BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: 2nd Annual Jammin' For The Animals Benefit Concert in Todos Santos
BCSTech
Senior Nomad

Mood: Carpe Manana

thumbup.gif posted on 1-10-2009 at 05:59 PM
2nd Annual Jammin' For The Animals Benefit Concert in Todos Santos

Where Else Can You Hear So Much Good Music in One Place on One Day?

In addition to musicians Miguel De Hoyos and Alex Depue, we're pleased to announce the addition of the following musicians and groups to this year's 2nd Annual "Jammin' For The Animals" Benefit Concert at 12 PM on Sunday, January 25th, 2009 at La Cañada Del Diablo in Todos Santos.

Our current Line Up includes:

Miguel De Hoyos and Alex Depue
Tracy Monk Durland
Clacson
James Currie
En Medio Del Ritmo

More Acts To Be Announced Soon...

Once again this year, we'll be serving pizza from La Buena Vida Restaurant, available whole or by the slice. We'll also have Door Prizes throughout the day, and a special "50/50" Raffle where one lucky winner will collect 50% of the Raffle pot, and the other 50% will go to the Jammin' Fundraiser. Last year, one lucky winner went home with over $300 Dlls. cash!

For those who would like to stay overnight for the event, we'll also be announcing special room rates with sponsoring hotels in our area.

"Jammin' For The Animals" tickets are $130 Pesos/$13 Dollars in Advance, or $150 Pesos/$15 Dollars at the Door. Ticket locations to be announced later this week, but you can easily make advance reservations online at our "Jammin" Website at http://www.bajawesternonion.com/jammin.asp, or by sending an Email to Maryann Douglas at Maryann (-at-) BajaWesternOnion.com.

Please visit the "Jammin' For The Animals" page for the latest program, news and updates, or to make advance reservations online: http://www.bajawesternonion.com/jammin.asp.

"Jammin' For The Animals" is a non-profit benefit effort to raise funds to support animal rescue efforts in the communities of Todos Santos and Pescadero. Area musicians and volunteers will be donating their time and energy to come together to treat you to a full afternoon of food, fun and entertainment.

To volunteer to play, or for more information, please visit the website at http://www.bajawesternonion.com/jammin.asp, or Email Alan Thompson as soon as possible at alan (-at-) BajaWesternOnion.com.

Best Regards,

Alan Thompson, Publisher
Baja Western Onion

-----------------------------------------------------------

FREE COMMUNITY INFORMATION FOR SOUTHERN BAJA

The Baja Western Onion is a FREE E-Mail Bulletin Board serving the communities of Southern Baja. The Baja Western Onion provides an easy way to post items of general interest to our local community via e mail. For a FREE subscription go here: http://www.bajawesternonion.com/?s=TS

-----------------------------------------------------------
CaboRon
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Peacefull

[*] posted on 1-10-2009 at 06:07 PM

I had a great time last year and plan on attending again !!

CaboRon

The Gull
Super Nomad

Mood: High

[*] posted on 1-10-2009 at 06:24 PM

With declining economic conditions and increasing poverty for Mexican nationals, it is typical of Americans to organize and support a fund raiser for animals.

�I won\'t insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said.� William F. Buckley, Jr.
BCSTech
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-10-2009 at 06:50 PM

And typical to sit back and dis others' efforts to help that don't fit exactly with your own agenda? C'mon...

Are you saying we should all just let the animals "breed like cats," starve, suffer and die simply because they're not "Mexican Nationals (I thought they were)?" All creatures great and small are God's creatures and deserve our help. Every year, we use the money raised to help spay, neuter, medicate and feed animals that belong to Mexican Nationals so they don't have to pay for it themselves. I fail to see how this doesn't help Mexican Nationals.

We all do what we can to help out wherever we can. There are lots of other benefits in Todos Santos to help Mexican Nationals and we participate in those as well.

If you want to do something to help the Mexican Nationals yourself, great! Do whatever you can in whatever way you can, but don't just sit back and snipe at others' efforts to help, especially in "times of declining economic conditions and increasing poverty for Mexican nationals."

[Edited on 1-11-2009 by BCSTech]
Marie-Rose
Senior Nomad

Mood: Worried...

[*] posted on 1-10-2009 at 09:10 PM

Totally agree with you Allan. We are so lucky here in TS to have a large group of people who volunteer for the "whole" community. Last week it was a huge fund raiser for the palapa society and now we are so looking forward to a fund raiser for the animals.

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Remember, when in Mexico, yes may be no and no may be
maybe!
2-tie-dye-4
Nomad

Mood: jonesin' for Baja

[*] posted on 1-10-2009 at 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Gull
With declining economic conditions and increasing poverty for Mexican nationals, it is typical of Americans to organize and support a fund raiser for animals.

