Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: RV lot rental, long term-Loreto to La Ribera
rockyinkc

Mood: Baja Dreaming

[*] posted on 3-30-2009 at 06:42 AM
RV lot rental, long term-Loreto to La Ribera

Hello, our names are Rocky & Vicki Dickerson, we are newly retired (blue collar types) we are looking for long term rental for our 5th wheel.
We live in SW. NM. and came from MO.
We want a safe place to leave our RV, near the sea of Cortez--we have been as far south as Loreto in 2000. We would like to find a spot between Loreto to La Paz, and south as far as La Ribera.
We do not smoke, love the outdoors, and of course catch big fish!
We would spend ?? Jan. thru April---there--and maybe a little in Jun?? July to catch some (bigger fish??)
Let us know what might fit our needs--and price, as we would need?? full hook-ups--or be able to get them??
e-mail us at--
rockyvicki@gmail.com
ps, we do not speak Spanish, but are willing to learn--thanks, Rocky
or u2u
I added some points further South--bump

[Edited on 4-3-2009 by rockyinkc]

[Edited on 4-5-2009 by rockyinkc]

[Edited on 4-5-2009 by rockyinkc]
mike odell
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-30-2009 at 11:08 AM

Rocky,
Check you u2u box
dianaji
Senior Nomad

Mood: hungry for knowledge, simplicity, hugs and fish tacos!

[*] posted on 3-30-2009 at 11:45 AM

i have a nice safe place, however, in la mision.

rockyinkc

[*] posted on 4-2-2009 at 05:06 PM
I extended further south!

kinda like a bump!
I extended further south from La Paz-to La Ribera--open to suggestions-thanks, Rocky

Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-2-2009 at 05:51 PM

Didn't djh have a lot in Loreto he was renting for RVs ?
Maybe U2 or email him ?
rockyinkc

[*] posted on 4-2-2009 at 07:05 PM

yes I did--but dang it, he said he could only get a 27' or 28' max in there!
we have a 35' 5th wheel, that we want to leave down in Baja--for at least 5yrs. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Rocky
djh
Senior Nomad

Mood: Mellow fellow, plays a yellow cello...

[*] posted on 4-2-2009 at 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diver
Didn't djh have a lot in Loreto he was renting for RVs ?
Maybe U2 or email him ?

Thanks for the referral, Diver !

I'm not quite ready yet... I'll most likely be down to Loreto again in June to do a few more upgrades (fence, electric, plumbing, tree pruning, plant a few fruit trees, etc..)

I hope to be able to (long term only) lease spots for 2 or 3 RV's soon after that.

I want to have lots of open space, so I'll likely only try to accommodate a total of 4 (one of them mine !)

BTW, because of the width of my street and gate, I'll only be able to fit about 28' rigs (maybe a little longer if a 5th wheel).

BTW, I did U2U with Rocky & Vicky and share this info. Nice folks!

PS. Rocky & Vicky, keep in touch. You can sure check out my property in Loreto and see if you think you could squeeze in there with your 35 foot 5th wheel. Maybe you're a better driver than me...!?

djh

Its all just stuff and some numbers.
A day spent sailing isn\'t deducted from one\'s life.
Peace, Love, and Music
rockyinkc

[*] posted on 4-2-2009 at 09:39 PM
need 5th wheel backer

Thanks so much djh for still thinking of us, we just loved the Loreto area. We were there in 2000/April, and were catching 40# yellowtail, and then taking our fillets on our ATV down to the La Palapa restaurant, and having them cook them for us.
Where can we park our RV in Loreto, short term, while we look around, before we stayed at Villa De Loreto--but think they have almost gone private--plus we just had a pick-up camper on that trip.
djh, I sure can't back that 5th wheel better than you, but I sure would pay someone, if I could get it in there!! Rocky
Phil S
Super Nomad

