Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: looking in los barriles (east cape) area
cftlet
Nomad

Mood: Modelo Negro on my mind

[*] posted on 1-25-2009 at 08:59 AM
looking in los barriles (east cape) area

Hola from beautiful los barriles. We are a retired couple who have fallen in love with the east cape and want to make it our second home (if not our first home). We are here for the next two months (in our fifth wheel) escapeing the wonderful oregon winters:lol::lol:, and looking for our retirement casa. We are keeping all options open (lease, purchase,house, palapa,lot,etc.). We are not rich so those million dollar propertyies just dont work ( unless I could buy it on time at 100$ a month:spingrin:). I would really like to hear from nomads here in los barriles and input from others to help us ful fill our dream. :yes:
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-25-2009 at 09:09 AM

Start the FM-3 visa process... required to have or leave property in Mexico... legally, that is.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

ccholder
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-25-2009 at 12:13 PM

Check your u2u... I left you some info!
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-25-2009 at 12:56 PM

Actually you cannot get an FM3 until you have a proof of residency...i e phone bull, power bill, water bill, letter from landlord...I am sure that there are other documents that you can use

Paulclark
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-25-2009 at 02:38 PM

Come to www.eastcapehomes.com for the best and most reasonably priced lots on the East Cape
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-25-2009 at 02:47 PM

You say you have fallen in love with the east cape, and it is beautiful, but from I see advertised, it is quite expensive and it sounds like you have not won the lotto.

Depending on what you are looking for, there are far less expensive areas on the Pacific side, but they are quite different. What are your priorities?

Hope you find the perfect spot and home

Diane

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-25-2009 at 04:49 PM

The big dif is the climate. Sea of Cortez v. Pacific. Pacific blessed or cursed, take your pick, by the Northwesterlies, and fairly cool ocean temp. that keeps the climate within a moderate range most of the year. Sea of Cortez side is prone to the vagaries of the continental climate, so it can be really hot, and in the winter, chilly. Blame it all on the Japan Current.
YARDSAIL
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-26-2009 at 08:02 AM
LOOKING

CHECK YOUR U2U... BRI
Bronco
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-26-2009 at 08:13 AM
Hold Off!!!!!!!!!

Prices will drop its just a matter of time. Mexico is in as bad a shape as US.
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-26-2009 at 11:04 AM

Right on, Bronco. Seems that the U.S. was where this now world-wide recession started. It's taken the rest a while to catch up (or down). Therefore, my best guess is that when a recovery begins, it will first be felt in the U.S. and then catch on elsewhere. Thus, methinks there's plenty of time to wait before committing to a purchase in Mexico.
pacside
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-26-2009 at 11:15 AM

Check out Pescadero area on pacific side about an hour north of Cabo San Lucas. Due to not being lottery winners you might want to look east of hwy 19 for a lot on a hill or a casa on a hill with a view of the ocean and the sierra de laguna mountains. I believe these are still affordable. If you buy your lot for say 40k you can park your 5th wheeler on there until you are ready to build. Great weather, whale watching, safe beaches, and cabo is only an hour south and Todos Santos is only 10 minutes north.

Good luck,
pacside
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 1-26-2009 at 01:23 PM

East Cape is indeed a magic place. We love it there and couldn't be happier with our place. Baja is a big place. It seems that every time we take a trip to some remote place we want to get a place there too.

East Cape is probably the most expensive real estate in Baja and the cost of living in Los Bariles is higher than most places. If you find security having lots of English speaking people around and if you like having American products available in the stores then LB is the place for you. It does get a bit warm and humid in the Summer but that's part of the trade-off.

I would advise waiting a while too. There are lots of places to rent in the area, more and more all the time. There are several property management companys there that could get you a place. There are also lots of places advertised by the owner (check out Baja pony express). Property prices in the area are starting to come down and will surely drop some more. Renting for a couple of years will give you the opportunity to check out different areas and give you an idea it the Baja dream is really what you want after the honeymoon is over.

Good luck, hope to be neighbors some day.....dt
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 1-26-2009 at 01:26 PM

CFTLET...sounds like you've been smitten. Did you get a chance to look at San Nicolas? I know my place was NOT the place (It'll be totally gone in the next flood) , just wondered what you found or your impressions.
Perry

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.