Author: Subject: Mexico fishing permits available online
BajaNews
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 3-2-2009 at 12:06 PM
Mexico fishing permits available online

http://www.dailybreeze.com/sports/ci_11793718

By Phil Friedman
02/26/2009

Arturo Martinez, Deputy Director of Visitor assistance for Baja California, announced that anglers are now able to purchase Mexican Fishing Permits online by going to: http://www.DiscoverBajaCalifornia.Com

Baja California has become the first state in Mexico to offer this service to anglers worldwide and 24/7.

"This is a big deal," said Don Ashley from Pierpoint Landing in Long Beach. "In the past, if you wanted to go fishing on a weekend in Mexican waters, you were pretty much out of luck. This new service does away with all of that."

Martinez said with a credit card, anglers could purchase and print their documents in a few minutes. Martinez will have a booth at the Fred Hall Fishing Tackle and Boat Show in Long Beach (which starts March 4) to show anglers just how easy this new service is.

Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-2-2009 at 12:14 PM

http://www.conapescasandiego.org/contenido.cfm?cont=LICENSE_...

This takes a bit longer but avoids the membership fee and the upcharge for the on-line service.
Mail in your check and receive your license within a week or so.

I typically call Discover for my insurance and any needed FMTs or fishing licenses.
They used to have boat licenses as well, when they were required.
Discover Baja Travel CLub membership is around $35.

This is a great service for those in Baja with credit card and phone access or those who "forgot".

[Edited on 3-2-2009 by Diver]
BajaNews
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 3-2-2009 at 01:02 PM

discoverbajacalifornia.com is the Baja California State Tourism site.

discoverbaja.com is the travel club located in San Diego.

:biggrin:

Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-2-2009 at 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNews
discoverbajacalifornia.com is the Baja California State Tourism site.

discoverbaja.com is the travel club located in San Diego.

:biggrin:

Ah ha, my mistake.
It looks like this is a new and separate site from Discover Baja Travel Club.
No membership required !!
Sounds wonderful - Shari, you are in business !!
msteve1014
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-2-2009 at 01:10 PM

As a side note.... Conapesca is NOT keeping up with change in the peso vs. the dollar. It is much cheaper to buy your license in Baja than S.D. Also a lot more trouble. You make your choise.
BajaBruno
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 3-2-2009 at 02:06 PM

discoverbajacalifornia.com seems to be just for the state of Baja. Does a Baja fishing license cover Baja Sur as well? I have always gotten my license in Baja, even when I was fishing Baja Sur, assuming it was a federal license and applied to both places, but maybe that was presumption.

Is a Baja fishing license usable in Baja Sur?

Also the site reads, "You can easily obtain your Fishing and Boat licenses in any State Tourism Offices, conveniently located within the state, at Tijuana, Rosarito, Ensenada, San Felipe and Bahía de Los Angeles."

Ahhh, "easily" has not been my experience, though admittedly I have only gone the hard way in La Paz. Maybe it is easier in Baja norte.

Christopher Bruno, Elk Grove, CA.
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-2-2009 at 02:30 PM

Hmmmm, I tried the site and it says payment must be in cash to one of their offices.
When I click on "get permit" the remainder of the site is in Spanish.

Not so much help after all ??
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-2-2009 at 02:39 PM

click on the little flag for English..then you need to set up an account...and then pretty straight-forward

msteve1014
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-2-2009 at 02:50 PM

I got mine also. The exchange came out to $37.56 on a wells fargo card. Now we will see how long it takes to get the permit by mail.
24baja
Senior Nomad

Mood: Wishing we were in BOLA

[*] posted on 3-3-2009 at 11:12 AM

We got ours also, worked great was able to print off at time of purchase. Have found a thread to get visa on line, cost is a bit more, but no stopping at border. I will start a thread with a link. Connie
Don Alley
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-3-2009 at 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBruno
discoverbajacalifornia.com seems to be just for the state of Baja. Does a Baja fishing license cover Baja Sur as well? I have always gotten my license in Baja, even when I was fishing Baja Sur, assuming it was a federal license and applied to both places, but maybe that was presumption.

Is a Baja fishing license usable in Baja Sur?

I could be wrong, but it is my understanding that the money for license sales now stays in the state where the license was sold. But the license IS federal, and a license for saltwater sport fishing is good for all ocean fishing, except from the large San Diego party boats. Those require a different permit.

