Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: TA DA, It is done!!!!
Bajabus
Senior Nomad

Mood: My friends..it's good.

[*] posted on 6-9-2004 at 06:15 PM
TA DA, It is done!!!!

Doug is too bashful to say it perhaps but I want to be the first to announce that the off topic forum no longer comes up under todays posts.

I hope we can all get along now!

I don't want to hear anymore whining.

"Preventive war was an invention of Hitler. Frankly I would not even listen to anyone seriously that came and talked of such a thing." Dwight David Eisenhower
Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2004 at 06:44 PM

I think that was a mature decision (what would I know about that???).

I will visit the Off Topic forum often, daily in fact, but it is so far away from Baja it will be nice to have an additional option on bajanomads.

I also think that we should be respectful of the percentage of our number that post almost exclusively on Off Subject. It's all good stuff, if argumentative at times. We certainly don't need another off-Baja subject to find fight with.

Let's hope for another win-win!
Bajabus
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2004 at 07:03 PM

As someone who enjoys the off topic area and engaging in spirited respectful debate I was happy to take the initiative in helping Doug find a solution that hopefully will reduce the anxiety of those with no click discipline and high blood pressure.

I just put a link in my favorites that goes to the off-topic board and from there I use todays posts to see the rest. Not to onerous.

"Preventive war was an invention of Hitler. Frankly I would not even listen to anyone seriously that came and talked of such a thing." Dwight David Eisenhower
Bajabus
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2004 at 07:14 PM

Grover I did not do any of the programing, Doug did it, I just found the resources that helped him. Some times it's easier to have some help taking the first step and clearing the path.

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-9-2004 at 07:17 PM

Thanks Doug... My goal in suggesting this was not to 'dis the off topic users, but to keep the Baja forums alive with new Nomads and the return of the 'old timers' as well. Off Topic (non-Baja) Forum is still there and anyone can go there whenever they want. But, the daily American politics and news (many go to Mexico to escape) won't be staring us in the face when we click on Today's Posts for our daily dose of Baja Nomad contributions and questions & answers. ?Viva Baja Nomad y Viva Doug!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Packoderm
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2004 at 01:29 AM

I'm sure it's still better than Fred's board, but I liked how the Off-Topic broke up the mix. Now the Off-Topic section seems a bit like a dark-alley kook's corner where I'm not sure I really want to be seen. If it brings higher correspondence on this board, it is most likely a good move.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2004 at 04:03 AM

Thanks Doug: Skeet/Loreto
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2004 at 08:04 AM
Thanks

It's great to be able to decide when I want to agitate myself.

:biggrin:

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 6-10-2004 at 08:24 AM

Doug,

I think Bajalou nailed it!

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
meme
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2004 at 08:25 AM

Thanks Doug! appreciate the service!!;)
jeans
Super Nomad

Mood: Encantada

[*] posted on 6-10-2004 at 12:53 PM
Muy better

Thank you....:yes:

Mom always told me to be different - Now she says...Not THAT different

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.