Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: New gas prices...
BajaCactus
Senior Nomad

Mood: Helpful

[*] posted on 6-1-2004 at 05:58 PM
New gas prices...

1st day of the month, new gas prices.. here they go.....

-- Magna $ 5.86 pesos per liter ($22.18 per gallon)

-- Premium $ 6.92 pesos per liter ($26.19 per gallon)

-- Diesel $ 4.86 pesos per liter ($ 18.39 per gallon)

At this time you get around $11.30 pesos per dollar, but remember that this changes everyday.

Happy travels....

Antonio M.
BajaCactus
"Where the Baja is much more than a dream..."
jim janet
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-1-2004 at 06:09 PM

Hi there.
Your close but your math stinks,It is Pesos per liter about the same as in Canada.
BajaCactus
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-1-2004 at 07:24 PM
Mmmmmm....????

Well I think I did it right, but help me out here.. let's see...

1 gallon = 3.785 liters

Premium = $ 6.92 pesos per liter

So, 6.92 x 3.785 = 26.19 pesos

And since the dollar is 11.30 that should be 1 gallon = $ 2.31 dollars

That is how I figure out all the prices, but if I am wrong please correct me.

Antonio M.
BajaCactus
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-1-2004 at 07:44 PM
Pesos Pesos Pesos

He's posting in pesos not dollars - use the latest exchange rate to get the dollar cost.

:biggrin:

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
Bajalero
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-1-2004 at 07:48 PM
Re : gas prices

Antonio , your math is just fine . The "problem" is a Canadian thing. Being a canuck he expects to get 4.5 liters in every gallon he buys. :lol:
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-1-2004 at 08:03 PM
It's Crazy!

America still uses the English System (cups, pints, quarts, gallons)... BUT, England (and Canada) uses (or did use) IMPERIAL GALLONS, at a pint more than a U.S. gallon! It's crazy!!! Metric makes sense (even if it was invented in France!!!)... just kidding :)

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 6-1-2004 at 08:32 PM

That's another thing... Mexico uses the dollar sign ($) for pesos.... MN$ and US$ might be better ways to communicate which currency we are talking about or always add the word dollars or pesos after the figure.

Does anyone know why an S with a line (or two) through it is used for dollars $ ?

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BajaCactus
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-1-2004 at 08:33 PM
New format....

As I intend on keeping you up to date with the fuel prices, please advise on a better way of displaying them. I do not post them on dollars because the exchange rate fluctuates everyday, however, the fuel price is not supossed to change in a month. Nevertheless, how would you like for me to display the prices....any suggestions....

By the way..... thanks for the complements guys.... it is really appreciated. We try to be as honest as possible.

Antonio M.
BajaCactus
BajaCactus
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-1-2004 at 08:37 PM
Great question...

In Mexico, specially at banks, they use a S with one line for mexican pesos and a S with two lines for u.s. dollars...

As for the why... I do not know.... great question....mmmmm.... and we use it everyday....

Antonio M.
BajaCactus
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 6-1-2004 at 10:59 PM

In Australia (and other countries who now use 'dollar' as the name of their currency), it is an S with one line: $.

Here, it is both, but originally two lines which was a short way to write U & S, over each other. The S is written on top of the U, So the dollar sign is U.S. or United States. The bottom of the U is dropped. Maybe Ben Franklin had something to do with that? Anyway, that was how my dad explained it to me, many years ago!

daveB
Nomad

Mood: wondering about Nomads!

[*] posted on 6-1-2004 at 11:11 PM

Folks driving in Baja seem to be getting a break on gas pricing by Pemex. Driving north in March through mainland Mexico I was already paying 7 pesos per litro for premium.
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 6-1-2004 at 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaCactus
As I intend on keeping you up to date with the fuel prices, please advise on a better way of displaying them. I do not post them on dollars because the exchange rate fluctuates everyday, however, the fuel price is not supossed to change in a month. Nevertheless, how would you like for me to display the prices....any suggestions....
Antonio,

Posting the current price in pesos per liter here is very much appreciated, and would also be the most accurate information. Your conversion to price per gallon is a luxury, and although appreciated, certainly not necessary.

The knowledge on the exchange rate is also something we appreciate knowing as well.

This information is very helpful to the Nomads here. Thanks so much!

Regards,
--
Doug Means

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2004 at 12:33 AM
El Rosario Pemex is Numero Uno in Baja!

Always open, always honest, clean bathrooms, self serve or occaisional attendant service, vital location as the next open Pemex may be 200 miles away. Thanks for supplying Alfonso who resells your gas in Catavina as we desert explorers sometimes need more gas in the center of Baja. David Eidell once did a survey of Baja Pemex stations (pump accuracy), and your station rated #1. You are a good man and I wish you great success with the motel, as well!

Bedman
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2004 at 01:42 AM
BajaCactus

I presume your the Operator/Owner of the El Rosario Pemex. Of ALL the Pemex stations along the transpeninsular, Your's is the ONLY one I allow the attendants to fill me up and have no worries about being short changed or pump rolled back or Bad gas or any of the other worries associated with the dreaded Pemex Magic show. I drive a motorhome and carry in excess of 100 gallons. I do my best to be as empty as possible by the time I arrive in El Rosario. Your station is The Best! and I'll second the nomination for a "Nomad #1" rating.

Sincerely,

Bedman
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2004 at 05:06 AM

Hey: I remember paying 10 Cents a Gallon in The USA.

60 Cents a Gal in Baja{1968}

$2.10 Gal for Aviation Fuel at Pappa Diaz
from a 55 Gal Drum.

"It Don't make no Nevermind"

Baja is Worth every Cent/Peso!!!!!!!

Suck it up my Friends!

"In God I Trust"
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 6-2-2004 at 06:46 AM

Antonio,

Posting of the prices in pesos would be GREAT!!!:lol::lol:

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2004 at 08:26 AM
History of the dollar sign...

One of the most popular theories is that the dollar sign is derived from the initials of the United States. If you superimpose a capital "U" on a capital "S" then drop the lower part of the "U", what you end up with is a version of the dollar symbol with two strokes. This theory was endorsed by the American libertarian philosopher and staunch defender of capitalism, Ayn Rand, in her novel Atlas Shrugged. Chapter 10 is entitled the Sign of the Dollar. Rand claimed the dollar sign was the symbol not only of the currency, but also the nation, a free economy, and a free mind. ;)
trblmkr

[*] posted on 6-2-2004 at 09:55 AM

Antonio,

Thank you for posting the lastest prices for fuel. It is unfortunate that this board tends to stray off topic at times and will pick posts apart. "Pick the fly s*#t out of the pepper." as some like to say in the U.S.

You are providing a good service and we appreciate that. Please continue to post your prices in Pesos vs. dolares as we all know the exchange rate varies by the hour, by the vendor, by the location, etc.

P. y D. <*)))><
tim40
Senior Nomad

Mood: There yet?

[*] posted on 6-2-2004 at 12:21 PM

Antonio, I stopped by on Friday morning and filled up on the way down. Asked about you and left a 'hello' note with your staff. They indicated you were in TJ. Your rooms look to be coming along nicely.

Tim
Margie
Banned

[*] posted on 6-2-2004 at 01:03 PM

Thank You, Antonio. Whew....they are saying the gas prices in the States may go as high as $4.00 a gallon by the end of summer, it's already cheaper down here. Man oh Man !!! They're taking us all to the cleaners!!!

Thanks, again.

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.