BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Who can anyone recommend that is honest concerning real estate from Rosarita to Lorato?
Seatrumpet
Junior Nomad

rolleyes.gif posted on 6-3-2004 at 03:28 AM
Who can anyone recommend that is honest concerning real estate from Rosarita to Lorato?

For many months, my husband and I have looked for a home to buy from Rosarita to Loreta, which includes Mulege. We really like Mulege, but planning to travel there very soon and concerned who to trust and who to watch out for! We have found many people playing games with what a real price of real estate should be to what they propose to us. We have also found many properties that do not have a clear title, but also, have found Steward Title company that should be able to solve that situation.

Our problem is simple, who are the people we can trust for leading us to purchase a home in the above area? We really believe we want a modest home near or on the water that hopefully will be self contained. We see prices all over the place for homes. Any help or directions is certainly appreciated.

Any suggestions? Who to trust? Who not to trust?

Thanks for all the help in the past and now, this web site is just GREAT! I have met so many wonderful people here, and thank my stars in doing so!

Hola from Florida!:rolleyes::bounce::D;):spingrin::tumble:
Seatrumpet
Junior Nomad

shocked.gif posted on 6-3-2004 at 04:40 AM
Can anyone recommend someone who is honest we might rely on to buy real estate ?

Can anyone recommend someone that is honest that can help us purchase a home in either Rosarita, Mulege, La Plaz or Nopolo?

We are having a tuff time with a lot of "run around" on real estate. Don't know who is telling us the truth and who is not! Most everything we seem to be interested in we find out later, people seem to stretch the truth on price, or whatever the real value is or not!

I don't want to sound paranoid, but we are wanting to buy a home on the water, or in view of the water to live in a home we can afford and try to put our trust and faith in someone that is honest to help us.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks >>>>:tumble:
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 6-3-2004 at 06:08 AM

Hey,

These are the people to use in Mulege - Santa Rosalia.

http://www.mulegemoonrealty.com

Good luck with your search.....:yes::yes:

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Bajasurf

[*] posted on 6-3-2004 at 07:51 AM
Real Estate Agents

I don't even know of an real estate agent I would trust in California much less Mexico. However, by posting your question here I am sure many of the good people on this forum may have a friend or know of someone that wishes to sell their home. I also am looking for a home. Close to a good surfing break, not crowded, no history of crime(Baja Malibu) and not to far off the beaten path.
Seatrumpet
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-3-2004 at 09:43 AM

Sounds like something we are looking for too! Thanks, Newbie
tim40
Senior Nomad

Mood: There yet?

[*] posted on 6-3-2004 at 12:06 PM

Sea...Don't want to talk down to you, but the real estate 'game' much like here in the states (and then only becomes much more 'interesting') starts with understanding the market and learning the 'rules'. Their are several good books that clearly articulate the rules in an objective fashion. Understanding the market is the 2nd step and this, so says me, will only come from multiple visits and asking a lot of questions of near anyone that will listen to you in the areas you have an interest. The 3rd step, finding a realitor (if you ultimately go this route), will generally be a natural bi-product of step #2. One thing that I have noted, is that several of the realitors (no offense intended to others with a differing view) is that they strike co-selling deals with the original seller based on increasing the price...

If you only take one piece of advice from someone related to your interests....Keeping asking everyone questions until a commonality of responses obviates itself to you... Tim
Bajabus
Senior Nomad

Mood: My friends..it's good.

[*] posted on 6-3-2004 at 12:11 PM

I recommend Peyton's "buying land in Mexico" second edition

"Preventive war was an invention of Hitler. Frankly I would not even listen to anyone seriously that came and talked of such a thing." Dwight David Eisenhower
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 6-3-2004 at 03:25 PM

im sorry seatrumpet but

dont you think you should pick an area you would like to live in before you bother a real estate salesman

rosarita to loreto is quite a distance

different weather
different people

go and look around first
FrankO
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-3-2004 at 03:33 PM

Good ?. Are you talking Rosarito Beach? Santa Rosalia? That's some serious mileage.
Seatrumpet
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-4-2004 at 03:34 AM
Who can anyone recommend that is honest concerning real estate from Rosarita to Lorato?

Many thanks to all of the posts and help.

Let me explain several points we have already found out, if I may.

My husband is an engineer with over 4 decades of building major commerical sites. So, we have good knowledge on construction etc.

He is also a real estate appraiser, that came later in life when he decided to go back to college and gain more education. So, again, we can take a piece of property and figure out within the boundries of Mexican land and come very close to what a property is really valued and what should be fair.

Yes, we already know, many people "strike deals" with owners of property and more games come into place.

Maybe what we should be asking, is there someone in or around the area of Mulege, that is forward and honest to guilde us into the area concerning real estate.

Again, thanks so much for all the posts, your time in writing to us and the directions and education of knowledge you have shared with us.

It is so frustrating to just try to get a few straight answers, but we are trying.

I was always taught to be honest, guess that is just old fashion, but I am just an old fashioned lady. LOL

Any other suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Hola from Florida> on the way to Baja...SOON!:tumble::spingrin:
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 6-4-2004 at 06:54 PM
old fashond will guarantee

you won;t survive down here. gotta do it the right way or not at all
Phil S
Super Nomad

Mood: After 34 years. Still in love w/ my wife

[*] posted on 6-4-2004 at 08:26 PM
Loreto Real Estate

I can't speak for anyone else, but I've been told that in Loreto, you need to talk with a Canadian called Alex of Alexander Real estate. He's handled approx. 50+ realestate transactions since he's been down there, and several friends of mine have used him, and are very satisfied. Good luck in your search.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2004 at 05:05 AM
Sea Trumpet

SeaT:

Being an "Ole Timer" from Loreto and Baja Sur I suggest the following;

So,-------------------->

If you would consider the following:

Hire me as your Guide for a Tour of the Area of Interest. It will take about a Week or Ten Days.All you have to do is pay Expenses, plus Deliver 4 Suitcases of Clothes to the Needy Children of Cuidad Constitution.

I will put you in Contact with People you can Trust!

I only have one Lot left for Sale in Loreto.

I would suggets you not overlook La Paz.

Please let me know if I can help.

Skeet/Loreto

"In God I Trust"

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.