Author: Subject: El Rosario...
BajaCactus
Senior Nomad

Mood: Helpful

[*] posted on 6-5-2004 at 04:36 PM
El Rosario...

Quote:
Originally posted by Grove
BUT i'm really dying to know whatever happened to Anacleto; he of the big silver pistolas that he proudly displayed on his gunbelt.

Grove...
Anacleto.... could you describe him a little bit more. How long ago did you knew him? Where in town did he lived?

I am curious to know who are you talking about because my grandfather name was Anacleto, however almost no one knew he had that name... and he used to wear some pistols...... but he died long ago...could it be?... Did anybody else knew him...???

Antonio M.
BajaCactus
"Where the Baja is much more than a dream..."
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-6-2004 at 02:50 AM

Last we heard he was still kicking. Just not as hard. He still lives in the same rancho across the carretera from K55. I will see if any one has an update.

I have fond memories of him cruising thru camp on his horse and having trouble remaining upright in the saddle due to too much firewater running thru his veins.

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-6-2004 at 07:44 AM

Just drove by K-55 yesterday....and was thinking of the waves from many years ago...and how a guy on horseback used to come collect a dollar from us for camping but we tried not to pay him and would argue and leave before he could collect...don't remember the pistols.....
BajaCactus
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2004 at 07:15 PM
Really a character...

I do not know him... definitely he was not my grandfather... let me ask around... you woke up my curiosity.... I will let you know what I find out....

Thanks for the info, very interesting.

Antonio M.
BajaCactus
academicanarchist
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2004 at 06:41 AM
Rosario Photos

Antonio. I have really enjoyed the old photos of Rosario you have posted. In your search, did you find any old photos of the mission ruins? Gracias de ante mano.
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2004 at 07:21 AM
El Rosario

Antonio, do you know Tacho the mechanic and ex diver/fisherman?
BajaCactus
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2004 at 06:15 PM

academicanarchist....
Not yet, however I found out that it was my great-great grandmother the one responsible for taking care of the church wich was build infront of the mission, and eventually replaced, therefore, some of my fathers old relatives do have very old photos wich I am trying to retrieve...

Jrbaja....

I believe I know who are you talking about... yes I think he is the same person ... why...???.... is your car broken...???...:D

Antonio M.
BajaCactus
BajaCactus
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2004 at 07:56 PM
Thanks....

Grover....of course I would be glad to help out with the spanish language... just let me know what you need ... it will be my pleasure.

Now, about the air conditioning.. I am a bit confused.... is that an air conditioning for a office and/or home, or is that for an automobile.???:?:

Antonio M.
BajaCactus
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2004 at 06:11 AM
Grover and anyone else

Although a bit far away, the best mechanic in Baja is in El Centenario. If anyone needs assistance, I have his contact info.
BajaCactus
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2004 at 08:22 PM
Mechanic...???

Quote:

Grover posted...I'm in the market for a little Air Conditioning work(swap to a new compressor and vacuum/recharge) and was wondering if you might know of anybody Good with that in El Rosario/San Quintin

Grover... There are three guys around that could do this job for you, but I really do not know how good they are... let me ask around and I will let you know what I found..

Antonio M.
BajaCactus
"Where the baja is much more than a dream..."

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.