Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5
Author: Subject: Freon
The Gull
Super Nomad

Mood: High

[*] posted on 6-10-2004 at 05:51 AM
Doug, relocate?

This posting was a fake to begin with. It started as Baja News, which was a cover for "off-topic". It has degraded from there.

�I won\'t insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said.� William F. Buckley, Jr.
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2004 at 06:17 AM
Baja News

yeah right!!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-10-2004 at 06:57 AM

Threads morph into other subjects often. Freon just wasn't 'warm and fuzzy' enough I guess. If you want this to die, ask Margie to delete her first post in this thread or stop replying to it. Let's not bug Doug too much over trivial matters. Managing this forum is time consuming and doesn't pay well. How many have bought items from Doug's 'tienda', click on the google ads daily, or just sent in a contribution for the great source of entertainment this web site provides?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2004 at 07:02 AM
But obviously

Doug has the help of David K. to manage this forum so it can't be all that much work.:lol:
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2004 at 07:08 AM

JR, are being less or more 'human' with comments like that?

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2004 at 07:15 AM
That would be "more"

human like. We just can't help ourselves. No harm intended though, just teasin.
Pastramis are calling!
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2004 at 07:23 AM

OK amigo, maybe Sunday? I got a sack of adult/mens shirts for you to take south (and maybe some freon too).

Got to go install some drip irrigation...

BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 6-10-2004 at 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jrbaja
Doug has the help of David K. to manage this forum...
For the record... David K is not a manager of these forums.

Vocal with criticisms and suggestions, yes. Active participant, yes. Baja loco, yes. Forum manager, no.

:lol: ;)

--
Doug

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
Margie
Banned

[*] posted on 6-10-2004 at 10:25 AM

I'm not quite sure why this post was moved to a political line, and I'm not going to remove it.

It is Baja News, there are Americans involved in smuggling this stuff from Baja to the US. they buy cannisters of this stuff at $10.00 a pop and bring it across the Border and sell it for from between $100.00 to $200.00.

These are not people who you might invision as rough and gang-like, they are, alot of them, just retired joes making big profits off of a harmful substance.

So, when you are down here and wondering how some people can afford this or that, you'll have a clue as to why.

[Edited on 6-10-2004 by Margie]

[Edited on 6-10-2004 by Margie]

BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 6-10-2004 at 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Margie
I'm not quite sure why this post was moved to a political line, and I'm not going to remove it.... It is Baja News...
The Baja News forum states that it is for non-political news items.

The subject here touches on environmental politics, border politics, U.S. politics, Mexican politics, etc.... and has just progressed further in that direction.

Makes it a pretty simple call to move it over.

:coolup:

--
Doug

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2004 at 11:54 AM
Geez Margie

This is old news. And if you know so much about it and rant and rave about it on here, why don't you do something about it if it bothers you? Almost everyone that has lived down here for a while knows who these people are. Do you?
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2004 at 12:06 PM
And the real scoop

Almost every respectable looking gringo that has lived down here for any length of time has been approached to take "things" across the border.
The reason some do this is because the going rate for one trip is around $2000.00u.s. The guys behind it supply you with a brand new car to drive across, all the paperwork in your name and they cross all the t's. And even dot the I's.
There is obviously good money in it and people still do it regularly. Gringos.
The other side to this is you are sooner or later going to get caught. Guaranteed.
It is against the law and as Margie says, you wouldn't believe the people that are doing it. Cracks me up. Sometimes retirement can be quite exciting!
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 6-10-2004 at 07:52 PM

Amazing that this subject has gone on for so long.
As stated previously, this is OLD news. I think it
was back in 2000 that I first heard it. No surprise
to me. I've brought across my share of R12 and will
whenever I have a use for it. Although I've brought
it across for others at times, I only charge actual
cost. Guess I'm not yet ready to be a big-time
smuggler.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2004 at 08:02 PM

I was wondering if the entire world still uses R12 (except the U.S. and any other country that bows to the greenies), how can the ban be taken seriously here? Do the enviros think the air above the U.S. somehow stays within our borders or more importantly the air above R12 users doesn't move? :lol::?::O:no:

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2004 at 08:53 PM
How can anything

"how can the ban be taken seriously here?"

be taken seriously there ???????????????:light:

[Edited on 6/11/2004 by jrbaja]
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2004 at 07:08 AM
Dar'iln JR.......

Can we please get off Margies butt? (and can you please get off ours ("gringos") :)

We ALL make mistakes), (May God help us) we are only "people" we do the best that we can. The thing is, I know (as I said to MA Humfrevill, on the phone today) I KNOW ,........I know! If I would have a problem (in Baja, even MeNo would rush to my aid...it's all GOOD).. :spingrin:
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 6-11-2004 at 07:59 AM
FREON

Take a look at the can and see who makes the stuff--You will find that it is the same companies that are no longer allowed to make or sell it in the U.S. 'cause, you know, we are the 'bad' people of the world. This allows us to pay much for for an inferior product that we are forced to purchase because we truly wish to save the worlds environment.
Regarding communisim being dead please see my comments on the Off Topic Board.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2004 at 08:18 AM
On yer arses

I have a feeling that I am not the only one who thinks the way I do. And I also have a feeling that more people are beginning to realize that what I am saying isn't so far fetched.
As soon as the people in the u.s. start demanding that their tax dollars go to educating their kids and taking care of the elderly rather than building weapons of mass destruction, and then actually using them wherever they please, I will probably shut up.
There would be no need for all the money being wasted on border security if the parents and schools were doing what they easily could be, raising responsible, loving children with morals. Like most of Mexico. Buena suerte on that one but it can be done.
As far as margie is concerned, now that her rantings (mostly quotes from others) are hidden away where they belong, I will consider getting off her case.
But, I've always had this thing for gringas that move to San Antonio ( about as much Mexico as Huntington Beach) who think they are "all that" because they live in "the Baja". Sorry Jimmy.
Especially ones that pretend to know what they are talking about when it comes to almost every subject.:lol:
Margie
Banned

[*] posted on 6-11-2004 at 05:02 PM

Good. I don't like you either, I think you are on some kind of a weird control trip and you are easily threatened, especially by women.

I don't pretend to think I know everything about every subject, and I don't come in on a thread and trash it like a little baby having a temper tantrum, because he isn't getting all his attention.

[Edited on 6-12-2004 by Margie]

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2004 at 06:50 PM
Margie

If that's the way you want to look at it , that's OK. But as far as a Baja related board, go back and look at how many of your posts are Baja related.
By the way, you have a moco on your moustache.:lol:
 Pages:  1    3    5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.