Mood: elevated

[*] posted on 8-4-2010 at 10:18 PM

your link is dead for sure....

surf first everything a come after!!
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 8-5-2010 at 05:46 AM

the cool thing is it is a world class surf "spot", not destination. oh, and when you do FINALLY get out there 200 of your new friends are waiting, giving you the stink eye when you roll into camp.....

you can have it.

Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2010 at 07:38 PM

Four of us from Punta Chivato made a trip across the mountains to camp at San Juanico for for days in April of '09. The ride over was really fun but when we got there the wind was blowing so hard that there was no way to set up a tent or think about cooking. We ran into Nomad "Merlin" ,Jack (bajafam1@hotmail.com), and as luck would have it he rents some of his friends/ neighbors homes. He and his wife Angela went way out of their way to make sure us "not camping" folks had everything we wanted. I did a post on this trip a long time ago. http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=38321#pid4097...
But it doesn't show our accommodations.
After we got settled in we had dinner at the restaurant on the point. And found 3 other couples from PC there and staying in the rooms there. They hated the rooms and bathroom set up. Bad beds and had to cross through other rooms to get to the toilet.

here's the kitchen where we stayed

and the patio with BBQ where we cooked our tri-tip and ribs and a lot more of the camp food we hauled over.

bedroom

bathroom

View

Court yard where all 4 quads fit

from the road

Steve, the only surfer in our bunch, riding the inside break on a really blown out 4 days.

gas station

The neighbors also for rent and 2 stories

Wel,l that's the long of it. I'm not sure if Jack is still helping out with rentals but he and the rentals all had their permits and "official" facturas for each place. Maybe bajalaurie is part of this now???

[Edited on 8-6-2010 by Russ]

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 8-6-2010 at 06:59 AM

thanks Russ...I really love looking at photos of baja homes and seeing the neat ideas and shapes people have come up with for decorating, rock work etc. My favorite idea are the stones along the edges of the tiled stairs...I'm gonna file that one away! Also nice to know about the facturas.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
merlin
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2011 at 06:14 PM

Thanks for the great plug! We haven't been on this site for some time but I was searching around and found this post. If anyone wants more info don't hesitate to u2u me or check out our website:
www.scorpionbayrentals.com

Hasta pronto!
bajario
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2011 at 07:18 PM

My family and I stayed at the red house over the summer with another couple. The house was perfect for our group and Jack was great. Helped us with everything and let us know the scoop on the area. I for one hope the road doesn't make it there but then again I don't live there, yet. Looking forward to my return sooner than later.

Loreto-Scorpion Bay 7-2010 Kids.jpg - 32kB
merlin
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2011 at 07:29 PM

Glad you guys enjoyed the stay - hopefully we'll see you again soon.

Oh, and sorry for hi-jacking this thread. I guess I should start a new one.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.