Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2009 at 08:06 PM
Tequila and Mezcal

Tequila and Mezcal
http://www.bajasundog.com/cantina/tequila.html
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2009 at 11:46 PM

Gawd. IMHO, you've gotta be young and heathy if you're gonna spend the night drinking mescal.
Martyman
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2009 at 03:28 PM

I thought the Margarita was invented at Hussongs in Ensenada?
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2009 at 03:42 PM

There are many people and places that take credit for the invention. They vary from Mexico city to Galveston TX, to TJ. Given the primitive communications of the day, it could very well be that more than one bartender came up with the 'original" thought.
Al G
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Wondering what is next???

[*] posted on 5-4-2009 at 03:45 PM

Gracias, Sundog. Worth the read for me. Puts mescal in a better light, but it still makes me puke.:barf::barf::(:lol:

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2009 at 04:10 PM

Sorta makes everyone puke. :lol:
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 5-4-2009 at 05:24 PM

first tasted mezcal in pto escondido, oax back in '85. we'd buy "cannonballs" that were black clay vessels the size of a large cannonball with a spout and waxed in cork plug. it cost about $2 u.s. and it was enough poison for 3 young gringos to get with the program. usually we'd start around sunset and then walk into town to play ping pong on the second floor of the bar on the first corner going into town. that way we didn't spend so much on beer....

i can still taste it. we decided it tasted like licking a dirty ashtray!!! don't ask me who ever licked a dirty ashtray, but you get the idea!!! :light::rolleyes:

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2009 at 06:08 PM

We first tried Mezcal in the 60s. After one taste, we only used it for starting campfires.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 5-4-2009 at 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
We first tried Mezcal in the 60s. After one taste, we only used it for starting campfires.

i'm surprised with you, D! that is one poor attitude!!!:fire::fire::fire::lol::lol::lol:

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2009 at 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody in ob

i'm surprised with you, D! that is one poor attitude!!!:fire::fire::fire::lol::lol::lol:

You had to be there, Woody. The stuff was really rough....slimey worm laying dead on the bottom and a label that looked like it was drawn on the bottle with crayons.
I guess now there's a quality rendition of the product, but not then. It was really bad.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.