Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: It really looks like it's going to be another fantastic year
vseasport
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-22-2009 at 04:57 PM
It really looks like it's going to be another fantastic year

Heading south onboard our super panga our Skipper, Juan Diego Romero, and I had a wager as to whether we would see any Humpbacks. In my mind it's a little late in the year for seeing them, especially with it being so warm....no prizes for guessing who lost then! We had barely arrived in the marine park when one of our eagle eyed guests excitedly pointed out two Humpbacks cruising around at the surface, lesson learnt once again then....never bet against local knowledge!

It really looks like it's going to be another fantastic year for diving at Cabo Pulmo. Already the temperature at depth is 73' Fahrenheit and with 60+ feet of visibilty the conditions are the best that I have seen them in April. Large Diamond Stingrays are resting out on the sand, we saw one that appeared to be feeding so we hovered close by, fascinated! We headed out to the north eastern point of the dive site to check out the legions of Yellow and Dog Snapper that can normally be found there, fortunately we remembered to keep glancing up or otherwise we would have missed the 100 or so Smoothtail Mobular Mantas that ghosted by overhead. As usual the place was teeming with Leopard Grouper, one of which was sitting menacingly amidst a school of Burrito Grunts. We watched as several times he unsuccessfully attempted to catch one for his dinner, each time the group split in half and went in different directions and he was left with an empty mouthful. Further south on the reef we saw a Guitar fish hanging out under a ledge, then two more swimming over the rocks, their shark like tails swishing from side to side. Also seen on these dives were Bumphead Parrotfish, Cortez and King Angel Fish, Panamic Green Morays and two different types of Nudibranch along with the usual colourful assortment of reef fish.
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 4-22-2009 at 07:02 PM

Sounds fantastic! I love the east cape and it's been a while.
Can I get some money off the cost if I bring my own gear?
I won't need a wet suit because I dive naked. Does that cost more or less?;D

Just teasing because of that post a while back.
But seriously, can you recommend a hotel near you?

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

vseasport
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2009 at 03:48 PM
But seriously, can you recommend a hotel near you?

All the resorts are relatively small and family owned so it is hard to go wrong. With that being said it does pay to do your home work because each has a different personality and the right choice depends on a persons expectations. Below I have provided a link to the location and resorts page of our web site. It has links to the resorts in Palmas Bay. I am happy to answer more specific questions via e-mail or phone.

http://web.me.com/vseasport/VISTA_SEA_SPORT/_LOCATION_%26_RE...

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.