BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Loreto airport to Malecon
let-it-ride

[*] posted on 6-2-2004 at 04:21 PM
Loreto airport to Malecon

What should we pay for a cab ride from Loreto airport to our hotel in town? ALSO would it be cheaper to rent a car from Budget in town or do it on-line. We are visiting from June 15-29 with the idea of staying long term. We tried SanFilppi and decided against there. Thanks
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 6-2-2004 at 04:40 PM
you can't take a cab - they are not allowed

in except when taking people in from town. You have to go out in the airport combi vans and it is union controlled - they charge by the head - to $8 each - varies - peg the driver first, they like to get $50 or so a trip in. what a rip - that's why so many private pilots quit going to MMLT, among other things..... and the poor slobs on the jets have no choice unless they're renting a car.

then when you go out it's all you can pack into a cab for $10 total. deal.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
backninedan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2004 at 06:44 PM

Rent your car online, it is about half the price you will pay here.

Dan
let-it-ride

[*] posted on 6-2-2004 at 07:57 PM
airport ride

Thanks everyone for your advice. I rented a car on-line.
The ride into town, I guess we will have to see who is having a slow day and bargain from there.
Thanks again!
let-it-ride

[*] posted on 6-2-2004 at 07:59 PM
airport ride

One more thing. I rented the car from the Budget office in town because our flight gets in about the same time the Budget office at the airport closes. We will pick up the car the next morning.
flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

Mood: gone fishin'

[*] posted on 6-3-2004 at 01:57 PM
aeropuerto al pueblo...

expect to pay $7 each person if you'll be four or more persons or $15 for the entire taxi. These taxis are actually authorized Airpotr TAxis and thats your only option from the airport to anywhere else...but when going TO the airport you can get a town taxi and its 125 pesos. I do this all the time for my fishing clientele so I know of what I speak...rent the car online here at an internet cafe a few days before yu want it, or do it at hime before you come down, half the price of the wakl in rate. Also you can pick it up and drop it off at the airport.

Pam
Subastador
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-4-2004 at 10:48 AM
Car Rental

I know ,,, you are coming in on the 7 PM flight and the Budget info says the Airport Budget office closes at 7.

The fact is they stay open to serve that flight, IF they have reservations.

I would call the Budget 800 number and get your reservation changed to the Airport. No need to hassle with a cab if you're going to get the car anyway. We did this in March, and had no problems.

Subastador
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-4-2004 at 10:58 AM
Airport Rental

I know,,, you are coming in on the 7 PM flight and the Budget info says their airport office closes at 7...

The fact is they stay open to serve that flight IF they have reservations.

I would call the Budget 800 # and get your reservation changed to the airport. No need to hassle with a cab if you're going to get a car anyway, right?

We did all this in March and had no problems.

Subastador
Junior Nomad

puzzled.gif posted on 6-4-2004 at 11:01 AM

Sorry for the double post, the thing told me the page was expired the first time, so I thought I had lost it...:?:

let-it-ride

[*] posted on 6-4-2004 at 04:43 PM

Thanks Subastador, I changed the rental car BACK to the airport. It will make it a little easier.:bounce:

[Edited on 6-4-2004 by let-it-ride]

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.