Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4    6  ..  12
Author: Subject: Baja Nomad Dia de Reyes Toy Drive 2009
John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2008 at 12:21 PM
In the mail

Barbara and I put a package in the mail to the address provided. Every little bit helps.

Thanks for taking this on!

John M
fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 12-17-2008 at 09:00 PM

John M: We received your package on Monday, thank you very much, we will be purchasing baseball bats and balls to go with the balls you sent and the knit gloves will be very welcome by the children as it seems that it will be a cold winter.

A well informed Baja California traveler is a smart Baja California traveler!
BajaNuts
Super Nomad

Mood: no worry, no hurry....it's all good!

[*] posted on 12-17-2008 at 09:44 PM

What would you prefer from a long-distance nomad?

I can put together a package or paypal..............what would do the most for the little ones?

I am more than happy to send a package for up to 20.
fdt
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2008 at 10:29 PM

We most definately prefer toys . If you can put together a package, great. Up to now the toys we have are for the smaller kids so if it's possible for you to get toys for the 9-12 year olds it would be great.

BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2008 at 12:45 AM

Ferna I will be making a bike delivery this saturday to your house,and don't worry I have a fealing everything is going to work out.

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
duke62
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2008 at 12:56 AM

I want to contribute... No I need to... All Nomads do. I just need my wife to leave the room so she won't see me spending more money....

Ahem. Yes? Where were we?

Ah, yes.

p.s. Just got back in town, and, as I am still a newbie on this board, please don't reply with too much venom if I repeat things already said on this thread.

fdt, what is the drop dead date for delivering toys to the South Bay drop off address? Also, based on past experience, are there types of toys wanted/needed most?

Also, U2U me if you need help bringing things down. I live in East County, San Diego. It is about time some of us trolls crawled out from under the (internet) bridge and viewed the world.

Felizidades FDT, y muchas gracias. You put the X in X-Mas.

El Duque
fdt
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2008 at 09:56 AM

Our urgency in needing to receive toys as early as possible is that we still need to slowly bring them to México (smugle them across ;D )

The good people at Jackson Hewitt are open monday - friday 8-5 and saturday 10-2. Saturday January 03 would be the last day to drop off toys but we would really need to be sure you will be there if you plan on doing it the very last day as we would go up to Chula Vista and wait for you. If this is the case, that you wait till the last day, we would also request that you do it as early as posible, since Simone is in charge of sorting, assigning and wrapping the toys and we would need to know who is getting what.
We would greatly appreciate you dont wait till the end but if you really want to see me sweat, bite off what little is left of my fingernails and not sleep, go ahead wait till the 3rd:rolleyes:

Important:
Do not deliver toys to the other locations from Jan 02 on because we will not be able to get them on time. If you can, use only the 1655 Broadway, suite 10, Chula Vista location.

Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 12-18-2008 at 10:52 AM

Fernando...
I hope you and Simone have some help in doing all this. It is an extreme amount of effort on the two of you. I know that more than likely many members are waiting until the after Christmas sales, but that is cutting it a bit too close.
If we don't get snowed under, again I'll try to come down to help you and Simone, (right now we have almost 4' of snow in our yard, I'll post some photos later on another thread), and all of our roads are closed to uphill traffic.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

fdt
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2008 at 12:16 PM

Thanks Udo, Fernando jr, Danielle and Sofia get to help to.
Waiting to get the after christmas sales is ok, as a matter of fact we encourage people take advantage of those sales. Waiting till January 3rd is what makes the nerves open up to the tequila appetite :lol:

BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2008 at 01:56 PM

Ferna this is the firts batch of bikes coming your way for the event, I will see you Saturday morning to deliver them to you..

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
fdt
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2008 at 03:08 PM

Thanks BAJACAT.

"Operacion Hormiga"

fdt
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2008 at 09:26 PM

Something that would always be appreciated would be soccer balls #4 and #5, basketballs and volley balls, also inflating pumps and needles.

Bajafun777
Super Nomad

Mood: Enjoying Life with Wife In Mexico, Easy on The Easy

[*] posted on 12-19-2008 at 03:20 AM

Fernando, I checked with my son to see if he had delivered the toys yet and he said he did go by but the place was closed and he said open only on certain days in Chula Vista. He will go by tomorrow again as he said that this is one of the days they have listed to be open. He said maybe some kind of mixup on days open is causing some people not being able to deliver. I had told him the two addresses listed on the forum on 3rd in Chula Vista. Hope they are open tomorrow so he can get them off to where they need to go. He lives in Otay Lakes, so it is not too far from him. Later========== bajafun777

fdt
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2008 at 02:18 PM

Thanks bajafun, I just found out that he other locations are only open once a week, the only one open daily is the 1655 Broadway, suite 10 Chula Vista CA 91911.
If anyone took toys to the other locations and found that they were closed, please reconsider and send them to the Chula Vista Jackson Hewitt.
Thank you and sorry for the confusion, I have edited the post with all the other locations.

BajaNuts
Super Nomad

Mood: no worry, no hurry....it's all good!

[*] posted on 12-19-2008 at 07:59 PM

well, sorry, fdt,
after about 4 hours over the last 2 days looking for soccer balls and lip gloss, and trying to purchase the same,and ship it to a different address, and trying to find a website that is actually running........ without paying $20 shipping for a $20 order.............I give up! I've NEVER had this much trouble trying to spend money!

Paypal to the rescue~~~

I've made a deposit, use it for whatever you need. If I can get over to the DollarStore, I'll try to pick up some pretty things for girls. Will let you know in the next day or 2.

[Edited on 12-20-2008 by BajaNuts]
fdt
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-20-2008 at 07:54 AM

Gracias.

fdt
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-20-2008 at 10:58 AM

Thanks to everyone that has delivered toys, it's looking better now. We are still short so keep it up, we need to provide to all these kids and the ones that tag along with them.
Gracias
Fernando y familia

Oso
Ultra Nomad

Mood: wait and see

[*] posted on 12-20-2008 at 11:34 AM

Ferna,
One dozen multicolored #5 soccer balls on the way. Complicated process but waded through it. They were only sold online but Wally World's "site to store" free shipping wasn't available on that item so never mind going there to pick them up. Instead I got them shipped to the Jackson Hewitt on Broadway under the name "Toydrive Jacksonhewitt" They say they will be delivered 12/24.

All my childhood I wanted to be older. Now I\'m older and this chitn sucks.
fdt
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-20-2008 at 03:13 PM

Great Oso, thanks a lot. Soccer balls, basket balls and volley bals are a great toy / gift for kids and they can use them for school and after school.

BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 12-20-2008 at 04:02 PM

Fernando - please keep everyone advised of which age groups (and, if applicable, which genders) still need the most attention for gifts.

Everyone - I'm asking that you keep the needs Fernando notes for this event in mind as we get to the day AFTER Christmas this week, and looking for items that are 'on sale' (more so than currently) after x-mas day that will enable your $$$ to go much further in helping support this event. As FDT indicated, please act on this as soon as possible - as he still needs time to get these items from Chula Vista across the border.

I appreciate your consideration of the children this event benefits. With your support of this event, even a little bit goes a long way, and I appreciate your participation.

Regards,
--
Doug Means

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
 Pages:  1  2    4    6  ..  12

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.