 PM

I'm trying to place the "V" lounge.. I thought I knew where all the bars in town were, but this one excapes me. The Caliente is on the right corner going south just past the Miramar, where from there?
BajaWarrior
Super Nomad

Mood: Anxious to get south

[*] posted on 10-31-2008 at 03:45 PM

They have a website I looked at yesterday, bajavlounge.com

It is located between the Rockodile and the Miramar on the second street from the water.

Haven't had a bad trip yet....
bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

Mood: words cannot describe...

[*] posted on 11-6-2008 at 06:18 PM

Don't forget! Saturday, 6 pm at the V Lounge to meet your fellow Nomads!

Friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel.
CortezBlue
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2008 at 07:45 PM

we will be there!!
Lindalou
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-7-2008 at 12:46 PM

OK, all you Nomads and Punta Banda people Have fun! Rich and I and Dennis will hold down the fort and feed Miss Kitty. :).....Linda
Lindalou
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-7-2008 at 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by meme
I believe it is the Old Christies Piano Bar? Isn't it?
We will try to stop in for a drink & meet some Nomads also! Tho RIGHT town will be packed!!! Parking won't be fun!!!
Hi Val, most of these folks that you are going to meet are friends and neighbors of mine. Maybe we'll make it next year.
meme
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-8-2008 at 08:04 AM

Sorry to hear you will not be amongst the Nomads coming to get-together Linda. We plan on stopping in to meet Nomads & check out the
V Lounge also! I'm hearing good things about it!:yes::yes:
No LOUD Music being one of the Best!!:biggrin::biggrin: I have heard you can actually talk to each other in there!!:biggrin::biggrin: Can you believe there is such a place?????:biggrin:
Lindalou
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2008 at 12:21 PM

(Thanks Doug, just didn't know where to look) Val, you are right, never knew of a lounge where you could actually talk to each other. So how was it and did you like the V lounge and meet lots of Nomads? Tell us your side of the story! :)
meme
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2008 at 01:48 PM
Shrimp Festival/Nomads

No actually we only met two of them. One at one table, the rest did not seem interested? & Another guy did introduce himself & talked a little bit anyway.
We nor a couple others we know stayed as they did not seem real interested in meeting Nomads & it was crowded, & noisey not to mention totally inundated by smokers & smoke! Guess it's not our kinda place after all! Have no idea just WHY they(V Lounge) are letting themselves in for problems as smoking in public places now is against the law in Mexico also & we hear is soon to be starting to enforced!
Lindalou
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2008 at 05:56 PM

Wow, sorry to hear that, Nomads are usually really happy to meet other Nomads. Don't blame you for not liking the smoke though. Maybe after the festival the lounge will be more to your liking when it's not so crowded.
bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2008 at 06:21 PM

Unfortunately, our group was made up of a lot more than Nomads. There may have been 10 Nomads at most in our group. Three of us (me, Bajamigo and Beachbum1A) arrived a little late to the V Lounge (maybe 6:45?) and while it was full of people from Punta Banda, I would not have recognized a fellow Nomad that I didn't already know! We should have planned ahead and said something like WEAR YOUR NOMAD shirt (for the guys), or a red shirt or something to make us all stand out to each other. I'm so sorry I didn't get to meet those of you who did show up! Other Nomads know that Bajamigo and I are very hospitable to Nomads, and some have become very good friends all through this very forum!

So to those of you who were there, or weren't but wanted to be, any time you are in our neck of the woods (Punta Banda, although apprarently it's been renamed Punta Brava via the Tiger Woods Golf Course), LET US KNOW. The bar is always open, no smoking allowed, dogs welcome.

BTW, the Shrimp Fest (IMHO) is far over-rated. We could have stayed home, gone to the fish market for the same shrimp, enjoyed ourselves with our friends (the ones that didn't go) and saved a lot of money! But now we can say, yes, we've been there.

Here's a link to pix, including from the V Lounge (I stayed in the RED ROOM):
http://picasaweb.google.com/vincebaja/SanFelipeShrimpFest200...

wornout
Senior Nomad

Mood: No Bad Days

[*] posted on 11-10-2008 at 07:02 PM

Got there just after 6pm. Saw Meme and Jim, and two of their kids, and asked them if any other nomads were there. They didn't know. There was one other table with people sitting there. I asked if they were from Punta Banda, and they said they were but they were not nomads. I was ready to leave when about 30 people came in. Nobody really introduced themselves and I did have a name badge on. The place was so smokey my wife and I decided to leave.

Just before leaving, I went to one table and asked if there were any nomads there. BigMike did introduce himself and we had a nice talk. I introduced him to Meme. He said there were about 100 of them from Punta Banda in town for the Shirmp Festival, but few were nomads. I asked if anybody from Arizona was there as BigMike seemed to know everyone. He said not yet.

We left at that time. So bottom line, we met one nomad from out of town.

This Space Available, E-Mail Me If Interested.
bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2008 at 07:08 PM

Wornout! You were leaving as we walked in! I mean, literally! I saw the name badge (but not the name on it!)

Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.