BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: On demand water heater
dianaji
Senior Nomad

Mood: hungry for knowledge, simplicity, hugs and fish tacos!

[*] posted on 4-17-2009 at 04:14 AM

guess that link was incomplete.

http://cgi.ebay.com/EccoTemp-L5-LPG-Portable-Gas-Tankless-HO... 0?hash=item130300221402&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1309|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 4-17-2009 at 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dianaji

bg, did u get the booster pump info?

I discovered two problems that are related to the heater operation......heater works great, but low water pressure will affect operation. Purchased a Grundfos pump at Home Depot (did not install yet).

Also discovered that the gas (propane) supply line that they hooked up to the heater is 1/2". Needs to be 3/4" for proper operation.

I have the parts and will do the install on my next trip down in a month or so.

bajaecoliving

[*] posted on 5-25-2009 at 07:25 AM

tank-less water heater are good if you are in your house on weekends with 20 people and then nobody again all week. i know that the ecoyeco guys in TJ sell tank less for $200.00 that work with high pressure. They are nice so ask them if you can buy one to try on your low pressure system.

I suggest that if you are at your house all year you should have
solar water heater
no more gas. no more elect. And plenty of hot water all year around.

Ricky.

[Edited on 5-25-2009 by bajaecoliving]
BigWooo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-25-2009 at 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaecoliving
tank-less water heater are good if you are in your house on weekends with 20 people and then nobody again all week. i know that the ecoyeco guys in TJ sell tank less for $200.00 that work with high pressure. They are nice so ask them if you can buy one to try on your low pressure system.

I suggest that if you are at your house all year you should have
solar water heater
no more gas. no more elect. And plenty of hot water all year around.

I agree. It seems like a few people have good luck with the on demand heaters, but many have problems. After reading all the complaints about them on this board, and not wanting to waste propane on an traditional water heater, we wound up buying this solar water heater: Link It's not installed yet so I can't really say how well it works, but if it operates as advertised, we'll only need to use propane to supplement heating the water on very cloudy days.

BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 5-25-2009 at 09:11 AM

I have found that one of the keys to a tankless system is pressure. You need to have enough of it as well as not a lot of fluctuation in the pressure. A friend of mine has a tankless system in San Quintin that was supplied from a pressure tank fed from his pila. The pressure fluctuations from his pressurized tank would kick off the tankless flames for some reason. We installed a 2500 liter water tank on top of his house and with a constant pressure on the supply side his problem was solved.

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 5-25-2009 at 12:55 PM

Also needs a 3/4" gas (LP/Natural) supply line to the water heater to ensure the burner is operating at optimum performance

BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 5-25-2009 at 02:01 PM

Yes, that is a good point as well. These units tend to gobble up gas on higher flow demands and as your LP is relatively low pressure in the line you need more flow volume on the supply side.

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 5-25-2009 at 02:39 PM
Saving Gas

Awhile back, I thought my Mexican 10 Gallon LP water heater had reached its end-run when the pilot would go out after heating the water. Since it still worked otherwise and kept the water hot enough all day, I kept relighting it each evening while I thought about taking the burner apart or just replacing it. After awhile, I just got used to it and found I saved a LOT of Propane.

For better or worse, the problem cleared itself and it now stays lit again.

Don't know if I'm Better or Worse off.
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 5-25-2009 at 03:05 PM

Hot water isn't that hard to come by down in Baja.:biggrin:
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.