BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Loreto marina
Larry L.

[*] posted on 5-14-2004 at 06:20 PM
Loreto marina

In June I will be bringing my boat down to Loreto for some fishing. Does the marina have slips,berths or a place to tie up so as I don't have to pull my boat out every day? Any other suggestions?
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2004 at 06:56 PM
Anchor off the beach

Anchor off the beach north of the tiny harbor.

Isla Carmen provides good general protection along the beach. You can get a bit of protection from the marina break-wall. It is okay in mild weather conditions.

The harbor is small and shallow. Even if you could keep it at one of the few docks, I wouldn't. There are about a 101 kids scurrying around.

You'll need a good anchor, and chain-nylon combo rode. Chain should be the length of your boat.

You could have a panga take you to and from your boat easy enough. Just give them a couple cerveza.

If you stay at La Pinta, you can watch the boat from the hotel. If you have a dingy, you can take it right up to the beach and hotel.

[Edited on 5-15-2004 by JZ]
Sallysouth
Super Nomad

Mood: missing Baja...

[*] posted on 5-22-2004 at 10:08 AM
Puerto Escondido?

You can anchor up there but need a dingy to get back and forth. You can also park your boat in the gated lot next to the ramp overnite or so but there have been reports of vandalism so ask around first. It is also a lot closer to Carmen, Danzante and the rest of the islands from there.It will be real HOT so take lots of sunscreen and hats. Have fun and let us know how your trip went when you get back.(Fishing should be awesome then!)
Larry L.

[*] posted on 5-23-2004 at 08:33 PM

Thanks JZ and Sallysouth for the info. I will certainly consider both of your replies. Can't wait to get down there in June!
bajaloco
Nomad

Mood: wishin I was fishin

[*] posted on 5-24-2004 at 08:43 PM

Larry L. I would take the boat out daily. Sometimes the wind and the weather changes rather quickly, and it's a mad dash to get all boats off the water. You would be in the middle of a real mess if a chubasco blows up, and it does in June. I'll also be in the Loreto area the last of June- the first of July. Always good Dorado fishing....Good luck...Gary
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-24-2004 at 09:08 PM
Puerto Escondido

Is good is good protection in nearly all weather with the right ground tackle.

msawin
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-25-2004 at 08:05 PM

Larry,
You need to check on rooms for lodging before you come down..... Everything is booked solid.. no vacancy's.. look around before.... martin-o
LaTijereta
Super Nomad

smile.gif posted on 5-27-2004 at 05:59 AM
Stay in Loreto

Larry,
Your better off stying in Loreto, but check around for a place to stay before you get down. Later part of June there is the big Vagabundos Tournament for Dorado, and that can get alot ot people and boats in town. Fishing will be good this year in June:tumble: The ramp in the marina is "ok", but larger boats are going to want to lanch when the tide is in. The few slips for tying up go fast, and you can ask the Port Captain for allowing you to tie up at his office around the corner from the marina(large white building).
Get all your paperwork in order before heading down, and it will take alot of the worries (and time) to make for an easier time of it.

Kristian
Larry L.

[*] posted on 5-27-2004 at 08:29 PM

Thank you everyone for the info. on launching in Loreto. I have already reserved a place to stay, will have all papers in order and be down there around June 21 til June 30. Hope to meet some of you who have answered my questions. Will be driving an '02 Ford 250 (beige) deisel pulling a 23' seaswirl. Looking forward to the fishing,food and drink.
LaTijereta
Super Nomad

thumbup.gif posted on 5-28-2004 at 08:00 AM

The Vag tournament will run from June 21st to 24th:O There will be alot of boats lauching each morning..so get down there early and if you want to buy bait be ready to wait in line just out of the marina.
Look for our boat "La Tijereta", white/ yellow panga and stop by:spingrin:
We will running ch16 as always on the water and at the casa;D
msawin
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-28-2004 at 08:42 PM
boat name ?

Larry, do you have a name on your boat that we might be able to spot you , and maybe swing by and sat hello????

martin-o
Larry L.

[*] posted on 5-29-2004 at 04:22 PM

Martin:
My boat has no name. Look for a 23' Seaswirl 220SWL, white with gray trim, gray bimini top. Will arrive on 6-21 and probably fish on 6-22. I can use your advice on where to fish as I have never been to Loreto before. Hope to see you and LaTijereta with the white/yellow panga. Maybe between the both of you I can hook up some dorado and marlin!
msawin
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-29-2004 at 09:37 PM
best tip....

Larry,
My best tip would be to book a fishing trip with a guide, aka Baja big fish, Pam Boles and Fransico at first just to get an idea of what is going on....It would be the best investment you could make to have a more productive trip........... AND FUN ..

I have a friend coming with us that has bought a newer boat that is Loreto allready, we will be south a little bit, at Peutro Esconido... We will be going both ways.... Should be in the Dorado and some good sized Squid.. You need some sqiud jigs, you can buy them in town , and some #5/0 cirlce hooks.. @25 - 35 pound test on your rods..

try to catch you in a couple of weeks.. martin-o

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.