Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Dona Lupe winery
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 3-15-2009 at 07:41 AM
Dona Lupe winery

on a tip from Keri at the Pyramid Resort last sunday we set out to find the Dona Lupe winery. if you go out to LA Cetto on the dirt road, instead of turning left into their compound you continue on the dirt road until it ends at a small block building with striped parking spaces. We spoke with the Dona about the various cheeses, wines, jellys, olive oils and sampled 3-4 wines. anyone ever heard of honey wine???? very sweet! everything is grown organically. it is a magnificent place. they even take credit cards!

check it out!

Fred
Senior Nomad

Mood: Laid Back

[*] posted on 3-15-2009 at 12:27 PM

Woody great place. Been going there for years, but with the new building and bus tours her prices are ???????? Great hot sauce still and a nice patio to sit and have a glass of wine or something to eat.....or maybe even a beer.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 3-15-2009 at 12:33 PM

prices are up everywhere but if we can't afford it we don't buy it. our fiends from chicago were really stoked on their first winery. whenever possible, we'd rather support the little guy/gal than feed the machine. glad we missed the bus tours????!!!!!????!!!!!!:?:

thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 3-15-2009 at 01:06 PM
"Fiends" from Chicago (Freudian moment?)

Quote:
Originally posted by woody in ob
prices are up everywhere but if we can't afford it we don't buy it. our fiends from chicago were really stoked on their first winery. whenever possible, we'd rather support the little guy/gal than feed the machine. glad we missed the bus tours????!!!!!????!!!!!!:?:

O.K.
Seriously,
Dona Lupe is a real treasure after visiting the big "factory place" out front...
Tifosi
Junior Nomad

Mood: Baja on my mind

[*] posted on 3-16-2009 at 05:46 PM

Dona Lupe is a great little winery! I love the small feel especially after visiting the giant up the street. Dona Lupe has great olive oil. I just used some on my veggies that I'm sautéing right now.

Another good small winery is Vinisterra. Personal tours by the family and tastings are small intimate affairs if you make a reservation.

Tifosi

[Edited on 3-17-2009 by Tifosi]
Fred
Senior Nomad

Mood: Laid Back

[*] posted on 3-17-2009 at 01:37 PM

Woody......I agree with you 100%. I stop at Dona Lupe everytime down. I always buy hot sauce and olive oil. I love to support small business as that is what I had in Vegas. I still go to the small "Mom & Pop" stores here in town. Also love to stop at almost every veggie stand, house when I see a "cheese" sign and local mini marts (like in Punta Bandfa). Yes, you are lucky you missed the tour bus. I just sat by the side of my van and ate lunch and had a couple of beers while waiting. I camp just about 1 mile down the highway(deaf school), so I can start on the beers early

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.