BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Unique Camp items for Remote Baja Trips: Bumper Dumper...
RandyMacSC/SO
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 6-4-2004 at 02:52 AM
Unique Camp items for Remote Baja Trips: Bumper Dumper...

This item might be pure comfort to some that camp in the Baja.

I was searching for some specific camping items for my next Baja trip while online tonight, and found this site called Cabelas.com. Lots of camping gear that I can find locally, but then I found something I haven't seen until now. I could have used this new item to make my visitors more comfortable when they came to visit me in certain areas of the Baja. I made my own squat bucket, but it was less than popular, as it was prone to tipage and slipage problems after my guests had too many cervesas. :lol:

The All New Bumper Dumper. Info from the cabelas web site.

http://www.cabelas.com

Item: IE-516335
Price: $44.99
Storefront ?>? Camping / Food Prep ?>? Showers / Toilets / Accessories

Bumper Dumper
===========
Enjoy the comfort and convenience of your toilet at home - anywhere you go. Simply attach the included toilet seat to the frame, then slide the frame arm into a 2" receiver hitch and the Bumper Dumper is ready to use. A five-gallon bucket or trash bag can be attached securely to the frame for convenient cleanup. By using a five-gallon bucket, the Bumper Dumper can also be used away from your vehicle. Frame, toilet seat with lid and mounting hardware included. Bucket not included.
=========

Will be ordering one soon. No more complaints as when I handed my guests the scoop and roll and pointed to the nearest cactus field. They'll be right at home with the Bumper Dumper.

:lol::lol:

[Edited on 6-4-2004 by RandyMac]

==============================================
Ole' Irish saying (Gaelic): 'Go neirigh an bothar leat, go mbeidh an gaoth choiche sa droim agat, is go mbeidh tu thuas ar neamh leath-uair roimh is eol don diabhal go bhuil tu marbh'.... OR 'May the road rise up to meet you, May the wind always be at your back, and May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead'

RandyMacSC/SO
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 6-4-2004 at 02:57 AM
The Bumper Dumper - Yes it is a real camping item

Forgot to post the all important photo.

Ole' Irish saying (Gaelic): 'Go neirigh an bothar leat, go mbeidh an gaoth choiche sa droim agat, is go mbeidh tu thuas ar neamh leath-uair roimh is eol don diabhal go bhuil tu marbh'.... OR 'May the road rise up to meet you, May the wind always be at your back, and May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead'

RandyMacSC/SO
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 6-4-2004 at 03:13 AM
Another great item that I have been looking for...

While camping in the Baja, I hate setting up tents in the dark, and sleeping on rough ground as too many creepy night crawlers find their way into all the wrong places. :o

I also found this unique item on the cabelas.com site tonight and it has made it onto my purchase list. I definitely like the idea of a nice comfortable cot to give my back a rest and by adding this item I can sleep in comfort all night, snore all I want, and not worry about wezzing and swallowing those crunchy bugs and spiders etc. late at night in the Baja wilderness :lol:

http://www.cabelas.com

Ventura Camp Systems Cabin Cot
Item: IE-516416
Price: $99.99 - $119.99
Storefront ?>? Camping / Food Prep ?>? Camp Gear ?>? Sleeping Pads / Cots / Air Beds

Ventura Camp Systems Cabin Cot
========================
So unique it garnered a U.S. patent, the Cabin Cot turns your existing cot into a comfortable place to sleep in any terrain and any weather. Jagged rocks, sand, snow, mud and even standing water aren't a problem because the cot keeps you, the tent and your sleeping bag off the ground. Two included spreader bars replace the end bars on your existing cot to securely attach the tent to the cot. And for the ultimate all-around versatility, the tent, which weighs less than 5 lbs. with the spreader bars, can be used on its own on the ground during trips into the backcountry. Tent fabric is made of rugged 70-denier, 210T polyester rip stop that has a 3,000mm waterproof-rated polyurethane coating to keep out rain, snow and wind. All seams are fully taped to complete the waterproof package. No-See-Um mesh on three sides makes the tent a 100% bugproof environment and delivers excellent ventilation. The main door converts to an awning for extra protection from the elements. Cot not included. Imported.
Available:
* Standard - 77"L x 26"W - Fits most army-style cots from 26" to 30" in width.
* Deluxe - 82"L x 32"W - Fits Slumberjack Big cot and cots from 30" to 34" in width.

