Author: Subject: Turtle bust
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2010 at 04:31 AM

Thank you Baja Nomad!

ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2010 at 09:01 AM

Rafael it looks like you did the impossible! You shut the Naysayers up. Congratulations. Now if they respond to you in a negative way, it will be because they are just ignoramuses.

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2010 at 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ELINVESTIG8R
Rafael it looks like you did the impossible! You shut the Naysayers up. Congratulations. Now if they respond to you in a negative way, it will be because they are just ignoramuses.

I find the information confusing----does it mean she was found guilty by the courts and there are no appeals left?

Thanks
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2010 at 09:21 AM

Rafael can you answer Diana T's question...Thank you.

Baja&Back
Senior Nomad

Mood: Rarin' to go South!

[*] posted on 10-31-2010 at 09:41 AM

Doug: Why is this person:lol: still on the forum??? :?:
61 pages of garbage plugging your server ...

Barry & Vanda
Baja and Back RV Tours
Vancouver BC Canada / Baja
http://bajaandback.com
MsTerieus
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2010 at 10:27 AM

OK -- After 61 pages of this stuff, I'd appreciate a translation of the Court's summary to which the link, above, leads. Is there no actual Court Opinion in the case, or at least a Judgment???
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-31-2010 at 10:38 AM

:rolleyes:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2010 at 10:44 AM

After reading this thread with all the back and forth accusations, how's the business there?

Other than David, who has supported Munoz from the outset, how many would stop and give them your business? Granted things are slow down south now, but I saw not one car/truck parked at either business last week or 2 passes by over the last year.

Ken
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2010 at 10:48 AM

See Rafael I told you. Pay no attention to anyone saying negative things against you. Geeesh!

tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2010 at 10:55 AM

David,

I justed asked a question, and relayed my observations. Regardless of who is at fault, there has been way too much drama at those properties to entice me to stop in. From what I have observed others seem to agree.

Ken
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2010 at 11:22 AM

I am ashamed of those in here who have lambasted Rafael for no other reason than to be mean or because they blindly elected to give their allegiance to the other party. When Rafael produced his paperwork I absolutely joined in supporting him with respect to the paperwork he produced and placed on his website. I was also willing to wait for a court decision regarding Mark and Olivia involvement in the turtle incident and the drug allegations. It appears that some of those issued may have been resolved by the court. I just want to say that some of you in here are truly evil people or just have an extremely negative personality. I thank God I am not your neighbor or friend.

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2010 at 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ELINVESTIG8R
Rafael can you answer Diana T's question...Thank you.

I do hope that he or someone answers in a very simple way.

Has the court found them guilty and if so guilty of what?
Do they have more appeals available?

While I certainly hope that Mark and Olivia are not guilty of anything, I have tried to keep an open mind because I do know that sometimes people are not who they present themselves to be. Some people are very good at presenting themselves to be who ever you want them to be.

There may be several guilty parties, but maybe guilty of different things.

So after all of this thread, I do hope it will end with some final resolution.
KAT54
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2010 at 01:14 PM

Is Olivia still in Baja?
If she spent $500,000 for a defense,
Why did not she win?
No bribes?
Where are the Drug Friends when you need them?
If drugs come in every 21 days where is the Army?
Why are not they caught?
I do not understand?
Is the hotel open?
Is Narcs place open?
Can I stop there for a quick bite?
Who loaned the money for the BAIL?
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 10-31-2010 at 01:34 PM

Mr. Investigator, you seem to be concluding that parties found guilty in a court of law in Mexico should be viewed as guilty? I mean, guilty of something more than have shallower pockets than the accuser.

Turtle soup? This thread reminds me of Duck Soup.

Here's the scene where Rafael, in the center, is sulking because the Mexican authorities on his left and right want more money to convict the accused.

But, in the end, we are left with a happy ending???

Can't wait to book an "all-inclusive" vacation at the Ramuma Inn. I'm sure I'll sleep soundly. The place has such "history".......................

