Email #1

Kevin's 1996 diesel Dodge pickup truck was stolen this morning from in front
of our house. The truck no longer has a camper shell on it but the attached
picture shows its size, color and style and gives a clear picture of the
Alaska license plate.

The truck was in front of the house when we walked the dog this morning but
was gone when we walked out to go into town at 10:30. So sometime between
8:00 and 10:00 this morning, someone broke into it (it was locked), hotwired
the truck and drove away all in clear broad daylight.

Kevin and Betsy

Email #2

Two federales were just here looking at the empty spot on the road and two things: 1) they told us that we and everyone else should not park our vehicles on the road to avoid just this kind of thing (???) and 2) while they were telling us this, Josephina from Denis' office called to tell us that the truck had been sighted at the curve in San Antonio this morning around 7:30 or 7:45. So it must have been stolen a bit earlier than we thought.

Below is a link to the photo. If it won't click then copy & paste.

http://picasaweb.google.com/BlazerBlazer/BetsyKevin?feat=dir...
Bajajack
Banned

[*] posted on 5-8-2009 at 02:31 PM

I thought everyone already knew you don't park on the street.:rolleyes:

\"take what you can, give nothing back!\"

We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.\'

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

We can have no \"50-50\" allegiance in this country. Either a man is an American and nothing else, or he is not an American at all.

Theodore Roosevelt
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-8-2009 at 02:46 PM

"... he runs the car theft gang. "

Are you sure you want to post this on the Internet, gnukid???

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2009 at 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gnukid
Here's your one chance. move quick, Go to the LB police station up the hill above Calebs bakery. Ask for the Commandante and be subtle. hopefully you fine Valdedero or something like that. Ask to speak to him privately. Don't speak in public. Tell him very subtley that your car was stolen (perhaps you already spoke to him?) And ask for his phone number and give him yours. Tell him you'll pay him $5000 pesos if he can find your car asap. Do not give him any money up front unless you want to, I do not suggest it. But maybe flash him some money. See what he says. He will likely be all sheepish and say he doesn't knwo is he can help. Just say do your best and call me if you can find it, I'll be quiet about it and won't say a word and I'll give you the $5000 pesos and leave.

He will likely call later and say they found it and ask you to come for it and meet somewhere, bring the money and when you see the car you can buy it back for $5000 pesos.

It may go like that or he'll ask for more, but about $5000-6000 should do it because that's what its worth to him, he runs the car theft gang.

Jeeeeezo, Gnu...If ever there was a post that should have been a U2U, this is it. Could I take out some life insurance on you?
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2009 at 03:12 PM

Give me a break there are no secrets here. Its the same game everywhere. You can always buy your stuff back from the commandante, its not a secret.
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 5-8-2009 at 03:23 PM

los angeles california
tops the list with 65,243 vehicles a year stolen

lets do the math again...

thats 179 a day or
7 an hour:o:o

they will find the truck...or parts of it

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2009 at 03:58 PM

Quote:
Give me a break there are no secrets here. Its the same game everywhere. You can always buy your stuff back from the commandante, its not a secret.

OK...So everybody knows everything but, although the scumbag commandante may not demand respect, I would imagine he demands tact. Or is the whole place too far gone for that?
fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 5-8-2009 at 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ArroyoTaxi
Two federales were just here looking at the empty spot on the road

Why were the federales involved? Wouldn't state police be the ones with jurisdiction for stolen cars?

A well informed Baja California traveler is a smart Baja California traveler!
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2009 at 04:06 PM

Here we go again. You make the point that you are concerned about me, not the thiefs? You repeat that point over and over? Who lacks tact? What it is with you guys?

Look its same everywhere, if you want your stuff back, go to the commandante and ask if you can buy your stuff back. In most cases you can buy your stuff back. I didn't invent the system. I don't like the system. Its the system.

As far as the issues on the east cape. I told you guys the day they arrived back in January. They went to everyone and said hey your car is going to get stolen you need me to help you out. I am here to help you get your car back when it gets stolen.

I told you I have met him in the night many times for friends. He runs the system apparently, not me. So its no secret, there will be no reprecussions for me or for him apparently.

I am a nice quiet person who is only stating the obvious which is not something you need to whisper.

Once more, go to the Commandate Valdadero or Luis and do not accuse them of anything, just tell them politely you will pay to get your stuff back and smile nicely. You will get it back in about a few hours. Don't be mad or he wont give it back. Be nice and act like he is your hero and a really great guy.

And stop getting on my case. I solve crimes I don't commit crimes.
cantinflas
Junior Nomad

biggrin.gif posted on 5-8-2009 at 04:08 PM

Id say it's to far gone for that.:lol:
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2009 at 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fdt
Quote:
Originally posted by ArroyoTaxi
Two federales were just here looking at the empty spot on the road

Why were the federales involved? Wouldn't state police be the ones with jurisdiction for stolen cars?

