BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Clams
dianaji
Senior Nomad

Mood: hungry for knowledge, simplicity, hugs and fish tacos!

[*] posted on 2-28-2009 at 08:51 AM
Clams

anyone know where to dig for clams between rosarito and ensenada?

thanks, diana

:?:

BajaVida
Senior Nomad

Mood: muy cool

[*] posted on 2-28-2009 at 08:53 AM
is it not illegal for Amercians to clam?

I am not assuming you are American.

No se apure y dure.

Don\'t hurry and you\'ll last longer.
dianaji
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-28-2009 at 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaVida
I am not assuming you are American.

american, soon to be mexican...:spingrin:

Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 2-28-2009 at 09:29 AM

well- I've posteds this topic before. WHat I got back was : clamming is legal for Mexicans only and you don't want to eat the ones between rosarito and ensenada anyway.

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 2-28-2009 at 09:34 AM

When I suggested that clamming in remote places wasn't a big deal I was made the object of ridicule and scorn by some of my Nomad bretheren (sisteren).

I agree with woooosh, I wouldn't eat the clams in that area either....dt

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
dianaji
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-28-2009 at 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Woooosh
well- I've posteds this topic before. WHat I got back was : clamming is legal for Mexicans only and you don't want to eat the ones between rosarito and ensenada anyway.

well, that settles that...now are there any eateries that serve fried clams? i'm from new england where as a child i dug clams and ate them fried all the time.*sigh*

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 2-28-2009 at 09:40 AM
Clams???

What you are looking for is Quohogs

Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-28-2009 at 09:46 AM

I don't know of any place that serves fried clams.... however, you can get the best barbequed clams (Almejas al Carbon) at Cocteleria Mazatlan in Ensenada - on 10th Avenue across from the bus station. Ask anyone in town, they will know. You must also try their Osteones al Carbon (bbq'd oysters). Not too sure about the spelling of osteones... Lots of garlic and cheese, and other things, on these creations. To die for!

Here is an old thread on this place...

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=16289#pid1395...

Bob H

[Edited on 2-28-2009 by Bob H]
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-28-2009 at 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob H
I don't know of any place that serves fried clams.... however, you can get the best barbequed clams (Almejas al Carbon) at c-cktieleria Mazatlan in Ensenada - on 10th Avenue across from the bus station. Ask anyone in town, they will know. You must also try their Osteones al Carbon (bbq'd oysters). Not too sure about the spelling of osteones... Lots of garlic and cheese, and other things, on these creations. To die for!
Bob H

Oh God, yes!

6-11-05 006-r.JPG - 38kB

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 2-28-2009 at 09:52 AM

Yes, yes...

6-11-05 005-r.JPG - 46kB

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 2-28-2009 at 09:52 AM

Yes, yes , yes!!!

6-11-05 016-r.JPG - 43kB

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 2-28-2009 at 09:53 AM

Thanks Bob and Audrey for inviting us to join you guys there!

6-11-05 013-r.JPG - 44kB

dianaji
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-28-2009 at 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob H
I don't know of any place that serves fried clams.... however, you can get the best barbequed clams (Almejas al Carbon) at Cocteleria Mazatlan in Ensenada - on 10th Avenue across from the bus station. Ask anyone in town, they will know. You must also try their Osteones al Carbon (bbq'd oysters). Not too sure about the spelling of osteones... Lots of garlic and cheese, and other things, on these creations. To die for!

Here is an old thread on this place...

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=16289#pid1395...

Bob H

[Edited on 2-28-2009 by Bob H]

read that past thread re clamming and sure hope this thread ends on a happier note...cause i'm a lover, not a fighter.

well, off to cocteleria...yummy!!!:spingrin:

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 2-28-2009 at 10:03 AM

You won't be sorry!;D

6-11-05 014-R.JPG - 45kB

Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 2-28-2009 at 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dianaji
Quote:

well, that settles that...now are there any eateries that serve fried clams? i'm from new england where as a child i dug clams and ate them fried all the time.*sigh*

Whole belly fried clams! Nantasket Beach. Yum. Yes, you are indeed from New England- everyone else knows and eats only "clam strips". I've never seen whole-belly fried clams or any other fried clams in Baja Norte. Not sure why.

Although I don't clam myself, I do buy them sometimes from my neighbors who do. I don't eat the local ones raw- but I do grind the large Quohaugs up to make baked stuffed clams.

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
dianaji
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-28-2009 at 10:32 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Whole belly fried clams! Nantasket Beach. Yum. Yes, you are indeed from New England- everyone else knows and eats only "clam strips". I've never seen whole-belly fried clams or any other fried clams in Baja Norte. Not sure why.

Although I don't clam myself, I do buy them sometimes from my neighbors who do. I don't eat the local ones raw- but I do grind the large Quohaugs up to make baked stuffed clams.

it's cause i haven't arrived yet. i will meet and become friends with the owner of a baja eaterie and ask him/her if they can just dip them in flour or breadcrumbs and they will have a best seller...yes! yes! yes!

and yeah, i sure miss the maine lobster stuffed with lobster too!:bounce:.

castaway$
Senior Nomad

Mood: Fish on!

[*] posted on 2-28-2009 at 10:43 AM

Its a little farther south but the chocolate clams that santiago makes at Restaurant Playa Pichulingue are killer and the atmosphere isn't to bad either.

Live Indubiously!
Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 2-28-2009 at 11:05 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

it's cause i haven't arrived yet. i will meet and become friends with the owner of a baja eaterie and ask him/her if they can just dip them in flour or breadcrumbs and they will have a best seller...yes! yes! yes!

and yeah, i sure miss the maine lobster stuffed with lobster too!:bounce:.

You will always miss the "real" lobster. The local critters are not the same in species or taste. Lobster rolls? Nada aqui.

CostCo sometimes gets bags of live Maine "steamer clams" which can be shucked and used for frying. I'm glad peolpe had places for baked, bbq and stuffed clams and oysters- but as you know- there's nothing like a whole belly fried clam.

[Edited on 2-28-2009 by Woooosh]

dianaji
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-28-2009 at 11:12 AM

Quote:
You will always miss the "real" lobster. The local critters are the same in species or taste. Lobster rolls? Nada aqui.

CostCo sometimes gets live Maine "steamer clams" which can be shucked and used for frying. I'm glad peolpe had places for baked, bbq and stuffed clams and oysters- but as you know- there's nothing like a whole belly fried clam.

are u saying fried clams cannot be made with clams from baja? there is a stand in la fonda that sells fish tacos and i asked her if they had fried clam tacos, and she held up a clam and asked if i meant that and then said yes. perhaps she couldn't understand what i wanted. next time i will ask her to make one. also, there is a restaurant across the street from maganas and i was told she would have whatever her to make...we shall see.:biggrin:

dianaji
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-28-2009 at 11:14 AM

how do u say fried clams in spanish? frito clam???

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.