Mood: After 34 years. Still in love w/ my wife

[*] posted on 4-4-2009 at 11:40 AM

Rocky. While in Loreto, drive down to Juncalito. Take the first road at the bottom of the hill from the highway (left) Drive north about 1,000' (????) Look for on the right hand side for a dirt road that turns right (there is a white porcelain toilet sitting back from the road so you'll know this is the right dirt one lane road.) Go until you come to a gate that during the day may be open. Proceed in, and if not approached by the Mexican owner on the right hand side, keep going. Lane will make a slight turn to the left, and will head north. You will see r.v.'s set up at the end. Several are Oregonians. Great folks. Stop. Visit. There was at one time, two spaces available. Very close to the beach, but not driveable access. You will need to go in another direction to get to the beach via driving. I had friends who had leased space there couple years ago, recently sold their leasehold interests. There is water, but no electricity. some use generators. Other solar. We used two solar panels, and 2 Trojan 6 volt patteries, tied to the batteries in our tow trailer at Rattlesnake Beach. Worked great for us for four months at a time. Only at Rattlesnake you need to haul water, and haul away sewage. I'm hearing that Rattlesnake is now closed?????????????????? but you should be safe at this location. Anyone know the Mexicans name that lives at this place????? I met him couple years ago, but my Senior Moment doesn't have recall anymore for his name.????

[Edited on 4-4-2009 by Phil S]
rhintransit
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-4-2009 at 12:02 PM

I second the El Juncalito idea....I'm a resident. a number of places available, range from ocean front to back in the 'woods' so to speak. u2u me for specifics/questions, I can refer you to appropriate folks. a caution, the area that Russ (?) referred to, our very own 'commode road' and area south of the dirt road on the beach in, is currently for sale. if/when that will actually happen is up in the air, but... well, many buts, too many to list here but ASK the gringos before you sign anything in that area. also rates are going up in the rest of the area, but you should be able to get a five year lease for around 3k/yr. various palapas in various states are 'for sale' but you also need to lease the land.
if you've bigger bucks, Tripui is nice, safe, gated, more upscale AND has electricity, phone service, etc. the trailer park there, separate management, is basic but you could probably work out a deal to leave your fifth wheel there the months you aren't in Baja for a pretty reasonable rate.

reality\'s never been of much use out here...
rhintransit
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-4-2009 at 12:03 PM

oops, that was PHIL, not Russ. sorry. senior moment

reality\'s never been of much use out here...
Loretana
Senior Nomad

Mood: alegre

[*] posted on 4-4-2009 at 12:39 PM
Loreto lot

Hi, Rocky and Vicky

I have a very nice 3000 sq foot lot with a security wall and utility hook ups that just might be the ticket for your trailer.

It is located on Calle Preparatoria between Davis and Madero in back of the Hotel Desert Inn.

It is just one short block from the beach. :yes:
I had my trailer in there while I was supervising the construction of our family beach house north of town.

u2u me for more details. :dudette:

[Edited on 4-5-2009 by Loretana]

"If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration."
-Nikola Tesla
LaTijereta
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-5-2009 at 08:18 AM
Check Out..

Here is nice spot in Loreto, that come highly recomended

http://riveradelmar.com/

Democracy is like two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

Ben Franklin (1759)
Phil S
Super Nomad

Mood: After 34 years. Still in love w/ my wife

[*] posted on 4-5-2009 at 08:58 AM

The idea about Tripui just range a bell. A friend leased a rental spot, within the development. Said it was very reasonable. I think Alma & her husband (????) own many lots that were returned to them after the fire by the "walk aways". I love that place!!!! If you can live when your there, "in a development", seriously consider Tripui. We had many friends there years ago, and a great 'community" atmosphere!!!!!(disregarding Alma's strange behavior sometimes.
rockyinkc

[*] posted on 4-5-2009 at 12:26 PM

Let thank all who have replied!
LaTijereta--that place you suggested looks like a good place to operate out of Loreto (while looking for long term)
We have not been to Loreto since 2000, and then we stayed at Villa Da Loreto--(think they have almost gone private-on RV spaces?)

Phil S--I did not go back in there in the day--and I did read about that terrible fire they had--I will scout it out.

We plan on dragging our 35' 5th wheel down this fall--and do not intend to bring it back!! If we can't find what were looking for this time, I plan on storing it somewhere between Loreto & La Paz.
Then comming back, with a few toys, we will drag the toys back-to US, but will leave camper somwhere-unknown at this time.

We have never been to the East Cape--and I here the fishing is great--and that's what we want--small boat-great fishing--
Rocky

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.