Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: What happened?
bajaloco
Nomad

Mood: wishin I was fishin

[*] posted on 5-27-2004 at 09:43 AM
What happened?

I don't want to start another debate on who is right or wrong on this board. I just think that alot of the posts lost the reason to be here in the first place. We were all brought here with a common affection for Baja. We all love and need Baja for different reasons. I come here for insight, for information, and to enjoy the experiences of others. It seems that lately you must zig and zag between the mud slinging and the rock throwing to find a worthwhile thread. The negativity has been obvious and useless. A simple fact, We should all be grateful that this board even exists....Thanks Doug...
Bajabus
Senior Nomad

Mood: My friends..it's good.

[*] posted on 5-27-2004 at 10:03 AM

Ah I don't know to me it's like a great night at el coyote, lots of people lots of campfires, fun to wander around catch it all. I've seen some heavy discussion going on complete with screaming and cussing but in the morning everyone will not hesitate to help you out if you need it. I wouldn't want to stay locked up in my camp talking the same old same old with the same folks I'm traveling with.

I see the other type also. They pull in and totaly isolate themselves, if they are in an RV they turn on the TV, fire up the genny and you never even see them till they come out to dip there toe in the water before they head out.

A fine group of folks we baja adventurers are.

I'll take the ruff and tumble surprises of meeting someone new over the later any day.

"Preventive war was an invention of Hitler. Frankly I would not even listen to anyone seriously that came and talked of such a thing." Dwight David Eisenhower
Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 5-27-2004 at 10:24 AM

Good thinking....I think I'll try to stay off the OFF-TOPIC board too.......

!Baja Que bueno!;D
dbrooks
Junior Nomad

Mood: The shock treat

[*] posted on 5-27-2004 at 10:32 AM
C'mon guys...

nothing better that a good verbal battle!

Bajaloco, I see and understand your point. I am doing my best to not reply to the inane ramblings of That ***** Lady in SADM - but sometimes it gets the better of me...

[Edited on 5-27-2004 by BajaNomad]
Margie
Banned

[*] posted on 5-27-2004 at 01:29 PM
What Happened

dbrooks, or whoever you are, you were the one who called me a name, remember? And you just did it again !

Would you also like me to post the U2U message you sent to me?

To answer the question of "what happened": Me No and JR trashed out my Real Estate Advertisement and posted a demeaning photo underneath it, called me names, privately and publically, issued me a disgusting U2U message. I objected ,publically posted the U2U message
and stood up for my rights.The good fairy chimmed in, and so did dbrooks, in favor of the denigrating and abusive behavior
of Me No and JR.

Wonder when this is going to be edited out ?

[Edited on 5-27-2004 by Margie]
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-28-2004 at 10:49 AM
Off Topic

I too am going to try to stay away from the Off Topic section. People (including me) who have ideas and beliefs that not everyone in the world share can find itrather upsetting to hear tirades about opposite ideas/beleifs. T quit TV news a long time ago as I don't need to upset myself about things I have no control over. I like the Todays Posts feature but guess I'll have to forgo that convenience to avoid the non baja stuff.

:biggrin::biggrin:

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
meme
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-28-2004 at 02:32 PM

Yes bajalou! I'm with you! I also like the Todays Posts but looks like you have to do too much weeding out??? Actually think I could live without the Off-Topic section anyway! More interested in the Baja stuff!
Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-28-2004 at 03:35 PM

David K. at one time suggested dropping the Off Topic forum from Today's Posts. I didn't follow that thread through but perhaps following that advice would keep most folks happy. At least we could then go to the Off Topic board by choice and know what to expect. There's another Mexico board, Radio Free Mazatlan, that has a b-tch Board. I think they call it "Let's take it Outside" and it's sometimes busier than the regular board. Works for me if it works for others.
cristobal
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-28-2004 at 04:03 PM

You have my VOTE .... MIKE

:yes::bounce::fire:
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-28-2004 at 04:33 PM
Yeah

It would make life easier and a lot more pleasant. Doug, at least think about it please.

:biggrin:

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
dbrooks
Junior Nomad

Mood: The shock treat

[*] posted on 5-28-2004 at 06:27 PM
Go ahead...

Quote:
Originally posted by Margie
dbrooks, ...Would you also like me to post the U2U message you sent to me?

Go ahead, **********.

I say that we remove ALL the topics from Today's Posts! How about we turn this site off!!

Down with free speech! Down with original thought!

Happy Memorial Day. Gotta gripe? Thank a VET!

[Edited on 5-29-2004 by BajaNomad]
Bedman
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-29-2004 at 01:28 AM
Hey Bus!!!!!!

You don't like my Motorhome?? Why not? I keep it clean, I pay my taxes, I don't drive in caravans, I don't swerve around the road, I let anybody going "faster" (like that's going to happen) than me pass and I pull off regularly, I actually get out of it and swim in the water, I see sunsets and sunrises, I run almost strictly on Solar, I sleep till 10 am and don't go to bed till 2 am cause I'm busy staring at the stars and yakkin over some campfire and I'm always ready to go fishing, I like to see different places so instead of buying and owning a piece of land in Mexico and being tied down to that one place I can see a lot more places and meet a lot more people, by the way, don't hate me, cause this is the longest run-on sentence in the history of Nomads board, AND Just Yankin your chain!! Good to see you posting again. I think you should re post the epic reports you made when the Hurricane hit your neck of the woods!

As always,

Bedman
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-29-2004 at 05:09 AM
Hey Bed!

Sir; I am in Total Agreement!

I would also like to know if there is any additonal facts surronding the Death of "Choppy".

Skeet/Loreto

"In God I Trust"
RandyMacSC/SO
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 5-29-2004 at 06:41 AM
And I thought I was the only one who thought it was Friday...

Ok nef spelling.

==============================================
Ole' Irish saying (Gaelic): 'Go neirigh an bothar leat, go mbeidh an gaoth choiche sa droim agat, is go mbeidh tu thuas ar neamh leath-uair roimh is eol don diabhal go bhuil tu marbh'.... OR 'May the road rise up to meet you, May the wind always be at your back, and May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead'

meme
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-29-2004 at 09:37 AM
Off Topic Posts

My Vote is "YES" to removing the Off Topic Posts grom Todays Posts! Do think it would be best for those interested in Off Topic to just go there!!
Bajabus
Senior Nomad

Mood: My friends..it's good.

[*] posted on 5-29-2004 at 11:41 AM

My vote is I don't care either way since I know that those that want it removed are gonna go there any way.

"Preventive war was an invention of Hitler. Frankly I would not even listen to anyone seriously that came and talked of such a thing." Dwight David Eisenhower
Packoderm
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-29-2004 at 01:27 PM

Maybe it is posible to have an option to block the Off-Topic from showing up on Today's Posts in Your Control Panel.
msawin
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-29-2004 at 09:48 PM
good idea.....

Wow, please do move it from todays posts... God only knows when we will get an other new registered member with 350 post in 3 weeks cutting loose with Bush/gore crap.... THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE BEAUTY OF BAJA CALIFORNIA...........
msawin
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-29-2004 at 09:53 PM

Oh, I ment to add kerry's name with our president George Bushs...... sorry... I hope I did not offend anyone.......
Margie
Banned

[*] posted on 5-29-2004 at 11:35 PM
OFF TOPIC

oh gads, I heard that Rick Bolanos and his group are coming over here to post on Off Topic.

Surely, this will drive msawain over the edge.

:spingrin::spingrin::spingrin::spingrin::spingrin:

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.