I wonder how fundraising for the animals is taking away from anything or anyone else??? Maybe you should start a fundraiser for your particular preference in saving the world. And, maybe you have. But darlin, you got too much time on your hands if you have nothing better to do than dis another's effort to help ANYTHING. And, I guess I can say the same for myself, cuz I just dissed your effort of dissing.

We\'re all here cuz we\'re not all there, mountain stranded time
Acuity
Nomad

Mood: Craving sleep!

[*] posted on 1-11-2009 at 08:35 AM

1. The event is probably the best musical event of the year
2. While I, personally, am not an animal person, it makes sense even to me to have an effective spa and neuter program working here
3. I applaud the organizers for running this event again!

Don't miss it if you are anywhere near TS!

Marie-Rose
Senior Nomad

Mood: Worried...

[*] posted on 1-21-2009 at 11:26 AM
4 more sleeps!!!

www.bajawesternonion.com/jammin.asp

Check it out... I believe there are now 10 acts scheduled.

Hope to meet more Nomads.
Cabo Ron... heard you might be volunteering with something to do with sound????
Is there anyone else planning to attend?

Remember, when in Mexico, yes may be no and no may be
maybe!
The Gull
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2009 at 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 2-tie-dye-4
Quote:

I wonder how fundraising for the animals is taking away from anything or anyone else??? Maybe you should start a fundraiser for your particular preference in saving the world. And, maybe you have. But darlin, you got too much time on your hands if you have nothing better to do than dis another's effort to help ANYTHING. And, I guess I can say the same for myself, cuz I just dissed your effort of dissing.

Nothing like being judgmental, huh darlin'? What is the natural extension of this effort, "save the cucurracha"?

�I won\'t insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said.� William F. Buckley, Jr.
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2009 at 02:40 PM
Me too

Quote:
Originally posted by 2-tie-dye-4
I wonder how fundraising for the animals is taking away from anything or anyone else???

I guess your wealth and charity have no limits.

Lucky you. :rolleyes:

BCSTech
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2009 at 06:15 PM

So no benefits unless they're "your kind" of benefit?

BTW, when are you scheduling your benefit?
bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

Mood: words cannot describe...

[*] posted on 1-21-2009 at 06:37 PM

Wish we could be there! Don't miss DePue and De Hoiyas....OUTSTANDING ENTERTAINERS!

Friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel.
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2009 at 05:39 AM
Didn't say that

Quote:
Originally posted by BCSTech

Only that charitable contributions are finite.

BCSTech
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2009 at 06:18 AM
Jammin' For The Animals Tickets Still Available

Tickets are 130 pesos in advance and 150 pesos at the door on the day of the event. Tickets can be purchased in advance at El Tecolote Book Store in downtown Todos Santos, at La Esquina in El Otro Lado, on online at http://www.bajawesternonion.com/jammin.asp

We're pleased to announce our final line up of volunteer musicians for this year:

Miguel De Hoyos and Alex DePue
Derek Buckner • Tracy Durland and Lars Pointer
En Medio Del Ritmo • Dave De La Valle and Jesse Hamilton
Greg Kitchel • Marpessa • Curvas Peligrosas
Dominique Sawyer and The Home Wreckers • Daryl Currie

"Jammin' For The Animals" will be held this Sunday, Jan 25th at La Cañada Del Diablo in Todos Santos. Doors open at 12 PM. Pizza, beer and wine available for purchase.

Visit the Jammin' website for latest information, or to make advance reservations online:

http://www.bajawesternonion.com/jammin.asp

[Edited on 1-22-2009 by BCSTech]
The Gull
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2009 at 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Quote:

Only that charitable contributions are finite.

Dave, You know you cannot convince a zealot that they have missed the mark. They will revel in the joy of having known they spayed a dog, while misery among humans goes unchecked. Let them feel good handing out money to a cat. It is soul cleansing for many.

BCSTech
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2009 at 07:38 AM

BTW, when are you scheduling your benefit to help relieve human misery?
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 1-22-2009 at 07:45 AM

Quote:

Hey Gull,
Tell us what you have done recently to assist the less fortunate (human or animal)
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2009 at 10:23 AM
Yeah, Gull

Quote:
BTW, when are you scheduling your benefit to help relieve human misery?

Tell us about the food and festivities... Who's performing?

Are you gonna have a raffle?

BajaOnion

[*] posted on 1-22-2009 at 01:51 PM

If you go to our web site www.bajawesternonion.com and click on jammin' for the animals you will see all the details. We have some awesome door prizes and also a 50/50 raffle. Last year the winner of the 50/50 took home over $300 U.S. We have a terrific line up of musicians. Last year over 200 attended - we have every reason to think it will be even bigger this year - so come early. See you there!!!
The Gull
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2009 at 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666[/i

Hey Gull,
Tell us what you have done recently to assist the less fortunate (human or animal)

I dropped a peso into your cup when I spotted you on the curb yesterday. Keep up the good work, mount-a-goat. Good stalking of my posts.

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.