BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Volaris Airlines - R/T Tijuana to La Paz for $66.
BMG
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-13-2009 at 04:25 PM
Volaris Airlines - R/T Tijuana to La Paz for $66.

A friend just forwarded me the email below. Sounds like an incredibly good deal if you can take advantage of it immediately. I did not personally research this offer and have never flown Volaris.

>>>

You've heard me talk and write about Volaris Airline before. It's a great alternative to La Paz via Tijuana. They pick you up in San Diego and shuttle you right to the Volaris terminal at Tijuana airport. Then, it's onto brand new airbus jets with leather seats, legroom and great service. Even TV sets.

Everyone has been raving about this. They'll pick you right up from the San Diego train station for $15 and right to the terminal so you don't have to stop at the border.

They have been offering flights as low as 165.00 ROUND trip recently!

Well, until Monday, they have an incredible sale...$66 ROUND TRIP, but only until Monday! Tickets are good until the end of the year!

Here is their website: http://www.volaris.com.mx/Inicio.aspx?culture=en-US

Seats are going fast. The VP of marketing contacted us directly about this.

Let us know if you have questions. This is ONLY good until MONDAY but the tickets are good all year!

Also, we've found out that they have just struck a partnership with Southwest Airlines and will be offering routes through almost all the routes that Southwest flies starting in July. Check it out!!!

I think the world is run by C- students.
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-13-2009 at 04:35 PM

Shouldn't pack your bags quite yet. When the code share agreement was reached last November, Southwest had no flights to Mexico and Volaris had none to the U.S. As it turns out, Volaris selected Fort Lauderdale as their first international destination where they can funnel Southwest passengers to their home airport in Toluca, and thereafter to all their destinations. So, at least for 2009, I really don't see any west coast folks looking to get to Cabo or La Paz via Ft. Lauderdale and Toluca. Just a guess.:lol:
Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 3-13-2009 at 04:40 PM

We just used Volaris last week from TJ to Monterrey. Aout $100 each way ($60 fare and $40 in fees). They only do business in mexico and only take pesos I think. We shipped two dogs and they made it just fine too.

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 3-13-2009 at 07:14 PM

I flew volaris to Toluca and loved it...free booze and super nice attendants.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Bomberro
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2009 at 06:03 AM

I tried this morning for a couple of dates, one in April and one in May and could only find prices close to 2500 pesos. Are there only a few dates? Are there only certain days of the week?
Alan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2009 at 09:21 AM

Strange? For the dates I checked it is only $245Mx to get there but $1485MX to return?

In Memory of E-57
fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 3-14-2009 at 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Alan
Strange? For the dates I checked it is only $245Mx to get there but $1485MX to return?

Same here, I can't find a return date for less.

A well informed Baja California traveler is a smart Baja California traveler!
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2009 at 10:41 AM

If you will note, BMG said, "seats are going fast". Volaris put up a limited number of the discounted seats, not unlike what other airlines do during promotions. The early bird catches the worm.
BMG
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2009 at 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd

If you will note, BMG said, "seats are going fast".

Nope. BMG said, "A friend just forwarded me the email below. Sounds like an incredibly good deal if you can take advantage of it immediately. I did not personally research this offer and have never flown Volaris."

I think the world is run by C- students.
Fred
Senior Nomad

Mood: Laid Back

[*] posted on 3-14-2009 at 02:26 PM

Thanks for the info. I want to go to Guadalajara and the fare in May was 2244.83 pesos from TJ.
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2009 at 02:45 PM

I stand corrected. I should have said that in BMG's post, it said.....

Volaris has been a resounding success. Patterned after the Southwest/ Jet Blue model. Such things as a single aircraft type, having as little time on the ground as possible, Etc. Where they differ is the free drinks. But since they have a lower cost structure simply because their labor is virtually all Mexican, they can probably afford to absorb the cost of a drink. Their timing was good too. Filling a vacuum created with the collapse of Aerocalifornia, an airline that flew many of the same routes. For trivia buffs, the Aerocalifornia fleet was ancient. They flew a bunch of old DC-9s that were previously used by Hughes Airwest and Republic Airlines. New Airbus planes on Volaris are a tad nicer.
bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

Mood: words cannot describe...

[*] posted on 3-14-2009 at 08:02 PM

still better than the alternative!

Friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel.
dianaji
Senior Nomad

Mood: hungry for knowledge, simplicity, hugs and fish tacos!

[*] posted on 3-14-2009 at 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BMG
A friend just forwarded me the email below. Sounds like an incredibly good deal if you can take advantage of it immediately. I did not personally research this offer and have never flown Volaris.

>>>

You've heard me talk and write about Volaris Airline before. It's a great alternative to La Paz via Tijuana. They pick you up in San Diego and shuttle you right to the Volaris terminal at Tijuana airport. Then, it's onto brand new airbus jets with leather seats, legroom and great service. Even TV sets.

Everyone has been raving about this. They'll pick you right up from the San Diego train station for $15 and right to the terminal so you don't have to stop at the border.

Well, until Monday, they have an incredible sale...$66 ROUND TRIP, but only until Monday! Tickets are good until the end of the year!

Let us know if you have questions. This is ONLY good until MONDAY but the tickets are good all year!

Also, we've found out that they have just struck a partnership with Southwest Airlines and will be offering routes through almost all the routes that Southwest flies starting in July. Check it out!!!

dianaji
Senior Nomad

Mood: hungry for knowledge, simplicity, hugs and fish tacos!

[*] posted on 3-14-2009 at 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BMG

>>>

sorry, didn't mean to post before finishing...

anyway, if anyone knows if this is true, i wanna go! i'll take any day available. let me know before monday. or at least give me some contact for the airline. thanks, diana

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.