Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Introduction
tocaya

[*] posted on 5-18-2004 at 07:55 PM
Introduction

I'm not sure what the etiquette here on this board is, but thought it only polite to introduce myself. I've been living in Mexico for most of my adult life, in the states of Quintana Roo, Sinaloa, Hidalgo and now in BCS. I've been here in CSL for about 6 years. I like fishing, diving, history and Mexican culture and society. I'm looking forward to some interesting discussions here. Oh and cooking..like that too.
Mexray
Super Nomad

Mood: Baja Time

[*] posted on 5-18-2004 at 08:32 PM

Welcome...there's lots of Baja California info presented here, as you've probably seen by looking around.

Some posting here also live below the border, as you do. The rest of us have to spend time above the border to gather a few $'s so we can 'invade' Baja from time-to-time and experience it's many wonders!

My family enjoys trips to/from the Mulege area, and spend most of our time on a small beach near the upper reaches of Bahia de los Concepci?n (Playa los Naranjos).

It's a long haul for us from Northern Calif, but each trip is a new and different experience - we try to stop at different places each time, and always meet new Baja Amigos - a big part of our travel experience!

What kind of Internet connection do you use there in CSL? How does your current experience compare with living over on 'mainland' Mexico?

We've always enjoyed Mazatlan - been 5 or 6 times over the years; PV; Guaymas also. We tend to enjoy the smaller, less populated places of Baja, these days...we can always get our 'population fix' back here at home, with all the traffic, taxes, and turmoil!

As our friend David K, is want to say...Viva Baja (and he has bumper stickers to prove it)...enjoy.

According to my clock...anytime is \'BAJA TIME\' & as Jimmy Buffett says,
\"It doesn\'t use numbers or moving hands It always just says now...\"
Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-18-2004 at 08:42 PM
Welcome to you

The more diversity the better and the broader the experiences the more we can share. My wife and I are preparing for retirement, part of which will be spent in Bahia de Los Angeles. Write on!
tocaya

[*] posted on 5-18-2004 at 08:47 PM

We use Prodigy Infinitum (DSL) .

I really like Baja because I enjoy being around people from all over, our friends here are from many different Mexican states, the US, Canada, Japan and Europe. Compared to the mainland, I find BCSers more friendly and more willing to help.

Even though I live here in "Sin City" I can get out to a place where there are no people in less than an hour and I really like that!
RandyMacSC/SO
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 5-18-2004 at 08:53 PM
Welcome and Cheers from a Canadian

there's lots of very nice people on BajaNomad. I joined in February and I have learned more about the Baja in the past few months than any reference book could offer. And it gets lively here on this community of Baja frequenting Nomads.

What part of Quintana Roo did you live?

I lived below Playa Del Carmen QR in the Paamul RV camp in 2000 and 2001. Beautiful country in the Yucatan peninsula. Decided to try out the other side of Mexico in 2002 for closer proximity to BC. Canada

Take care and welcome again.

RandyMac :biggrin:

==============================================
Ole' Irish saying (Gaelic): 'Go neirigh an bothar leat, go mbeidh an gaoth choiche sa droim agat, is go mbeidh tu thuas ar neamh leath-uair roimh is eol don diabhal go bhuil tu marbh'.... OR 'May the road rise up to meet you, May the wind always be at your back, and May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead'

tocaya

[*] posted on 5-18-2004 at 09:01 PM

Total newbie!! I made a post and somehow disappeared it.

I don't know as much as you guys about travelling around Baja but I am a whiz at living in Mexico. I'm looking forward to contributing.

academicanarchist
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-18-2004 at 09:11 PM
Welcome

I hope you enjoy and benefit from visiting this forum.
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 5-18-2004 at 09:34 PM

Tocaya,

Welcome is always a breath of fresh air. You sound like you will be teaching as well as learning on our Nomad Board. I've only been kicking around the mainland and in the paradise of Baja for about 40 years and thank God I still have a ton to learn.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
tocaya

wink.gif posted on 5-18-2004 at 10:16 PM

baja bernie..you sound about as old as me!

:bounce:
Hey, how do you make these smileys work?
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-18-2004 at 10:43 PM

Hola tocaya and welcome aboard!

By introducing yourself you are definetly welcomed here on Nomad... the home of the Baja Amigos. I hope others reading this forum will follow your lead. There are a couple dozen of us who post almost daily and a couple hundred who post bi-weekly, and perhaps a thousand who just read Nomad. The more Baja enthusiasts who contribute articles here, the richer and friendlier we all become!

Any time you are up to it, please tell us your whole story about living at the tip of the world's most interesting peninsula!

David K

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Junior Nomad

Mood: Rings

[*] posted on 5-18-2004 at 10:50 PM

Hey, how do you make these smileys work?

You have to tickle them.:biggrin:
Stephanie Jackter
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-19-2004 at 12:18 AM
Bienvenidos, Tocaya.

I imagine you speak decent spanish, having lived all over Mexico. If you think the people in Cabo are friendly, check out La Paz! The beaches aren't as nice, but tons of friendly people and a Malecon that can't be beat on Sunday afternoons! - Stephanie

When the goin' gets tough, the wierd turn pro
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 5-19-2004 at 07:44 AM

Tocaya,

I guess so because I can't get the darn things smile either.
What's in the name?

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
GeoRock
Nomad

Mood: Always have one

[*] posted on 5-19-2004 at 08:47 AM

Just want to welcome you, Tocaya. Hope you enjoy reading the posts and posting as well. One thing you may especially enjoy about this board is that there are get-togethers. Folks from the board will all head to the same place at the same time. I've made a lot of great friends because of this board, and the old amigos board.
Welcome.

http://reinventmyself.isagenix.com
For rapid weight loss; building of lean muscle for athletes; and overall improved health through nutritional cleansing.
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-19-2004 at 08:58 AM

Tocaya - you will really enjoy the postings from this message board. Sometimes it gets very lively, but for the most part you will benefit from all of the great folks who communicate here. Welcome aboard.
Bob H :yes: <~~~ tickled yes
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-19-2004 at 09:12 AM
Imagine that? Manners.......

Welcome!
FrankO
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-19-2004 at 09:58 AM

I love the Yucatan. When my rugrats are a little older I want to drive down there and stay for a month and 1/2 or so. Looks like you get to live in two different types of heavens.

[Edited on 5-19-2004 by FrankO]
bajalera
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-19-2004 at 10:00 AM

Hi there, Tocaya! Your knowledge and experience will add an interesting new perspective to the Nomad board, which doesn't seem to get much input from Los Cabos.

bajalera
rogerj1
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-19-2004 at 10:15 AM
Bienvenidos

My short story is, I recently returned from a trip to CSL and renewed my love affair with Mexico. Our children are still young making it tricky to spend as much time down South as I'd like to. Thanks to all the great and knowledgable people on this board, I've been able to feel connected to Baja even though I live on Puget Sound in Washington state many miles away. I envy the Californian's who can pop down to Baja so easily. Where in Cabo do you live?
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-19-2004 at 01:34 PM

"I live on Puget Sound in Washington state many miles away. I envy the Californian's who can pop down to Baja so easily".

Me too neighbor!
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.