BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Evictions coming btwn Santispac and Posada?
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-14-2008 at 03:42 PM

Cypress,

You are absolutely right. In fact a lot of the time the free version is superior to the one that costs.

Ken
CaboRon
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Peacefull

[*] posted on 10-14-2008 at 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cypress
You need a lawyer to determine whether or not your lease/title is valid? After years and years of payments/taxes etc. Is there something wrong with that picture.:o

There is something VERY wrong with this picture ....

If you can own the property , why do you need a bank trust to hold it for you :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

CaboRon

Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 10-14-2008 at 06:54 PM

Posada Concepcion is on leased land, as I understand it. That's where Manzana lives. The hill is apparently fidecomiso, not where he/she lives. That explains the misconception.

Looks like we've exported our lawyer mentality to Mexico, too..........:rolleyes:

Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-14-2008 at 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ZThomas
Rumor is that Ejido Bonfil has gotten a court to issue an eviction order for residents of the hill between Santispac and Posada. Anybody have any reliable information to add? Grounds for the order (assuming it exists)? Timeline? Implications? Recourse? Pertinent history?

Zack, did the original escritura come from Ejido Alfredo Bonfil. Did they originally own the land before the fideos were issued to the current owners.
There seems to be some real confusion between leaseholders and holders of fideos.

Also posted, but relating to leases:
CasaChristie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

posted on 10-14-2008 at 05:31 PM

Edictos (Public Notices)

Does anyone know how I might track public notices (edictos) in the La Paz or Mulege Newspapers or other sources? I have been online with Sudcaliforniano and I cannot find a thread that takes me to that information.

I am curious because the Edjido in our area is attempting to illegally take property of those who leave in the summer claiming they have abandon their properties. In order to proceed with legal action they must provide public notice to those they want evicted. They must do this three times. The edicto is a proclamation and must be responded to within a certain timeframe so it is important to be vigilant and monitor these notices. So far they have been using the La Paz and Mulege papers.

Our property in Posada Concepcion is under this attack by the Ejido as are several other beach communities in Bahia de Concepcion. We have identified, through a friend, that at least one edicto was published in Sept. in La Paz. Fortunately it was found and responded to, but they can continue this practice. They tried it last year also. Apparently there is an old Mexican law that allows them to take abandon property.

Any assistance anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Miramontes

[*] posted on 10-15-2008 at 04:02 PM

Does anyone have information on Mexican citizenship? If a Mexican born citizen becomes an American Citizen (20+ years ago) do they lose thier Mexican citizenship? Does anyone know where to go to find out this information.
CasaManzana
Nomad

Mood: Naykid

[*] posted on 10-15-2008 at 08:35 PM
Hoping to satify the post of tripledigitken -

The casas between Santispac and Posada are all "Fido'ed" and Posada is leased on a yearly basis....no Fido's here

Things are expensive, but at least we get a free trip around the sun once a year
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 10-15-2008 at 08:53 PM
Miramontes

Check this link:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/el-paso/349360-have-any-you-u...

Or this one:

http://www.laprensa-sandiego.org/archieve/march28-03/dual2.h...

Sounds pretty easy, but I think your first step would be to contact/visit the nearest Mexican Consulate

[Edited on 10-16-2008 by bajaguy]

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 10-16-2008 at 07:47 AM

Bob and i were talking, emailing about a property for sale or rent a few weeks ago and he said it came with a Fido.

i actually thought he meant there was a dog! i figured it was a guard dog.:lol::lol:
and i'd have to take care of it for the owner or something.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-16-2008 at 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by CasaManzana
The casas between Santispac and Posada are all "Fido'ed" and Posada is leased on a yearly basis....no Fido's here

CasaManzana,

Thank you for clarifying that. I wish you good luck with your negotiations on your lease. I will be very interested along with alot of others as to what happens regarding those owners on the "hill" with fidecomiso's.

Ken
losfrailes
Senior Nomad

Mood: Good!

[*] posted on 10-29-2008 at 03:17 PM

Anything further on the actions on the Ejido Bonfil regarding these properties on or near Santispac and Posada Conception?
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 10-29-2008 at 04:19 PM

The lawyers will keep on milking 'em, till they're dry, then they'll be evicted. They don't live there year 'round, just seasonal camps.
losfrailes
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-29-2008 at 04:21 PM

What about the people who 'own' their homes in that area. Surely they are not seasonal campers.
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 10-29-2008 at 04:54 PM

losfrailes, They only spend 3 or 4 months during the winter. That's seasonal. The lawyers will argue their status. Campers or residents? Guess it's gonna all boil down to legal fees and much the annual lease is adjusted. If the electricity is cut off?:?:
roundtuit
Senior Nomad

Mood: Wife's Job

[*] posted on 10-29-2008 at 05:44 PM

They as who ?? Most spend more time then that . I spend 6 to 7 months and have a FM3, pay taxes and love Baja. If you don't know don't surmise what's happening.....

Never learned from a book-Only from mistakes, mine and yours
losfrailes
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-29-2008 at 06:37 PM

And I have friends there who live there year round.

You apparently do not live there, just a guess.

And there are about a dozen homes in the area that are owned, a couple with outright titles, others with fidecomisos held by local banks.

[Edited on 10-30-2008 by losfrailes]
roundtuit
Senior Nomad

Mood: Wife's Job

[*] posted on 10-29-2008 at 08:10 PM

I do live here and do know what I talk about..Your friends must be my friends So we must be friends. Buy you a marg at Ana's Halloween nite if you live in the area

Never learned from a book-Only from mistakes, mine and yours
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.