With these web-based sales Baja Norte officials could generate money from anglers intending to fish in other areas of Mexico. That may be viewed a flaw in the system, or it could be viewed as a good incentive to encourage the sale of licenses and enforcement of license laws. Perhaps there is a relationship between the local retention of license money and the stepped up enforcement efforts mention on other threads in this forum.
msteve1014
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2009 at 06:20 AM

we have been hearing for awhile now that if you buy a license in BCS it helps to fund work in BCS. I would love to do that, but they make it so hard if you are not going to one of the larger citys. This online thing is a big improvement, and I am sure it will help sell more licenses.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 3-4-2009 at 08:28 AM

We finally figured out how to get fishing licenses on-line here in the outback but man, it is a real complicated process but can be done and I just print out your license for ya and pay through my bank...whew...finally.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
BirdDog
Nomad

Mood: Desperate to move to Baja

[*] posted on 3-4-2009 at 09:47 AM

Awesome info. Can't wait to try it out.
bajajurel
Nomad

Mood: Fishing for fun

[*] posted on 9-3-2010 at 11:54 AM

I just purchased my Mexican Fishing permit on-line at the following site -

http://www.bestbajafishing.org/fishing-permits.php

It then redirects you to the following site

https://www2.ebajacalifornia.gob.mx/Pesca/

It was a relatively painless effort. You need to establish a log on ID which is your email address + a password. Then you receive an email with a link to print out your permit. I haven't seen the credit card charge but expect it to be around U.S. $41. It looks just like the permit from last year I bought at Squidco in San Diego.

There is one issue - when purchasing on line there is a pull down menu to select one of the following, 1-Aguas de Jurisdiccion Federal; 2 -Pacific Ocean; 3 - Gulf of Mexico. I chose Aguas de Jurisdiccion Federal. The license I purchased last year the Zona de Pesca was blank. I called Mexico Department of Fisheries Office in San Diego and they don't have a clue. They just know that Baja is offering this.

According to the web site "The resources obtained from the sale of these permits, stay in Baja California and are re-invested to maintain and promote this important tourism activity."

I hope this helps.

bajajurel
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 9-3-2010 at 12:57 PM

this is the site where I get our clients licenses as well if they show up here without one...pretty simple but you need their credit card.

http://www2.ebajacalifornia.gob.mx/Pesca/index.jsp?i=Eua

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-3-2010 at 01:29 PM

Mexico is making baby steps again and that's the good news. FONMAR is the key to the new process. If and when you buy a fishing license in Baja, hand them the money, get the license, that money goes to the local authorities to help the fishery through FONMAR. One day perhaps they will find a way to funnel the funds no matter where or how you buy them, to aid the fishery you will fish in. Sad that most online services probably buy licenses by the box from CONAPESCA and the money goes to that local office, then to Mexico to the big black hole. Sadder that many times Mexico runs out of licenses and then our choices are don't fish or send the money to the big black hole til they print some more.
bajajurel
Nomad

Mood: Fishing for fun

[*] posted on 9-8-2010 at 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajajurel
I just purchased my Mexican Fishing permit on-line at the following site -

http://www.bestbajafishing.org/fishing-permits.php

It then redirects you to the following site

https://www2.ebajacalifornia.gob.mx/Pesca/

It was a relatively painless effort. You need to establish a log on ID which is your email address + a password. Then you receive an email with a link to print out your permit. I haven't seen the credit card charge but expect it to be around U.S. $41. It looks just like the permit from last year I bought at Squidco in San Diego.

There is one issue - when purchasing on line there is a pull down menu to select one of the following, 1-Aguas de Jurisdiccion Federal; 2 -Pacific Ocean; 3 - Gulf of Mexico. I chose Aguas de Jurisdiccion Federal. The license I purchased last year the Zona de Pesca was blank. I called Mexico Department of Fisheries Office in San Diego and they don't have a clue. They just know that Baja is offering this.

According to the web site "The resources obtained from the sale of these permits, stay in Baja California and are re-invested to maintain and promote this important tourism activity."

I hope this helps.

The credit charge just came through today and it was U.S. $40.70 from Gobierno Del Edo B Cal Mexicali.

bajajurel

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.