BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Where to stay in the RV
Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 4-25-2009 at 06:46 PM
Where to stay in the RV

I have a pleasant dilemma. I will be driving my 30 RV from Loreto to Los Barriles (Dave, was that better?) next week. I need to drop of a friend at the Loreto airport around noon and will keep heading South at that point. Due to the late start I feel that without rushing down there, I do not feel like pushing all the way to LB. I like to take my time, let the dog out to run around and it might be too far with such a late start.

Any suggestions where to stay, with or without hook ups, probably North of La Paz? Anything around El Centenario? I realize that I could just pull over and stay the night but it is always nice to meet new people and BS over a beer or wine at an RV park or an area with some type of population.

I am open to suggestions. By the way, I will be staying at Martin Verdugo’s and you can’t miss the “Gringo Express” as I have very unusual California license plates if you want to stop by for some BS and/or a beer

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 4-25-2009 at 06:56 PM

Howard

Check u2u

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 4-25-2009 at 07:12 PM

Howard

Your u2u didn't have a message?

wiley

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
fixtrauma
Nomad

Mood: Monomaniac

[*] posted on 4-26-2009 at 02:26 AM
RV site

Hello Howard,

There is an RV camp site "Campestre Maranatha" between El Centenario and Chemetla at Km-11. Look for the sign on the right side of the road. Laundry facilities, pool, online computer and free wi-fi as well as a free phone call to the states (with purchase) at Cafe Exquisito on the property out by the hwy. You will find the host Cindy and Jose very friendly and hospitable.

Below are a few pictures from inside the camp ground. The entrance is on the side road not on Hwy 1. Here is Cindy's number if you want to call ahead. 6121246275

[Edited on 4-26-2009 by fixtrauma]

Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 4-26-2009 at 05:27 AM
Howard

comitan and fixtruama have already given you some good advice on finding a RV Park in the La Paz area, and I will second the choice of Marantha Park on the outskirts of La Paz. I left my home in Coyote Bay (62 miles north of Loreto) at about 2 pm and arrived at this park just at dusk. Very convenient and east to find, located on main highway..on your right as you are headed south. Also the cafe next door has wi-fi internet and a very good bagel/egg/bacon breakfast sandwich. Bring your laptop like me and have your coffee & breakfast while checking your emails.

for fixtrauma: Here's an interesting coincidence. We must have stayed in the site right next to where your fifth wheel is shown. I recognize that one farthest motorhome. We were just there a couple nights ago. ;D

We also thought it was a great place to spend the night.

If you only get as far south as Ciudad Constitucion, then watch for Manfred's RV Park on the east side (on left if southbound). Have not stayed at Manfred's for maybe 6-7 years, but it was very nice then as I recall. (Manfred is/was very 'interesting')

There is another RV Park south of La Paz, on your right if still southbound, but I cannot remember it's name. No matter, you will see the large RV Park sign. This was a quick overnighter with full hookups, but I don't think it had a cafe or store. Otherwise very adequate.

There are one or two more, but further south than you wanted to drive in one day. Hope you have some great experiences and write a report later about what you found. Happy trails.

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 4-26-2009 at 07:19 AM

Thank you everyone for exactly the information that I was looking for.

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

Baja&Back
Senior Nomad

Mood: Rarin' to go South!

[*] posted on 4-26-2009 at 10:40 AM

Note to all: Manfred's RV Park is now Las Misiones RV park. Patricia and Jaime have cleaned up the place & have a new palapa restaurant. Try their Shrimp Scampi Diablo!!!

Barry & Vanda
Baja and Back RV Tours
Vancouver BC Canada / Baja
http://bajaandback.com
fixtrauma
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2009 at 12:57 AM
Pompano

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay a Campestre Maranatha. The area where the row of RV sites is where my bro-in-law used to have his runway. I helped put in that first row of RV sites in about 7-8 years ago.

Hope I am there the next time you stop in.

Howard......if you stop at Campestre Maranatha, say hello to Cindy for me!

Don

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 4-27-2009 at 06:13 AM

Runway?!
what RW?

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
fixtrauma
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2009 at 07:22 AM
Runway

He flew in and out of there from about 1959 - 1969. I will get you a photo.......got to find it. Of course with LAP being built out in that area, that also helped stop using that strip.

Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2009 at 08:38 AM

If you decide to stop in Constitucion, I think that Palapa 206 which is just south of town is the best RV Park. In the old days if you stopped at Manfred's you just ended up angry as he overcharged for everything, but certainly new owners could change that.
Palapa 206 is at Kilometer 206 just south of town.
Maranatha is a very nice park and if you need to be closer to La Paz there is the Casa Blanca RV Park which is a little closer to town.

fixtrauma
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2009 at 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pescador
If you decide to stop in Constitucion, I think that Palapa 206 which is just south of town is the best RV Park. In the old days if you stopped at Manfred's you just ended up angry as he overcharged for everything, but certainly new owners could change that.
Palapa 206 is at Kilometer 206 just south of town.
Maranatha is a very nice park and if you need to be closer to La Paz there is the Casa Blanca RV Park which is a little closer to town.

We were at Campestre Maranatha over Easter and multiple RVers came in looking for a place to camp while we were there telling us that Casa Blanca RV Park is closed and was taking no business!

Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-28-2009 at 03:53 PM

Oh my goodness, that means that all of the caravans will not be trying to park at Casa Blanca. After watching several guys trying to park their big rigs last year at Carnaval, that may be a good thing. It was pretty tight and I watched 1 mirror, 1 bumper, and a set of steps bite the dust while watching these guys trying to park their rigs. It is much easier at Maranatha to park.

[Edited on 4-28-2009 by Pescador]

fixtrauma
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-28-2009 at 06:15 PM
Hello Pescador

Just this year Campestre Maranatha has begun preparations for caravans. They are developing a portion at their location that will hold up to 26 RVs.

Only water now, no electricity or sewer. They have already hosted some caravans that have max-ed them out.

:?::?: If you saw a mirror, bumper and step bite the dust, how long until one of those water lines get broke? :?::?:

Seems to be ample room to maneuver in this lot. But as you know someone will figure out a way to take off a mirror!:lol::lol:

This area is adjacent to and has access from Hwy 1. The gate entrance is just past the Cafe Exquisito as you approach La Paz.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.