4baja
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-4-2004 at 05:55 AM

this last trip down the pemex bathrooms were the cleanest that i've ever seen, i guess that they finnaly got tired of sitting in there own stew.:moon:
Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 6-4-2004 at 06:45 AM

The bumper dumper--that's hilarious! Good research Randy....
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-4-2004 at 07:43 AM
Great find Randy

I like that tent/cot thing

One of our friends here at Nomads has the 'bumber dumper" I'll let him identify himself if he chosses :D and tell where he bought it.
GeoRock
Nomad

Mood: Always have one

[*] posted on 6-4-2004 at 09:08 AM

I just bought a cot at Costco in Reno for $29 plus tax. I was so pleased with it that we immediately bought another one at the Costco in Lancaster. They fold up in one quick swoop and slide into a bag, just as camp chairs these days. The cot is very comfortable. I plan on using it for home guests as an extra bed, also.

In Death Valley, it was quite windy. I would have loved to have had protection from the elements, but with plenty of ventilation. I'll have to check out your recommendation for the cot cover.

In Reno, there is an army surplus store called Twin City. They had 5 gallon buckets with a toilet seat on top for $12. I figure that's about the cost of a toilet seat anyway, so got one. Haven't, umm, tried it yet, but the next sand dunes trip that has no bushes and hundreds of people around, well, it should be of good use.

They sell shower stalls that will afford privacy for about $25.

I think the bumper dumper is better than the bucket though, as it would take up less space.

http://reinventmyself.isagenix.com
For rapid weight loss; building of lean muscle for athletes; and overall improved health through nutritional cleansing.
Big Al
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-4-2004 at 09:42 AM
Seat

I have a fold up stand with a seat mounted on it. I got it at Big 5 years ago. You can attach bags to it or just dig a whole and bury. Sure beats the buring thighs. I actually take readuing material with me when remote camping now.
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-4-2004 at 10:22 AM
Cots

Georock
I looked at those cots but didn't jump and get them and of course last week they were out in El Centro Costco. they checked and none in California - no more till next summer.
Went online to Sams Club.com and got them for about $2 more each (but of course plus shipping). Great cots.

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
RandyMacSC/SO
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 6-4-2004 at 12:18 PM

I thought there would be a few fans of the personal thunderbowl. In my experience, taking nature calls out into the back of a bush or large cactus is better than most public toilets in Baja.

Who knows. There might even be a book one day:

Great Bumper Dumper Peninsula Views :lol::lol:

Time to take the boat out and go floating down the mighty Columbia River in BC Canada. Hot - hot weather, a large Igloo cooler full of ice cold Molson Canadian Beer, and good tunes and good amigos. Not quite the Baja, but it will have to do.

Have a good weekend everyone.
RandyMac

jide
Nomad

lol.gif posted on 6-4-2004 at 02:36 PM
bumper dumper

Hey,
looks like they found additional passenger space for flatbed trucks !!!!
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-4-2004 at 02:38 PM

Still can't beat the toilets at Guadalupe Canyon. Fed by hot spring water. Warmed seat and moist heat....A wonderful way to start the day.:yes:

Cardon
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-4-2004 at 03:56 PM

For a lot more photos of the Bumper Dumper
and even photos of it in use go to:

http://www.bumperdumper.com/bumper2.htm

My Baja photos are now on my site
For more Baja Photos go to
this website
http://baja.smugmug.com/
http://craigpearson.com/
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-4-2004 at 05:00 PM

Needs a seat belt for going on the go. Baja's washboard roads would make for an excellent laxative.

Margie
Banned

[*] posted on 6-4-2004 at 09:01 PM

You guys are too much.

Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 6-4-2004 at 09:06 PM

Doggies!!! I don't believe this!!! What a bunch of crap. I can just see you'al sitting on that thing along side of the road as truckers fly by honking for all they are worth.
Behind a bush is better! Just ask JR.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-4-2004 at 09:17 PM

Well, as long as we're in the gutter here, I remember a trip to Punta Pequena--about 16 hours from Orange County--and we decided to drive straight thru(a few more hours to surf---yes!!). Anyway, two of us drove up front in the cab and the third was resigned to the camper shell....and we had no window to communicate from the front to the back. It was my turn in the camper shell.....after about 3 hours in the back I had to pee really bad, but the boys up front couldn't hear me banging on the cab to pull over.........so, I rigged an oil funnel to a 8' piece of plastic tubing, threw the end of the tubing out the back of the shell and Voila!
It worked great!!
Margie
Banned

[*] posted on 6-4-2004 at 10:43 PM

Eight Inches ?

....Wow....

;D;D;D;D;D

Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-5-2004 at 07:41 AM

Actually it says eight feet but thanks for the compliment!:cool:
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-5-2004 at 07:55 AM
The bushes

Very true Bernie, a good portion of the time we are out in the cactus.
I was thinking that after some of those restaurants, I would just ride on that there Bumper Dumper. That, a Gringo Gazzette, and a cold Pacifico, I shouldn't be too hard to spot. Butt, I recommend not following too closely or keeping your windshield washers full! :lol:
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.