Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  5
Author: Subject: Fund for the family of Elsa Aguilar Gerardo "La Mijita"
schwlind
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2008 at 10:17 AM

Antonio,

Just made our contribution to the Elsa fund through paypal.

God bless you for taking the lead in helping this family through the most difficult of times.

Linda and Jerry
bajaandy
Senior Nomad

Mood: Adventurous

[*] posted on 11-24-2008 at 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jdtrotter
Help?

When I go to www.bajacactus.com it shows the site underconstruction---can't get into the info section????

Thanks
Diane

Diane,

What you need to do is go to PayPal.com. (If you haven't used it before, you'll need to set up a paypal account. It's easy, and you can use a credit card to make the payment... or bank account, etc.)

At the paypal.com site you'll need to click on the "Send Money" tab. That tab will have a place to enter the address that Antonio gave. (info"at"bajacactus) Put in the dollar amount you want to send, pick cash advance and then follow the steps to finish the transaction.

Hope this helps.

Andy

subvert the dominant paradigm

"If you travel with a man, you must either fall out with him or make him your good friend."
JBL Noel
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 11-24-2008 at 11:31 AM

Gracias Antonio por hacer esto...

Jack Swords
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2008 at 11:54 AM

Antonio...we will be driving down next week through El Rosario. Can we drop off a contribution to the family at BajaCactus?
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2008 at 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaandy
Quote:
Originally posted by jdtrotter
Help?

When I go to www.bajacactus.com it shows the site underconstruction---can't get into the info section????

Thanks
Diane

Diane,

What you need to do is go to PayPal.com. (If you haven't used it before, you'll need to set up a paypal account. It's easy, and you can use a credit card to make the payment... or bank account, etc.)

At the paypal.com site you'll need to click on the "Send Money" tab. That tab will have a place to enter the address that Antonio gave. (info"at"bajacactus) Put in the dollar amount you want to send, pick cash advance and then follow the steps to finish the transaction.

Hope this helps.

Andy

Thanks Andy. I do have an account, or at least I think I still do. :tumble:

I will try it.

Diane

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2008 at 01:38 PM

Done----

Thanks for the help Andy.

Diane

BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2008 at 01:54 PM

Having a PayPal account is a great way to move money to friends and family when out of the country as well as make purchases online where you don't want to give a credit card. More and more places accept PayPal everyday.

Helping Elsa's family is a great excuse to go ahead and sign up for an account today if you don't already have one. They use an encryption process more secure than the government currently uses and have great fraud protection resources. Check it out and let's all join in helping these folks out in this devastating time they are going through right now...

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2008 at 02:12 PM

Thank you for taking matters in your own hands, Woodie, and to make this happen. I've never personally stopped at their restaurant but will make a point of it and see if there's anything else we can do in addition to the money sent.

Were the criminals every aprehended?
Santiago
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2008 at 02:32 PM

I think we need to think of Antonio's time here. It will be so much easier to account for and then give the $ to the right people at the right time if we all use PayPal. I suspect he is asking that not just for our convenience. My 2 cents.
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

sad.gif posted on 11-24-2008 at 02:36 PM

Has anyone heard of a theory as to why these people were attacked?

Ken
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2008 at 02:46 PM

I was in El Rosario a few days ago and the word on the street is that the targets were rival narcos who just happened to be eating at La Mijita. As the border is getting clamped down they are looking to control some remote routes/landing areas in the hills southeast of El Rosario, based on several conversations I had with locals and a few who are politically connected.

Elsa was an unfortunate an innocent bystander...

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 11-24-2008 at 06:17 PM

Let's hope the family can make some sense of this terrible tragedy...

We love you :saint:Mijita:saint:, por siempre!!!

BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 11-24-2008 at 08:11 PM

Thank you Antonio for taking the direct lead in regards to directing funds in support of Elsa's family.

For anyone (lurkers?) seeking my "official" endorsement in having this go through Antonio and BajaCactus - this is it: Please send donations for Elsa's family - directly through the web site PayPal.com - to the email address: info(at)bajacatus.com

http://www.paypal.com

My family's thoughts and prayers at this time are with Elsa's family as well as the entire town of El Rosario.

Regards,
--
Doug Means

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
BajaCactus
Senior Nomad

Mood: Helpful

[*] posted on 11-24-2008 at 10:57 PM
Thank you all...

I would like to thank each and everyone of you for helping Elsa's family... I am really proud to be part of this community... there is still hope for this world!!!.

Also a huge thank to Doug for allowing all of us to help each other through this site.

Regarding donations being left at BajaCactus no problem... just please put your donations inside an envelope along with a message indicating is for Elsa's fund... outside the envelope please address it to me (Antonio Munoz)... that way it will be given to me personally. I will add it to the total fund. I will instruct my staff to have some envelopes at hand.

You can leave them either at the Motel front desk or the Administrative offices (second floor of the Gas Station).

On the other hand... in this matter, I will absorb all the commissions being charged by PayPal, that way Elsa's family will receive the whole sum you all are donating with so much sentiment and love.

If there is anything else you believe I can do, please let me know.

God Bless you all,

Antonio Munoz
BajaCactus
"Where the Baja is so much more than a dream..."

BajaCactus
"Where Baja is so much more than a dream..."
BajaNuts
Super Nomad

Mood: no worry, no hurry....it's all good!

[*] posted on 11-24-2008 at 11:37 PM

Just did mine at paypal...
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 11-25-2008 at 06:51 AM

Just an idea. It would be best to give the donations to the family all at one time instead of a lot now, a little next week and so on...

How about we close the window on donations through Baja Nomad/Baja Cactus via Paypal one week from this Friday, Dec 5th?

After that date maybe just stopping by the taco stand and offering some kind words and buying lunch would be the best way to help the family down the line, if they decide to keep running it.

Thanks for everything!

BajaNuts
Super Nomad

Mood: no worry, no hurry....it's all good!

[*] posted on 11-25-2008 at 09:08 PM

I'd appreciate knowing what the total will be. Also, let's keep bumping this thread to keep it at the top of the daily posts.
jodiego
Nomad

Mood: ever hopeful

[*] posted on 11-26-2008 at 07:30 AM

Just made my donation. Thanks to all for making this happen. Another reason I frequent this board.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 11-26-2008 at 10:50 AM

Just stopped in to Baja Cactus yesterday to make a donation and suggested they put a nice donation box on the desk as well. This family will need as much help as they can get to get back on their feet and every little bit helps whether it trickles in or comes in a large sum. I too am proud to be part of this caring nomad community.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-26-2008 at 02:16 PM

Bump

Pages:  1  2    4  5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.