BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Where did my posts go????
Stephanie Jackter
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-23-2004 at 02:12 AM
Where did my posts go????

I could have sworn I was well on my way to becoming a Super dooper felooper Nomad in about a hundred posts or so. If I'm not mistaken, I was up around 860 or so. I just looked as I posted a message, and now I seem to have deflated to only 608. It is my life's goal to become a super dooper felooper Nomad. Que paso con mis numeros!!!

On the serious side, I do like the idea that everything I write here gets archived and I can refer back to it, and it seems like a lot of posts are now missing. Any idea how that could have happened? -Stephanie

When the goin' gets tough, the wierd turn pro
The Gull
Super Nomad

Mood: High

[*] posted on 5-23-2004 at 08:49 AM
Deflation

�I won\'t insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said.� William F. Buckley, Jr.
FrankO
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-23-2004 at 10:05 AM

I think it's based on relevance. I am asking for an audit on my postings since the # should probably read in the single digits.:light:
Stephanie Jackter
Senior Nomad

lol.gif posted on 5-23-2004 at 12:20 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

Packoderm
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-23-2004 at 12:30 PM

Is it possible that many of your posts disappeared when other people's threads were deleted and your contributing replies were deleted along with them? I'm sure that I have lost several posts when Skeet was deleting so many of his own threads. Also, the Off-Topic forum is temporarily archived - all threads automatically get deleted after awhile. If it is really that important to you, maybe you can save all of your posts onto floppy disk, and you can repost them as they are deleted. I saw Mike H. do that when he was fighting with JR. Mike deleted his own thread after JR tried to minimize Mike's condescending assertion by replying with a picture of a huge eyeball; Mike deleted the whole thread and reposted his original thread-starting post. (Pretty smart really.)

What it all seems to come down to is if you want to be the super-duperest, you gotta stay away from the Off-Top.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-23-2004 at 03:06 PM

I really felt bad for AA because he almost caught up with me in # of posts...!

The Off Topic forum got a major trim job, whereas the Baja forums did not (have not yet) been trimmed.

Every Nomad who posts on the Off Topic forum lost points. The key here is to remember this is a Baja California discussion site and the more Baja you discuss, the higher will be your score.

The Off Topic forum was designed to keep the Baja boards free of the kind of stuff that messed up Amigos and got edited off Fred's, and probably would never be seen on Baja.net, Baja.com, or BajaForums.com.

It's hard to restrain one's political urges, but remember, BAJA is why we are at the web site. When we have our group campouts, politics are not primary discussion items. That's because in the overall picture, they just aren't important (there).

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Packoderm
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-23-2004 at 03:15 PM

David K is right, so I wouldn't count my chickens too early and get that Bajanomad Super-poster tattoo just yet.
Stephanie Jackter
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-23-2004 at 08:11 PM
I truthfully don't give a hoot about POINTS,

(although it's pretty obvious you do, David), but I sure would have appreciated a little bit of advanced notice before a year or so of my posts flew into the ether. Life goes on. Guess I'll archive what's left, or maybe just forget the whole thing......

Maybe you don't think that what I have to say is as important as what you have to say, David, but we'll just let that be your opinion.

This site could serve as not only a place of interest having to do with Baja, but a time capsule of what Americans were thinking about the world around them. But I don't guess that's a view shared by administration at this point. Bummer.

But anyway, I sure would appreciate the courtesy of advanced notice before the next major culling takes place, for whatever that's worth.- Stephanie

FrankO
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-23-2004 at 08:22 PM

I tend to think (and hope) that anything I post on the 'net is pretty much just air..... that's just fine w/me.
Stephanie Jackter
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-23-2004 at 08:27 PM
So, is all of it totally gone, Doug?

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-23-2004 at 09:00 PM
Hahahahahaha

Thanks for reminding me . Ya mean this one?:lol:
Stephanie Jackter
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-23-2004 at 09:07 PM
Maybe if you weren't taking up so much bandwidth with garbage, JR......

Mexray
Super Nomad

Mood: Baja Time

[*] posted on 5-23-2004 at 10:17 PM

Gee Whizz...and all this time I thought 'Baja Nomad' was a such a fun place to exchange thoughts about Baja California...I never thought it was a place to 'archive' poster's brilliant endeavors!

Any discussion board I've ever visited, are usually maintained at the whim of the Board's originator - it's his 'football', and I accept this. If I find a particular post, thread or contribution I find worth keeping - I save it myself. I don't expect the moderator/originator to do my 'saving' for me!

I guess you can tell I'm really chocked up about losing all those 'Off-Topic' threads...mine included!

According to my clock...anytime is \'BAJA TIME\' & as Jimmy Buffett says,
\"It doesn\'t use numbers or moving hands It always just says now...\"
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 5-23-2004 at 10:28 PM

Right you are Mexray!
The good of this web site must come ahead of any political stuff.

Steph, try not to wonder what I think (points), as you are wrong. Your story about being attacked by the mama sealion was the best thing you ever wrote as it was about a real life experience, and in Baja... I.M.O., NOTHING on the off topic board is worth saving (not even my attempts to balance the left with some logic or truth)! Peace!

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-23-2004 at 10:39 PM
Touche David

As wrong about things as you are, you still crack me up.:lol:
And this is true, this is a "Baja"message board. Steph., if you look back through your posts there are very few that are Baja related rather than some ridiculous political agenda babble.
Can't you find a home for that guano rather than here. There's only about 3 or 4 of you who want to play that game. There must be a board that deals with your interests.:light:

[Edited on 02/15/04 by jrbaja]
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 5-23-2004 at 10:43 PM
Dittos JR

So since we are both wrong, lets go Dutch next time for pastrami! :lol:

BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 5-23-2004 at 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Stephanie Jackter
I sure would have appreciated a little bit of advanced notice before a year or so of my posts flew into the ether. Life goes on. Guess I'll archive what's left, or maybe just forget the whole thing......
:o

Damn.

My apologies Stephanie. If I had given it more consideration, I certainly would've realized your desire to save some of it (duh!).

It had just been a while since I had pruned that forum - which I've done a few times before - and I went ahead and did it again. That's been the whole idea along, and the reason the description for the forum says they're "time-limited" discussions.

If you still want to try and capture some/much of it, follow this link, and then use the "Cached" option for each:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=%22stephan...

Hope this helps, even if it's only slightly.

Quote:
I sure would appreciate the courtesy of advanced notice before the next major culling takes place, for whatever that's worth.
Certainly.

Regards,
--
Doug

[Edited on 5-24-2004 by BajaNomad]

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
Margie
Banned

[*] posted on 5-24-2004 at 12:22 AM

Are prizes handed out for the most postings, or say like, every 100 posts or so you get a little prize?

I would probably get the booby prize.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-24-2004 at 03:31 AM
"Skeets many Posts"

Hey Pack:
I only deleted 2 of my Posts! not many!

And do you know that I have been Banned by this board as well as Baja.net?

I violated the "Rules of Posting" and accepted the "Ban' as the right of the owner!

Comon you Yougins,someday you have to learn to accept,Your acts and take responsibility for those Acts.!!

Skeet/Loreto
Skeeter Peter
Anon the Preacher

and a few other names given to me by the Posters on this Board.

"In God I Trust"
The Gull
Super Nomad

Mood: High

[*] posted on 5-24-2004 at 05:23 AM
Jack/Mar

You are currently posting at a rate of over 10 posts per day.

That is a factor of nine times the person with the greatest number of posts. :(:(:(

�I won\'t insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said.� William F. Buckley, Jr.
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.