Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Rancho Ensenada evictions
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 2-20-2009 at 08:28 PM

Mobile homes have wheels on them for a reason. As soon as they started to widen that road, I would have made plans to pull up and move out....if it didn't happen, great.....but be prepared.......

BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 2-20-2009 at 09:05 PM

http://www.americanpatrol.com/MISCNEWS/2006-UP/MEXICO/BCN/BC...

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
Packoderm
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-20-2009 at 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Quote:
Originally posted by Packoderm
It looks like just another black eye for future real estate transactions in Baja.

This has nothing to do with real estate. These were renters.

Did any of them build anything? If not, and it's only trailers involved, then it might be less of an issue. If there were ten year leases and buildings involved, then we have something different.
bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

Mood: words cannot describe...

[*] posted on 2-20-2009 at 09:19 PM

Our current neighbors in Rancho Packard left Rancho Ensenada many, many years ago because the "road was coming through". They commented only a few weeks ago how surprised they were it had not yet happened. This cannot be a surprise to the tenants in Rancho Ensenada....just like it was no surprise in Punta Banda ---where it had been in litigation for years and years....

Friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel.
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 2-20-2009 at 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajabound2005
Our current neighbors in Rancho Packard left Rancho Ensenada many, many years ago because the "road was coming through". They commented only a few weeks ago how surprised they were it had not yet happened. This cannot be a surprise to the tenants in Rancho Ensenada....just like it was no surprise in Punta Banda ---where it had been in litigation for years and years....

Eggs actly!

Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-20-2009 at 09:36 PM

Quote:
Did any of them build anything? If not, and it's only trailers involved, then it might be less of an issue. If there were ten year leases and buildings involved, then we have something different.

Building anything on leased land don't make it 'real estate'. It's personal property and if not stipulated in the lease or can't be removed then typically reverts to the landowner. This ain't just in Baja but also in the States.

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 2-20-2009 at 09:41 PM

You can be very careful about land purchases and still end up with a problem.
The Orendain family recieved the land from the government in a land grant in 1957. Seems solid right?
I recieved info that there is a case against Orendain where I bought my land. I have an attorney too. Whenever I ask him about the land he says everything is okay.
When I asked Orendain he got angry. He stated that it's all lies and designed to hurt his ability to sell the land there. And that the people involved are squaters.
Seems that some fishermen claim to have historic rights to the land but I have not been able to substantiate it.
It's a little unnerving. At this point I don't believe it because I can not get anymore info about it. But still...

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

vacaenbaja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-20-2009 at 09:57 PM

Chavez Ravine South
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 2-20-2009 at 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vacaenbaja
Chavez Ravine South

Why are the Dodgers moving to Ensenada?

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

Mood: words cannot describe...

[*] posted on 2-20-2009 at 10:13 PM

the dodgers? Didn't the Marineros take the pennant last year? That would be the ENSENADA Marineros!

[Edited on 2-21-2009 by bajabound2005]

Friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 2-21-2009 at 07:57 AM

There are problems all over baja stemming from land that was "given" to people from the mainland in hopes of populating the peninsula. Problem was that they gave strangers land that had been lived on for several generations...similar to native rights issues.

For example San roque was a village for several generations but now there is a "situation" where an ejido is claiming it is their land and wants to sell it...so this is in a legal battle at the moment which is cool because it keeps san roque wild. So beware of buying in san roque!

But it is a problem for those who have homes there....it "belonged" to the cooperativa but the ejido wants them to buy it and well...there just isnt money to do that and they feel it is theirs anyway...es un pedo...mucho problema.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
bigboy
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2009 at 08:36 AM

By using the coordinates posted, the location is about 0.75 miles east of Tony's fish camp near the estero. Is this correct? Looks like undeveloped land to me!
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2009 at 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bigboy
By using the coordinates posted, the location is about 0.75 miles east of Tony's fish camp near the estero. Is this correct? Looks like undeveloped land to me!

Seems not much in the report is correct, Larry. At least, nothing has been verified.
Remember the Tigers Cave restaurant in south Ensenada? Rancho Ensenada is one block south of there. It's been there since the beginning of time.

There is another Rancho Ensenada which may come up in a Google search. It's a guest facility on/off the road to San Filipe about five miles east of town. It's a really neat set-up with a very rustic pitch'n putt golf course, swimming pool , bar and rooms...all available on reservation. Unfortunatly, the place has suffered brutal mismanagement and earned a terrible reputation.
bigboy
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2009 at 09:13 AM

OK......thanks Dennis!
CaboRon
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Peacefull

[*] posted on 2-21-2009 at 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Quote:
It looks like just another black eye for future real estate transactions in Baja.

This has nothing to do with real estate. These were renters.

I thought someone had posted here on another thread that leases had no legal standing .... therefore, they were basically a month to month rental agreement .

Would someone care to elaborate :?:

CaboRon

ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2009 at 09:30 AM

As much as I love Mexico and as much as my heart and soul is Mexican I just get so angry when I see that the Mexican government does not have ADEQUATE laws to protect foreigners who purchase land and build in Mexico. It seems that the crooked land owners know this and allow the foreigners to buy and build on the land then just come in with the laws of Mexico behind them to steal back what the foreigners have built. They are just a bunch of thieves in my book.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2009 at 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by CaboRon

I thought someone had posted here on another thread that leases had no legal standing .... therefore, they were basically a month to month rental agreement .

Would someone care to elaborate :?:

CaboRon

A lease written by a Notario has all the weight and protection that the constitution will allow. Unfortunatly, most Americans come south with the mindset that a lease, signed in a bar or anywhere else, has the clout of a similar transaction in the states when, in fact, it doesn't. It's a rental agreement at best and can be ammeded at the will and discretion of the land owner at any time.
To make matters worse for the naive tenent, without proper immigration status, one is unable to enter into any kind of contract.
These are just a couple of the things they won't tell you before your money has left your hand.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2009 at 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ELINVESTI8
As much as I love Mexico and as much as my heart and soul is Mexican I just get so angry when I see that the Mexican government does not have ADEQUATE laws to protect foreigners who purchase land and build in Mexico. It seems that the crooked land owners know this and allow the foreigners to buy and build on the land then just come in with the laws of Mexico behind them to steal back what the foreigners have built. They are just a bunch of thieves in my book.

The Ejidos are the worst offenders. It seems to be a recent specialty in law school training that prepares a lawyer to reverse property transactions in favor of the Ejido, of course after the money has changed hands.
Don't ever deal with an Ejido. Chances are huge that it will have a painful ending for the buyer.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 2-21-2009 at 09:50 AM

there is a huge difference between gringo that "buy" land or just rent it...rental leases are just that and ya gotta figure that into the equation....i figure

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2009 at 10:58 AM
Not entirely true

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
without proper immigration status, one is unable to enter into any kind of contract.

With an FMT, you can get a fidecomiso, form a corporation or lease an apartment or space for your trailer for the length of your tourist visa. However, to live (full time) in Mexico you must have a FM2/3.

Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.