BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Aerial Photos and Los Barriles Slideshow Tuesday
TomS

[*] posted on 2-12-2009 at 05:30 PM
Aerial Photos and Los Barriles Slideshow Tuesday

We here at La Ventana have had the opportunity to see Charles Chandler's excellent slideshow of Baja Aerial pictures over the last few weeks.

http://www.charleschandlerphotography.com/gallery.html

Charlie will be showing another Baja slideshow in Los Barriles at the North free beach at on Tuesday Feb 17th at 7:30 PM.
If you like his gallery of pictures you will certainly enjoy the slideshow.

Tom

Pictures of Charles's flying machine. Powered paraglider

http://www.charleschandlerphotography.com/galhowitwasmade.ht...

[Edited on 2-13-2009 by TomS]
wiltonh
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-12-2009 at 06:47 PM

I have seen this show more than once in La Ventana and it is very well worth attending. It will give you a view of Baja that very few will ever see.

Wilton
TomS

[*] posted on 2-13-2009 at 10:07 AM

Barriles ... I stand corrected.....Thanks David

My Post is now edited.

TomS
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-13-2009 at 10:19 AM

Thanks for the links Tom... very nice photos!!!

Oh, and Charles has spelled Los Barriles wrong, too (in his photo site)... no sweat, it ranks up there with Guerrero Negro and Puertecitos as being one of the most mis-spelled Baja places!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

cvchandler
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-13-2009 at 08:19 PM

I am Charles Chandler.

David - thanks for catching my error - I have corrected it!

Today I moved camp from La Ventana to North Beach, Los Barilles. My camper is located at the far north end and is in the first row adjacent to the beach. I have a trailer with a large solar panel array.

I am hoping for a good turnout at the slide show on Tuesday!

Charlie
wiltonh
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-14-2009 at 09:12 AM

It probably should be noted that Charles showed these pictures about 5 different evenings at La Ventana. The first several evenings he did double showings. It seemed there were more people every time he showed them.

He has a 100 inch screen with a computer projector so lots of people can come and watch. Bring your chair and plan on about an hour of awesome entertainment.

Wilton
wiltonh
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-17-2009 at 08:01 AM

This show happens tonight so I bumped this to the top again to make sure everyone who wants to go remembers.

Wilton
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-17-2009 at 08:19 AM

Great photos... cool flying contraption!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-17-2009 at 08:39 AM

Its a nice thought, but I am obliged to point out that not everyone enjoys you flying over their private residences to shoot photos of their private vacation moments. Some women feel that your flights are an intrusion to their privacy and it makes them feel uncomfortable to have you fly over their homes repeatedly. Do others agree? Why would Charles need to do low passes over peoples yards?
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 2-17-2009 at 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by gnukid
Its a nice thought, but I am obliged to point out that not everyone enjoys you flying over their private residences to shoot photos of their private vacation moments. Some women feel that your flights are an intrusion to their privacy and it makes them feel uncomfortable to have you fly over their homes repeatedly. Do others agree? Why would Charles need to do low passes over peoples yards?

Correct me if I am wrong, but in my review of some of the aerial photos I did not see any "low-level" shots that might be intrusive. Perhaps he does fly low at times-------obviously he has too coming and going--------I would not be offended any more than any aircraft flying over-----------it is simply a sign of the times, IMO. But then privacy means nothing to me----------I have nothing to hide has always been my attitude, and if somebody wants to "see" so be it..

Barry
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-17-2009 at 11:59 AM

It's not me, I went on a long hike yesterday and when we returned there was a chorus of complaints about Charles low level flights over the homes and gardens, some of ladies were frightened, you can imagine you think your alone and suddenly a slow low level pass surprises you and you knwo he is taking photos, it felt it an intrusion of privacy. Now, I am impressed with Charles, his skill and his art, but the story around here is "I hope Charles doesn't try to turn our quiet neighborhood into another La Ventana."

I know Charles, I see him often, I want to fly too, but I am just reporting that there were plenty upset people yesterday when Charles came back and forth over the houses with his camera. I hope that he might understand why it isn't the most welcome sight to have him repeatedly fly over the sunbathing private gardens of the homes here as opposed to public beaches.

Its a bit irritating, but I guess patience runs short after planes from Punta Pescadero also keep buzzing back and forth low passes as well for no purpose but a joy ride and to show off. We're taking the shots of them and mind you Barry there will be a 20 page complaint faxed to Cha-cha to put an end to Charles spying shenanigans and send him packing to Cabo! Harumph!
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 2-17-2009 at 12:49 PM

when i was in los cabos nov 2007 there was a guy with an ultralight 2 seater tandom who was giving 10 minute rides up and down the beach in front of the mega resorts like Cabo Azul et al for only $125 each.

wonder where he was getting his gas?? he had a rotax that drinks 100 LL but i still say they will burn premium with octane booster. Lycs and connies can do it if you stay low. seen it all the time.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
cvchandler
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-17-2009 at 01:51 PM

I am very sorry that I upset some people yesterday. I certainly was not spying on anyone. Most people that I saw were waving and I tried to wave back.

I had a request to shoot aerial pictures of two homes for friends. One of the homes is in a neighborhood North of Los Barriles, the other is on the beach in the arroyo about halfway to Punta Pescadero. For each of these house I circled around getting shots at different angles at low altitude. I must have upset neighbors of these homes when I was doing this. In the future I will try to stay higher and spend less time there. I also took some pictures in the Muertos area for friends yesterday and I took unsolicited pictures of beachfront homes in the Punta Pescado area while flying over the water or beach. Additionally I took unsolicited pictures of a very unusual multi-dome house which was under construction.

I do routinely fly low over the beach and water but always keep distance, don't fly over or put anyone in danger. If I see someone on the beach I always fly around them. Often I am a hundred feet or more out over the water. I do not normally fly low over homes. If I ever see anyone on the beach who suspect is naked I always turn and stay well away from them.

I stayed at La Ventana for about two months this season. I enjoyed soaring with the Frigate birds over the cliffs in El Sargento. Often times families would be waving and I would drop down to give them a closer look. I had a friend approach me with the news that I was upsetting some people, apparently these people thought I was spying on them. Since then I have not flown over the cliff houses at low altitude and will not do so again.

As of today I will no longer take unsolicited photos of beachfront homes. I will shoot photographs but it will not be focused on a home unless the owner has made a request for pictures. In that case I will ask the homeowner to inform his neighbors in advance so they know what is going on.

With these changes I hope that "we can all just get along." As the El Norte is back and I will be departing in a day or two there will be no more flying over Los Barriles until next year. Hopefully this note will patch things up a bit and I will be able to fly here in the future with a new respect for homeowners.

Sincerely,

Charles Chandler
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-17-2009 at 02:02 PM

I know most people really enjoy your flights and most have no problems with it and they enjoy the slide show immensely, so thanks for your note which was conveyed to everyone appreciatively.
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 2-17-2009 at 11:52 PM

So when are you going to post the naked pictures? And I mean naked (female) bathing beauties.:cool:

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

akbear
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-18-2009 at 07:10 AM

Great slide show last night at North Beach ! Big screen, Good music, popcorn and Great photos !

Thanks Charlie

:tumble:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.