Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Hola from LB
windgrrl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2009 at 04:39 PM
Hola from LB

Had just a wonderful day in Los Barriles today. Breakfast on the deck with whales in sight, then swimming in the warm ocean, followed by stand-up paddling. Off to the ALMA bake sale to make a donation - lots of sweet puppies and dogs and kittens ready for a home and some love. Then sailed 5.6 +92 liter free-style for the rest of the day. A bit of croquet, follwed with supper this evening, then hoping for bigger wind tomorrow. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend with good firneds and fun no matter where you are!

When the way comes to an end, then change. Having changed, you pass through.
~ I-Ching
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2009 at 04:44 PM

Is Tio Pablos still there? Wish I was.
Gaucho
Nomad

Mood: Bohemia por favor...

[*] posted on 1-17-2009 at 07:26 PM

Sounds like a great day windgirl. Isn't it hard to stand up paddle w/ all that wind?:?:
windgrrl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-18-2009 at 08:49 AM

Good day,

Tio's is still there and hasn't changed much over the past decade or so unless kareoke is new.

The water is good for early swimming, kayaking, stand-up paddle-boarding and shore fishing before 1000H usually. Then we get the yoga and breakfast done and the wind kicks up if we're lucky, the big boats come in and we go sailing! The wind over the past few days has been marginal for short board sailing, but we're hoping to get on the high wind gear today.

~ I-Ching
heike
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-18-2009 at 10:07 AM

I am jealous windgrrl,
cant wait to be there....... 7 more weeks........
windgrrl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-20-2009 at 09:08 AM

Another lovely day yesterday with a swim in the ocean, breakfast on the deck and 5.7 + 101 litres, then 5.3 + 92 litres. Wind was steady, then a bit up and down in the early pm., then came back up 'til 1645H. A margie and super burrito follwed by stargazing on the beach. This a.m. is warm and calm and we're looking forward to good wind later this a.m. Lots of sailors here this year...looks like everyone found a seat sale to escape the cold!

Have a great Baja day,
w

~ I-Ching
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-20-2009 at 09:38 AM

Sure wish the sport would have been around when I was young and healthy because it sounds just right for me. I'm 5.9 feet tall and I can drink about 85 litres if you give me a week or so.
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-20-2009 at 09:55 PM

There are tons of people in Barilles and Ventana who sail every day and are in the 70's-I'm not sure if its the tequila, good food or just Mexico but there are more active super healthy 70-year-olds sailing than 17-year-olds. They also do shakespere...

Very fun-races all weekend in Ventana if the winds allow for it thurs-sun. Nice warm weather this year so far!

Here photos of a rare 'secret' lake formed by springs tides combined with el norte near Barilles,

Punta Gordo el Sargento

A beach party

Full moon camping

Sunrise over San Juan de Los Plannes

[Edited on 1-21-2009 by gnukid]
Bajafun777
Super Nomad

Mood: Enjoying Life with Wife In Mexico, Easy on The Easy

[*] posted on 1-20-2009 at 11:59 PM

Gnukid and windgirrl, have done some windsurfing a few times and the first time thought I was going to be taken clear out into the middle of the ocean before I got turned around. I got to admit though that with a good wind it was a blast. Now, water skiing and board skiing behind a boat or jet ski is great too!! Gnudkid, I really enjoyed the pictures and hope you popped a cold one for all of us, as well as having a little BBQ fun along with holding your love one close:bounce:;). Later----bajafun777

Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2009 at 08:08 AM

But you still don't want to tell us lame old non athletes what those numbers mean?
windgrrl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2009 at 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Osprey
But you still don't want to tell us lame old non athletes what those numbers mean?

Good, day, Osprey!

Sailed a 5.4 metre Neil Pryde Alpha Sail with a 92 litre Starboard Code board. That means I had enough sail but not enough float in my boat for the relatively light wind. On a good day, my husband would start on this size and I would be on smaller gear. The litres refer to diplaxcment I think, but someone else could explain this better than I.

...and yes - there are some still sailing well into their 80s!

~ I-Ching
windgrrl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2009 at 08:54 AM

Another great day in Baja - enjoyed a wonderful meal at Picsis beside Chapitos last night - best meal presentation and chiles rellenos I've had here! Looking calmer today and looks like a walk down the beach for sea glass hunting.

~ I-Ching
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2009 at 09:59 AM

Wind forecast is for light wind for the next 4-6 days which means good picnic and camping weather to remote points...

The numbers refer to sail square meter size for windsurf such as 5.0 square meters which is good small sail for men about 180lbs in wind about 20-22knots and board liters such as above 100 or below 100 liters.

You all might enjoy stand up paddle surfing which is very casual and fun for everyone. They have them at many kite/windsurf resorts now for use.

See you at karaoke I hear ol timer Valentine is singing Hank Williams.
Baja&Back
Senior Nomad

Mood: Rarin' to go South!

[*] posted on 1-21-2009 at 10:52 AM

We will be there tomorrow. Come visit us in next 3 days at Playa Norte RV park in the caravan area. Would be nice to meet another Nomad!!
:tumble:

Barry & Vanda
Baja and Back RV Tours
Vancouver BC Canada / Baja
http://bajaandback.com
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2009 at 11:15 AM

update: thermal winds provide a chance of wind to 15knots at playa norte campground. We are all going to the event La Ventana for racing and parties thurs-sun.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.