Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Ensenada to Tecate
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 4-8-2009 at 04:34 PM
Ensenada to Tecate

We had read bad reports about this stretch, with the construction out of Ensenada.
We took it last Friday and it was great.
Yeah, there was construction, but we stayed on paved sections throughout, couple of places had a flagman to keep things moving, and we had absolutely no delay, nor any frustration.
It ended right there at Mustafa/CorreCamino, and having a chance to eat at either place is still a delight.
This time it was CC, and the food was terrific!
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2009 at 07:06 PM

Thanks for the latest info----

we agree about CC-have always had good food and service there

Diane

Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 4-8-2009 at 07:45 PM

Diane has it right on the money also!

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

fixtrauma
Nomad

Mood: Monomaniac

[*] posted on 4-8-2009 at 11:57 PM

Tuesday morning took Hwy 3 from Tecate to Ensenada. Agree.......smooth sailing, yes some construction close to Ensenada but moved right along and nearly all of the construction was on paved.

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 4-9-2009 at 06:47 AM

it sounds like directions to CC/Mustafa are in order for the unenlightened among us.....

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2009 at 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody in ob
it sounds like directions to CC/Mustafa are in order for the unenlightened among us.....

They're in San Antonio De Las Minas on HWY 3...about half way between HWY 1 and Guadalupe.
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2009 at 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody in ob

Details, details---so you want details. :lol::lol:

Since I often pay little attention to distances, I looked it up--- El Correcaminos Restaurant and Mustafa are located at Km 93 on highway 3----Tecate to Ensenada road.

Now with this aging memory, I think the kms begin in Tecate. Coming from Ensenada I just know Correcaminos is out of the congestion so if we are hungrey, we like to stop there. Coming from Ensenada, it is on the right side of the road---I would give N/S/E/W---but I am also directionally challenged.

We have never tried the other one, but will. Now, how is that for really awful detail? Maybe I will keep the GPS and learn how to use it. :lol:

Seriously, it is a nice peaceful, family style place with good service and food.

Diane

thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2009 at 08:54 AM

Close enough on the directions.
It is mid-way between Ensenada and Guadalupe town (ArcoZarco or some whizbang name)
Anyway, as soon as you enter San Antonio del Minas keep eyes peeled, CorreCamino (which, of course, means 'roadrunner') is on the right and Mustafa on the hill across the street. CC would be south side, Mustafa the north side.
Sadly, the new highway widening is going right up to the front windows of CC, going to really make a problem for them, although the giant tree in front is still intact.
CC has no alcohol and does not allow you to bring it. Very nice sign asks you not to do so.
Mustafa features both Mexican and Middle-Eastern food, and has full bar.
CC is my favorite, they are both excellent.
For my tastes, better than you will find in Ensenada, but that is just my taste.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-9-2009 at 08:59 AM
Thanks for the laugh, Dick!

"ArcoZarco or some whizbang name" :lol::yes:

Francisco Zarco... Does BajaVida hit you when you make jokes like that!?? :lol::lol::lol:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2009 at 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by thebajarunner
Mustafa on the hill across the street

I've been wondering if Mustafa still owns the place. He was trying to sell it around nine/ten years ago. I guess I'll have to go out there and see for myself. It's the best time of the year for that country drive.
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2009 at 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by thebajarunner
Mustafa on the hill across the street

I've been wondering if Mustafa still owns the place. He was trying to sell it around nine/ten years ago. I guess I'll have to go out there and see for myself. It's the best time of the year for that country drive.

Dennis,

Is the owner Mustafa the one with "the daughter"? If so she was working there last year when my son-in law and I stopped in. I had trouble getting him to leave!!!!:cool:

By the way the food was as good as always too.;)

Ken
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2009 at 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken

Is the owner Mustafa the one with "the daughter"?

That's "the one" Ken. The last time I was there, a high talent Gringo guy named Hooly [sp?] was doing a portrait of her, I think in a vineyard setting, on one of the dining room walls.
Oh well, I'm sure I have to go out now just to see how my memory is serving me....and maybe a big, fat bottle of home grown wine. Apple pie, too.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2009 at 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Jorge
Mustafa still owns the place, just had coffee with him last week on our way north.

Thanks, Jorge....that's good to hear. He's a really nice guy. Guess he never made it back to the Old Country as he was planning to do. Maybe it just got too hot over there for him.
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2009 at 03:25 PM
Baja Vida is too busy hanging on to hit me

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
"ArcoZarco or some whizbang name" :lol::yes:

Francisco Zarco... Does BajaVida hit you when you make jokes like that!?? :lol::lol::lol:

One of my boys is from that town, born there, then lived with me in Central Cal, married a pretty Russian girl whose mother still lives right by the museum.

I asked Juan, "So, what is the name of the town, is it Guadalupe or Francisco Zarco /"
and he just smiled and said, "We just call it home."

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.