[Edited on 10-31-2010 by Hook]

Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 10-31-2010 at 01:53 PM

:o The Hwy goes on forever and the party never ends.:biggrin:
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2010 at 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ligui
How does it go ? DAY's of their lives...:(

As the Palapa turns...................

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2010 at 02:45 PM

Rafael, don't listen to the people who heap unsubstantiate B.S. on you. They are sore losers because you were right and they were rooting for the other side to be right. That's what I call sour grapes.

ramuma53
Banned

[*] posted on 10-31-2010 at 06:27 PM

Diana T
The sentence you are reading is from the Supreme Court, but as you see in the last line, she backed off from the appeal, trying to reduce her sentence, but the last news I have, is that the sentence is for 9 years.
She no longer argued that she was innocent in the appeal, she tried to argue that the law was an incomplete one and that there was no law against harming the sea turtles, but the judge just showed her the law and after seeing that her cause was a lost one, she backed off accepting her sentence and guilty verdict.
Her last appeal was against the formal imprisonment order and she lost it, she now have to show herself to prison to start serving her sentence, but I doubt she will show herself, that is why I am calling her, an on the run criminal and it is not only her, her cook too and we think Mark too, but the public sentence does not say because it has the names crossed.
But you have to remember that she is a hardened criminal, she already have one criminal sentence that never complied with, one for fraud against Mr. and Mrs. Christ and also the sentence to 6 years for the Jimmy Higgs injury with intent to kill and she has never served any one of those, she just bribe every police officer near her, but we will try this one in a different way, because it is a federal sentence.
Long gone is any intent to say that it was a setup, she had 20 police and Navy officials saying it was not, she just accepted it at the end.
Now we think that it was a deal with the police to go because of the sea turtle and not for the drugs, they had the drug charges documented, but that meeting between Mark and the Federal Police commander was a very disturbing fact, just hours before her apprehension.
I have the whole sentence and I will upload it to the same webpage, only it is about 50 pages, but a very illustrative 50 pages, where she does not argue that she was serving the sea turtles to clients or that it was a set up by me, she only argue the law was an unconstitutional one.
As we see it now, the one who put her down was Mark Jerome Burbey, because he, right away, said that the sea turtle was not for sale and that literally accept, that they had the sea turtles and that is the worst felony; he was the best prosecution witness together with the Marine who caught her trying to take the stew out the back door, he was the one who had the meeting with the Federal Police commander and the last on using the restaurant telephone and the one who was not there during the raid, just make your own conclusions.
ramuma53
Banned

[*] posted on 10-31-2010 at 06:33 PM

TripledigitKen
Would you believe that she just spent USD$500,000 dollars documented on legal costs and about USD$1´000,000 in undocumented bribes, coming from that loney place, just by selling a few hamburgers a year????? come on, do not pull my leg, a lot of people knew and know what the real business there was.
ramuma53
Banned

[*] posted on 10-31-2010 at 06:38 PM

Diana T
Has the court found them guilty and if so guilty of what?
YES, SHE WAS FOUND GILTY OF HARMING A SEA TURTLE, A PROTECTED SPECIES AND SELING THEM AT HER RESTAURANT, SHE APPEALED TO THE SUPREME FEDERAL COURT, NOT ARGUING THAT SHE DID NOT COOKED THE SEA TURTLES, OR THAT IT WAS A SET UP, SHE ONLY ARGUED THAT THE LAW WAS AN UNCONSTITUTIONAL ONE AND AT THE END, SHE BACKED OFF THE APPEAL ACCEPTING THE FORMAL IMPRISIONMENT ORDER, MEANING SHE ACCEPTED HER GUILT AT THE END.
Do they have more appeals available?
NO, THE SUPREME COURT IS THE SUPREME COURT, THE LAST OPTION AND IT IS GONE, SHE HAS TO GO TO PRISION NOW BUT SHE DID NOT SHOWED UP AS PROMISED IN HER BAIL AND NOW IS AN ON THE RUN CONVICTED CRIMINAL.

[Edited on 11-1-2010 by ramuma53]
 Pages:  1  ..  89    91    93

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.