Nomad

Mood: on the road....again,again

[*] posted on 1-6-2009 at 09:34 AM

well said Russ
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 1-6-2009 at 09:36 AM

I'm like David K...I just read past the negative posts, political posts and naysayers.
Perhaps I am just an optimist at heart, and I rally appreciate what Shari has to say. You should hear how I describe Asuncion to all my friends. Everyone is ready to drive there this year.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 1-6-2009 at 09:52 AM

gracias amigos....and now for a shameless infomercial....many of our nomad amigos are campers and there was nowhere to camp with amenities here...people used to park at our place at the blowhole out here which is very exposed to the winds so we have been working on a new place you can camp in the village at the beach....apart from water, power, bathroom/shower, dump station, a big mesquite shade tree, there is also wireless internet and a neat little clubhouse/library affectionately called "canada club" by the canucks there. We are in the process of making it pretty poco a poco.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2009 at 10:14 AM

Thanks. Will there be more camping info on you site as well? And I suppose we can use your site as well to make reservations and ask specific questions about our needs while in the area?
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2009 at 10:15 AM

Good one Udo! I got hooked. Hard to see good people bad mouthed.

Iflyfish
shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2009 at 10:52 AM

I will update the website as soon as I get a chance...we've been way to busy enjoying the wonderful company around the campfires at Timo & Barbarenos for any serious work to get done.

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2009 at 09:04 PM

OK,
unbiased non camper info on the campground in Bahia Asuncion---OK, not totally unbiased about Bahia Asuncion since we have a home there and love it. :yes:

For those of you who have been to Bahia Asuncion, the new campground is next to where the Shari's Beach House rental is located. The lots have been cleared, a central septic built, and a cute little building with a bath, shower, book exchange and washing machine.

Now, if you are looking for the formal RV park with individual hook-ups and all well defined, forget it. But if you want a laid back old Baja type place where you just find the "right"place to park your rig and run the extension cords, or pitch a tent, it is the place for you.

Bahia Asuncion is not for everyone---it is old Baja---no super stores, only a couple of casual restuarants, water that can go out at anytime, fresh veggies only when the truck comes in, and the locals are the nicest people we have met anywhere.

Someday there may be a "formal"RV park- :(:(---but for now, the new campground is a much better fit with the town and a nice place to stay.

Diane

[Edited on 1-7-2009 by jdtrotter]

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2009 at 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by udowinkler
You should hear how I describe Asuncion to all my friends. Everyone is ready to drive there this year.

STOP, STOP, STOP---you must be stopped---can you be bought? :lol::lol::lol:

Diane

Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2009 at 06:49 AM

Here's a Feb. '08 pic I took of one of the rentals. Is this the camp area? I think Shari had already used it for a large group that also rented the house. It is a prime location with really nice neighbors in back.

Asuncion Camp?.jpg - 40kB
rbwrivers
Junior Nomad

Mood: dreaming of Baja

[*] posted on 1-7-2009 at 06:59 AM

It's just to the left of there. Infront of Birddog and my house. We were there when Shari started the work on it. I'm happy to see everyone enjoying it.
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2009 at 08:43 AM

Whoa!! I have changed my mind. Stay away. This is a terrible place hosted by hostile, insensitive, greedy, self serving and self agrandising, shamelessly self promoting people in a village that is so developed that time share hustlers are accosting you at every turn. The road to get there is awful and sometimes impassable, there are earthquakes and rowdy teen agers in town. The place is nearly fished out and people who visit never come back. One cannot even get a decent day old tortilla in that town. The beer is warm and there are pop tops littering the beach. Stay away!

Whew, that's better.

Iflyfish
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-7-2009 at 09:02 AM

Great... just great....

Thanks Shari...

Diane, thank you for the details... It sounds like the way Camp Gecko used to be before Doc closed it (made it just for long term leases).

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 1-7-2009 at 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Iflyfish
Whoa!! I have changed my mind. Stay away. This is a terrible place hosted by hostile, insensitive, greedy, self serving and self agrandising, shamelessly self promoting people in a village that is so developed that time share hustlers are accosting you at every turn. The road to get there is awful and sometimes impassable, there are earthquakes and rowdy teen agers in town. The place is nearly fished out and people who visit never come back. One cannot even get a decent day old tortilla in that town. The beer is warm and there are pop tops littering the beach. Stay away!

Whew, that's better.

Iflyfish

I'm with you fish. The only reason that I keep going back is to see if the pathetic place has gotten any better but, alas, it's only gotten worse. The last time I was there my arms hurt for 2 days because they made me reel in fish. They even made me eat raw fish...Not very hospitable if you ask me....dt :lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 1-7-2009 by dtbushpilot]
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2009 at 09:46 AM

Another "secret" BAJA location revealed.....:lol:

There will probably be a call for those archeologist (you know.... the ones visiting the missions) to go and check the rocks there before the campers destroy everything.....;D

Sounds like my kind of camping......"old baja" has a nice sound to it....
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2009 at 11:23 AM

Great to learn of a place to camp, but once the RVs, motorhomes, little dogs, dump stations, electric ( TVs, radios, early AM generator, etc.), ATVs are introduced - there goes the serenity and what it WAS and SHOULD BE.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2009 at 06:42 PM

Do you have a map?

Can you find Bahia Asuncion, near halfway down, on the left side, just below the big hook of Baja?

There it is!

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2009 at 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dtbushpilot
Quote:
Originally posted by Iflyfish

Whew, that's better.

Iflyfish

I'm with you fish. The only reason that I keep going back is to see if the pathetic place has gotten any better but, alas, it's only gotten worse. The last time I was there my arms hurt for 2 days because they made me reel in fish. They even made me eat raw fish...Not very hospitable if you ask me....dt :lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 1-7-2009 by dtbushpilot]

Yes, yes, yes, both of you have the rest of the story. :tumble::tumble:

IFLYFISH, I know we will never get you to return--it was such a terrible experience for you. We are sure that the next time you hit Vizcaino, you will not turn right, but will head south.

But then again, we really hope you will return when we are there.

Diane

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2009 at 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaTacoMan
oh, this place is really bad huh?

So bad that we have a home there after visiting once, and so bad that IFYFISH after visiting there once has been a major supporter of the local mountain bike club.

I know, we are really biased, but while we loved Baja, we never thought we would buy a place in Baja until we visited Bahia Asuncion-----

Diane

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2009 at 10:41 PM

Shari should make more for all the good she has done for the town and the guests... Shari is too nice, profits are not bad, they keep people doing good things that others benifit from.

I saw the good in Shari when she started her Internet welcome. I offered and made her first web site to help her get the word out... I was impressed... and since then, look at all the Nomads who have enjoyed Bahia Asuncion.

shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2009 at 08:46 AM

yeah, I kinda like the camp where ever ya please type thing...we're thinking of putting pismo shells to mark out spots but hey...maybe later...we will put some more electrical and water hookups around the place but for now...it's a rustic disorganized camp so like diane says, if ya want fancy...it's not for you.
As far as radios, dogs etc...this village has all that and more so touring types arent really a problem...ATV's??? well....maybe.

Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.