BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Jardines - South San Quintin
awfulart
Nomad

Mood: Wondering what our Nit-Wit elected officials are doing now?

[*] posted on 12-13-2008 at 05:44 PM
Jardines - South San Quintin

I understand there is a new RV park near San Quintin at Jardines. Not familiar with the area as we normally don't stop in S.Q. However we are considering stopping on the way to Asuncion with our T.T.

Has anyone camped there and does anyone know the approximate KM marker. We are self contained so not concerned about hookups although a dump station would be helpful.
:?:
Art & Alice

Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 12-13-2008 at 06:22 PM

if you go south its the turnoff just past the old mill turn off

you drive thru town

its about 1/2 mile off the hwy 1

on the west side of the street

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-13-2008 at 06:31 PM

do a board search on Jardines. Lots of info.
awfulart
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-14-2008 at 06:43 AM

Bob, Susan and rts, Thank you, I have it pinpointed. I believe the name of the RV Park is Los Olivas and is near Jardines.

Art & Alice
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-14-2008 at 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by awfulart
Bob, Susan and rts, Thank you, I have it pinpointed. I believe the name of the RV Park is Los Olivas and is near Jardines.

Art & Alice

It is on the same road as Jardines and looks nice. Here is the link to Jardines

It inludes a map and you can't miss the park--

Diane

awfulart
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-14-2008 at 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jdtrotter
Quote:
Originally posted by awfulart

Art & Alice

t is on the same road as Jardines and looks nice. Here is the link to Jardines

It inludes a map and you can't miss the park--

Diane
Thank you Diane. See you in Asuncion around the 30th if all goes well

Art
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-14-2008 at 09:49 PM

Me too Art; see you in Asuncion "if all goes well".
Stop and say hi at our casa-on-wheels.
awfulart
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-14-2008 at 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diver
Me too Art; see you in Asuncion "if all goes well".
Stop and say hi at our casa-on-wheels.

We will look forward to it!:tumble:
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 12-15-2008 at 06:49 AM

awfulart...

I just stayed there in my motorhome a few weeks ago. Pretty nice.

I do have a complaint, though. The meal I had at Jardines was way too big and I had no room left for the scrumpuous-looking dessert.

( I had it for breakfast the next morning!)

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2008 at 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pompano
awfulart...

I just stayed there in my motorhome a few weeks ago. Pretty nice.

I do have a complaint, though. The meal I had at Jardines was way too big and I had no room left for the scrumpuous-looking dessert.

( I had it for breakfast the next morning!)

The restaurant is closed on Mondays so if you want to save your self from over eating a really good meal, be there on a Monday.

Lorenzo
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-4-2009 at 11:37 AM
Camping at Los Olivos

I've never camped there since I live in San Quintin, but Los Olivos does have full hook-ups. The owners are real nice. Their number is 616-165-6123 if you need more info. And, Jardines is the best! Check out our Campo de Lorenzo on the Bay of San Quintin for yearly space rentals - no day camping. I hope the link to our website below works. Just joined.

http://campolorenzo.com
Keri
Super Nomad

Mood: muy contento

[*] posted on 1-4-2009 at 12:05 PM
Welcome to Nomads Lorenzo

Your Skypark looks great. We have a place at Cielito Lindo. We will stop by and say hi sometime when we are there. you have joined a great group of people. Enjoy and again Welcome,k

http://www.pyramidresort.com
011521-646-119-9445
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 1-4-2009 at 12:17 PM

Welcome Lorenzo, I was just by your place yesterday. Will stop by and and hi say next time.

By the way, are planes able to land right now? I noticed the strip looked a little rough???

[Edited on 1-4-2009 by BajaGringo]

Lorenzo
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-4-2009 at 04:49 PM

Baja Gringo and Keri,
Thanks for the welcome. There is a little water around the runup pad on Runway 28, but the rest of the runway is fine. Hard-packed clay. We just had a Cessna 172 and a Cirus here. No problems for either one. And, just for info - anyone can land on the strip. It's a private airstrip, but open to everyone. No landing fees, unless you stay at Don Eddie's Landing. In that case, we charge $25 a day parking fee. If you stay anywhere else, no charge, and we'll make arrangements for transportation. We have an electronic gate at our main entrance, so call us on our Skype Phone at 909-581-4140 or our Mexican landline at 616-165-6022, and we'll make arrangements to have the gate open for you. Thanks again for the welcome!
TonyC
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-5-2009 at 06:24 AM
Copied this from Marita's post on BD. Hope it helps.

