Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Direct Tv Loreto
Jerry K

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 6-1-2004 at 07:30 PM
Direct Tv Loreto

I am trying to install Direct Tv in Loreto. I have good signal strength but no picture.

I get a message"Sat dish needs servicing."

Any ideas?
BajaCactus
Senior Nomad

Mood: Helpful

[*] posted on 6-1-2004 at 08:25 PM
mmmm???

If your account is active and you are pointing to the right satellite, I can only think of two things....

The coaxial cable going from your antenna to your receiver is not properly connected and/or your LNB that goes in the antenna is not working.

Try checking the connections and the cable and if everything is ok, maybe somenone could lend you and LNB so you replace yours and try it out.

I am no expert, but maybe this will help.

Antonio M.
BajaCactus
"Where the Baja is much more than a dream..."
msawin
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-1-2004 at 08:52 PM
not an expert.....

We are just south of Loerto and this last march I brought down a new hughes reciever with a current card.... and All I could get is two info commercial dierctv channels... I treid my neighbors unit on my dish set up and It worked fine....He had the same problem a year ago with a new reciever unit.. Brought down an older unit and it worked fine...was told the newer hughes units have a block for down south????? I jus bought a new silver system on E-bay [about $50.00 with dish] ,???? going down in two weeks..Will see.

marty

Oh yea,,,, lots of signal strength....And the info - mercials were spot less... perfect
Jerry K

[*] posted on 6-1-2004 at 09:44 PM
direct tv in Loreto

Tahnk you for the info. I am trying an older box this weekend.
Jerry K

[*] posted on 6-1-2004 at 09:44 PM
direct tv in Loreto

Thank you for the info. I am trying an older box this weekend.
Jack Swords
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2004 at 07:54 AM
Direct TV

Please report back. We take our box and card (paid legal subscription) to La Paz each year and use a meter dish there. We now have new boxes and hope that will not be a problem. If you use another box and a legal card (illegal cards are dead now) the card is "married" to the box so Direct TV must activate your paid-up card to the old box (probably before you leave: phone connection). One question...did you try the legal box & card on someone's working antenna and LNB? It doesn't seem possible that a receiver would know where it is geographically. Please let us know what you find out. Thanks.
msawin
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2004 at 07:38 PM
DIRECTV ??

THE UNIT BOUGHT ON E-BAY WAS TO SHIP YESTERDAY. My new receiver works fine. The one that I had taken to Baja. I hope the new old silver uinit will take my new card and allow the reciver to take the signal... I HAVE NO USE FOR TWO UNITS IN THE STATES. If the card is eaten oh well. I would like to have the the service in Baja, but am not going to pay for an additional service for the 6-8 weeks we are down...I have neighbors to catch the news and am not a movie person... I will let you all know this following week if it works or not...... marty

PS... I am open for suggestions.....
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2004 at 07:45 PM

Don't understand how but they have some directional control on the signals. If you have SFrancisco local channels legal in Sf, and bring the box to San Felipe, you can't get the San Francisco channels?
My local programer said get a DishNetwork box and he would fix me up after DirTV cancelled all the old cards.

:biggrin:

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
meme
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-3-2004 at 09:21 AM
Tv

We have Dish here in SF. But it is Not good TV as far as we are concerned, Lots we don't get that we did get on DTV. Would be nice if they got DTV up & running again? I heard a rumor that It might be fixed by June 15??
Jerry K

[*] posted on 6-14-2004 at 04:44 PM

I sent an inquiry to Direct Tv advising of my problem and gave them the location in southern Cal. They advised I may have a Dish Net work antenna and using legal Direct box.

How would the dish know if it was pointed at the right satalite? My transponder strength is excellent. I will take and old box back on the fourth of July weekend.

anyone with any info, I am open. Football season is coming. Can you buy one meter dishes in the US?

Jerry K
bajalera
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-14-2004 at 06:47 PM
Jerry K

Are you by any chance Jerry Klink, or maybe that's Klinck?

bajalera
msawin
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-14-2004 at 08:37 PM
DIRECTV ??

Well I got he new complete sytem last week..The reciever is a hughes gold edition...It would not except my registered Access Card #4, from my new reciever......so.. We are going down on this Friday and I will take the gold edtion down and see if I can get it working with local Loreto dealers........One more subscription.

Marty
Jack Swords
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2004 at 07:16 AM
Direct TV

Once again, a legal card is only compatible with the receiver it is registered with. You can move a legal card to another receiver, but Direct TV must activate that card with a specific receiver. You cannot move a legal card to another receiver without their involvement.

Meter sized dishes are available in Baja, but try Dish Doctor in San Diego (619) 239 6058. There might be lots of dishes available in Baja now that pirate cards are permanently zapped. Legal subscriptions still work. There are new dishes and new satellites and aiming depends of several new factors now. Please report back your experiences. Thanks.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.