Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5  ..  18
Author: Subject: Norbert
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-7-2008 at 07:01 PM

I was hoping that this hurricane would weaken and move NW but this afternoon it looks like it will come in around TS as a hurricane. Hope the model changes!

10:7-2pm.jpg - 47kB
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 10-7-2008 at 07:09 PM

Check out the satellite and radar imagery of Norbert. This storm looks REALLY large in size.

vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 10-7-2008 at 08:14 PM

This is a very large storm, along the lines of Juliette.
As Morgaine's image shows, it will hit and cross the peninsula as a full blown hurricane. Hope they're wrong, but in the mean time:"Hold on to your hat":no:

I think my photographic memory ran out of film

Air Evacuation go to
http://www.loretobarbara@skymed.com
ArroyoTaxi
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-7-2008 at 08:24 PM
Sending our best vibes to everyone in Southern Baja.

We thought we got off easy this season.
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 10-7-2008 at 08:25 PM

Well, it doesn't look good for flying the buck80 into Punta Pescadero on Friday. If it were just my lovely wife and I it would be a GRAND adventure but I doubt that the cats and dog would be amused spending a few nights stranded somewhere. I think we'll shoot for Tuesday or Wednesday......guess I'll have to wear these long pants for a few more days......dt
rogbag
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-7-2008 at 09:32 PM

Will get to Buena Vista Wednesday PM the 8th for a week stay - looks like it might be interesting, or at least wet. Have lived thru a tornado, several earthquakes, one marriage and the aftermath of Hurrican Camille, so it appears that I might get a new experience. Not necessarily a bad thing....
What effect do hurricanes generally have on the fishing?
Do they make the water too cloudy or full of runoff debris for the fish to see the bait?
Or maybe just enough to make the tuna and dorado really hungry?
Hope to get one day of fishing in before the Norbert hits the fan.
Cajones
Banned

[*] posted on 10-7-2008 at 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rogbag
Will get to Buena Vista Wednesday PM the 8th for a week stay - looks like it might be interesting, or at least wet. Have lived thru a tornado, several earthquakes, one marriage and the aftermath of Hurrican Camille, so it appears that I might get a new experience. Not necessarily a bad thing....

Rogbag, if you haven't done so already, I suggest you go to the National Weather Service National Hurricane Center here:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/index.shtml

Norbert is turning into a big hurricane. It is now expected to hit Comondú dead on as a Cat 3, possibly a Cat 4. It is over warm water. Everybody down there who is not in a concrete block building on high ground is in danger. I strongly suggest you don't go down there right now.
Hook
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2008 at 01:47 AM
Category Three must faster than predicted!!

It is now OFFICIALLY a Major hurricane! 2am update from the NHC already out! Category Four now considered possible!

http://www.eebmike.com/

[Edited on 10-8-2008 by Hook]

CaboRon
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Peacefull

[*] posted on 10-8-2008 at 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Russ
I was hoping that this hurricane would weaken and move NW but this afternoon it looks like it will come in around TS as a hurricane. Hope the model changes!

Russ,
The pic you are showing on your post does not show a TS landfall, but about five hundred miles north of TS ... You need to get a clearer pic of where TS is ....
It appears it will be hitting Comondu...

CaboRon

[Edited on 10-8-2008 by CaboRon]

Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 10-8-2008 at 05:32 AM

wed morning...

it's time to prepare for the weekend
norbert isn't going away

if you have a place in southern baja you should be making plans to come down for repairs next week

this one looks like it will not only have great amounts of water but wind too...:O:O

Untitled.jpg - 41kB

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Bajagypsy
Super Nomad

Mood: Living the dream

[*] posted on 10-8-2008 at 05:54 AM

Our thoughts are with everyone down in baja, where this hurrican is going to land. Be safe, and hopefully there is not to much damage.

Hook
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2008 at 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by CaboRon
Quote:

Russ,
The pic you are showing on your post does not show a TS landfall, but about five hundred miles north of TS ... You need to get a clearer pic of where TS is ....
It appears it will be hitting Comondu...

CaboRon

[Edited on 10-8-2008 by CaboRon]

More like 200 miles from the predicted path, at most, as the crow flies, Ron. And hurricanes DO move as the crow flies.

Right now, tropical storm force winds (up to 73 mph) extend out 115 miles from the center and it is expected to increase in strength over at least the next 24 hours.

Most models have it slicing through Mag Bay and then on to Loreto vicinity.

Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2008 at 06:20 AM

I realized my mistake right after I posted it but was too lazy to make the correction. Figured if I said TS there would be no way it would come ashore there.
CaboRon
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Peacefull

[*] posted on 10-8-2008 at 06:24 AM

Quote:
I realized my mistake right after I posted it but was too lazy to make the correction. Figured if I said TS there would be no way it would come ashore there.

Hope you are right ....

mulege marv
Senior Nomad

Mood: relaxed

[*] posted on 10-8-2008 at 06:34 AM
not again

hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Want what you have
mulegemichael
Super Nomad

Mood: up on step

[*] posted on 10-8-2008 at 06:37 AM

Looks like we got here to mulege just in time for the fun; don't think we'll be putting any gravel down today...might even put off planting that herb garden for a week or so...housekeeper coming today; CANCELLED!....gardener pulling weeds; CANCELLED!...moving to high ground; with our tail between our legs...sheesh!

dyslexia is never having to say you\'re yrros.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 10-8-2008 at 06:45 AM

hurricaines can be unpredictable...EVERYONE from Cabo to El Rosario needs to be on guard in Baja...the models are terrific to keep us informed about the possibilities but these bad boys can veer in a few hours so we need to be ready for anything.
Maybe we wont rip the roof off Zoe's place this week!!!(maybe we wont have to!!! just kidding dear) but really...this is a nasty one and may go down in history.....again.
I fully agree, this may not be a good time to head down to baja sur for a holiday till this guy has passed.
Be safe...be prepared...and lets keep the onsight observations current. If any of you from further south wants to come up here for a few days, you are welcome to stay with us.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 10-8-2008 at 07:42 AM

well this looks bad for the BBP BAM trip and flying Sams clinic weekend at Lopez Mateos this sat.:?::!:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Cajones
Banned

[*] posted on 10-8-2008 at 07:56 AM

This is now supposed to be the worst hurricane since John. It will be pushing an 8 foot storm surge unto the Pacific side when it hits there.

...and there is another depression forming off the coast of El Salvador.
Katiejay99
Nomad

Mood: it is what it is

[*] posted on 10-8-2008 at 08:31 AM

One of the tracking models shows it stalling just west and a little north of Todos Santos - God help all of us. I live on a hill, fully exposed to the winds. Maybe I'll take the other persons offer and head north. Do you have room for 4 dogs a cat and a chicken? Just a joke - I'll ride it out and send photos and info as I can which will be up and until we lose electricity.

I'm off to the store to buy batteries and food now.... Good luck to everyone. Batten down the hatches!!
 Pages:  1    3    5  ..  18

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.