Camping in San Quintin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are driving through Baja in an RV and are looking for a nice place to spend the night I am suggesting that you stay at LOS OLIVOS FAMILY PARK in San Quintin. There are full hook ups for over night stays. Hot showers are in the works, meaning they are working on them and are almost done. The place is very very nice and well taken care of and closed in and very secure. It is on the road that Jardines hotel and restaurant is close to the highway so you dont have to drive miles down a dirt road. There are no places to rv park at the Old Mill anymore. On the highway there is a little blue sign that has a rv picture. Turn onto the road that has that huge Jardines sign and drive right into the park. If you want to make reservations you can call Margarita Melville (my mommy) at 011-52-616-165-6123 or give her a call on her cell phone at 011-521-616-101-9581 or you can stop on in. We have had lots of rvs this Christmas vacation with lots of people commenting on how nice the place is. If you have kids you there is a a huge park and swimming pool with a filter that is nice and clean (pool is in use in the summer months). I will add some pictures as soon as I get a chance.

People have been nice enough to ask where I have been hiding. I am still here in San Quintin though I am not working at Don Eddie's any more. I will be sending in fish reports for Captain Juan Cook and Captain Jaime Garcia come summer time.

[Edited on 1-6-2009 by TonyC]

[Edited on 1-6-2009 by TonyC]
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 1-5-2009 at 09:39 AM

My wife, daughter and grandson spent Saturday in the playground area of Los Olivos while the son-in-law and I were out fishing. They reported having a great time and said that the personnel there was very friendly and accomodating.

TonyC
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2009 at 07:41 AM

I was u2u regarding how much per day, and also for a month. It's $14. a day and don't know how much for a month.

I'm heading down with Pops after this coming week. I'll take some pics., and get as much information for BNs that would like to know. I'll post from there if I take my lap top, or when I get back. Happy new year.
awfulart
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2009 at 09:30 AM

We stayed at Los Olivos Sunday nite. Very clean, we suggested that they trim the Olive trees higher as they were a little low. They did that immediately. Caution however, there is an empty swimming pool in an unlocked area that could be accessed by small children. There is about 8 or more inches of ugly water in the pool. I suggested they lock the door to the pool area, it is adequately fenced. The caretaker has small children and that alone would cause concern.

We paid 15.00 American for hook up and access to a dump. The dump has no water spigot available unless you have a long hose. Again I suggested they run a water line over to the dump area to make it a little more convenient.

We liked Los Olivos and will return.

Art & Alice

Marita-LosOlivos

[*] posted on 1-11-2009 at 01:02 PM

If you want more information on Los Olivos I am here to answer questions. First, Tony thanks for copying and posting what I had put on Bloody Decks.

AwfulArt, the water in the pool is nasty right now I agree, but come summer time we are the only pool in the entire area that has a pump and filtered water. We leave the pool empty in the winter time but due to heavy rains it has a little water in it. The door to the pool should of been locked and I will speak to the caretaker asap to make sure it is locked at all times.

In the next couple of weeks I will be working on a website for Los Olivos family park so I can put pictures up of our place.

you can call us anytime at 011-52-616-165-6123.

[Edited on 1-13-2009 by Marita-LosOlivos]
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2009 at 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Marita-LosOlivos
If you want more information on Los Olivos I am here to answer questions. First, Tony thanks for copying and posting what I had put on Bloody Decks.

AwfulArt, the water in the pool is nasty right now I agree, but come summer time we are the only pool in the entire area that has a pump and filtered water. We leave the pool empty in the winter time but do to heavy rains it has a little water in it. The door to the pool should of been locked and I will speak to the caretaker asap to make sure it is locked at all times.

In the next couple of weeks I will be working on a website for Los Olivos family park so I can put pictures up of our place.

you can call us anytime at 011-52-616-165-6123.

Welcome to the Nomad Board. Since we have made Jardines our regular stop, we pass by your RV park often. It does look very nice and the playground is a real plus for those with children.

Between your place and Jardines, that area has been turned into a real oasis.

Best of luck to you.

Diane

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.