BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Can anyone give me advice on where to find history.....
flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

Mood: gone fishin'

[*] posted on 1-9-2009 at 09:22 AM
Can anyone give me advice on where to find history.....

.....of the Ciudad Insurgentes-Puerto Lopez Mateos area and the Ciudad Constitución area?? I am having trouble finding anything in English online or even around here. Español is OK. I am looking for information on the families who settled in and established themselves in the agriculture in "el valle" and on the canneries located on Mag Bay (A: Lopez Mateos and San Carlos) as well as commercial productivity of the bay, etc., but not the mission era information as I already have that covered. Any help on this will be appreciated.
:dudette:
fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 1-9-2009 at 09:43 AM

The people with the most information regarding history of the region would be at the Museo de Antropologia e Historia de Baja California Sur in La Paz also you can try Archivo Histórico del Estado de Baja California Sur
Pablo L. Martínez

A well informed Baja California traveler is a smart Baja California traveler!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-9-2009 at 02:33 PM

Jesse (now in La Paz running Tres Virgenes restaurant) grew up in or has family in Santo Domingo, which is north of Insurgentes is pre-dates Insurgentes and Constitucion... for some personal history or contacts maybe?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

Mood: gone fishin'

[*] posted on 1-9-2009 at 02:40 PM

I can see that there's not much reading material on these places so I'll have to get first hand information instead. Thanks for the advice and I also will check out the anthro museum in La Paz on a future visit.
rockman
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-15-2009 at 01:29 PM

Also by Pablo Martinez is "Guia Familiar de Baja California", 1965. Geneaologists call this their Bible for Baja, and it has more vital statistics than you can imagine on the early families. Bilingual.
This book had a limited printing and can be difficult to find, but it is worth a search.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-15-2009 at 01:37 PM

Norm, check you U2U...

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 1-15-2009 at 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rockman
Also by Pablo Martinez is "Guia Familiar de Baja California", 1965. Geneaologists call this their Bible for Baja, and it has more vital statistics than you can imagine on the early families. Bilingual.
This book had a limited printing and can be difficult to find, but it is worth a search.

I know of two copies in Tijuana that are for public access.

A well informed Baja California traveler is a smart Baja California traveler!

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.