This is the clue. Is it really that hard to follow? There was another clue, "the vehicle was seen heading north", if that was reported by the police who claims he called the police in San Antonio then there you have it, they are telling you loud and clear they know where the car is and how to get it back. Just ask for it back, politely.
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2009 at 04:16 PM
I doubt it

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Could I take out some life insurance on you?

Insurance companies are in business to make money. Gunkid's not insurable. Otherwise, I'd be in line with you. :rolleyes:

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2009 at 04:30 PM

Great. You seem to be a part of the problem.... since its is so open, I sent a link to this post to the "new government". Maybe they can help.

Quote:
I didn't invent the system. I don't like the system. Its the system.

As far as the issues on the east cape. I told you guys the day they arrived back in January. They went to everyone and said hey your car is going to get stolen you need me to help you out. I am here to help you get your car back when it gets stolen.

I told you I have met him in the night many times for friends. He runs the system apparently, not me. So its no secret, there will be no reprecussions for me or for him apparently.

Once more, go to the Commandate Valdadero or Luis and do not accuse them of anything, just tell them politely you will pay to get your stuff back and smile nicely. You will get it back in about a few hours. Don't be mad or he wont give it back. Be nice and act like he is your hero and a really great guy.

And stop getting on my case. I solve crimes I don't commit crimes.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2009 at 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rts551
Great. You seem to be a part of the problem.... since its is so open, I sent a link to this post to the "new government". Maybe they can help.

NO....WAIT.....I'm online trying to get that insurance policy. I'll split it with you.
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2009 at 04:41 PM

Haha You guys are great, so funny. Way to distract from the real issue...

You make an accurate illustration of whats wrong with the American spirit. We laugh hard at you guys too you know. We laugh at the failed American spirit, the silly dolts who blame each other and fail to see their enemies for who they are.

Do you think the bankers are working to bail you out? Do you think border agents are protecting you? Do you believe Obama is really in charge of anything? Do you really have faith in the Mexico Plan? Do you really believe there is an epidemic of H1N1 flu ripping apart the country? Do you really believe there is a threat from Iraq or Afghanistan?

And you really want to focus your attention on me and not the real issues? What happened to you guys? Where did it go wrong? When did you give up the ability to think for yourselves? When did you begin to follow like sheep lacking the ability to see what it is right and wrong?
rts551
Elite Nomad

lol.gif posted on 5-8-2009 at 04:41 PM

OK I am in... I will post the anti corruption number later. although it is easy to get..... Unless he is full o shut.... But maybe we ccan still cash in.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by rts551

NO....WAIT.....I'm online trying to get that insurance policy. I'll split it with you.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 5-8-2009 by rts551]
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-8-2009 at 04:48 PM

Do any of you remember ESL/ El Surfo Loco/ Chopy Chavez/ Cornell Crawford???

He spoke up like gnukid about the crooked cops, government officials, Castro family at cabo Pulmo squating on his land...

He is dead now.:no::no::no:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2009 at 05:06 PM
True colors

Quote:
DK, thats it you did it. I think you guys have shown your true colors.

I'm wearing drab olive shorts with matching golf shirt. Tan deck shoes.

Anyone?

Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 5-8-2009 at 05:09 PM

Quote:
Haha You guys are great, so funny. Way to distract from the real issue...

You make an accurate illustration of whats wrong with the American spirit. We laugh hard at you guys too you know. We laugh at the failed American spirit, the silly dolts who blame each other and fail to see their enemies for who they are.

Do you think the bankers are working to bail you out? Do you think border agents are protecting you? Do you believe Obama is really in charge of anything? Do you really have faith in the Mexico Plan? Do you really believe there is an epidemic of H1N1 flu ripping apart the country? Do you really believe there is a threat from Iraq or Afghanistan?

And you really want to focus your attention on me and not the real issues? What happened to you guys? Where did it go wrong? When did you give up the ability to think for yourselves? When did you begin to follow like sheep lacking the ability to see what it is right and wrong?

I have to defend gnukid on this one.[/]

All of us that have stayed or lived in Mexico for many years, know the power of politics; the power of knowing the right name; the power of knowing the right person; the power of knowing the right drug dealer; the power of knowing the right cartel leader and keeping your mouth shut; and in this case, the power of knowing the right cop! Whether we like it or not, being well connected gets one much more than rants
and raves to the authorities.
Gnukid suggested speaking with the PD commander discreetly. Pehaps taking him to lunch. You can bet you last peso that the PD commander knows who does what in his town.
Here, North of the border, I fraternize with many Mexicans of all walks of life, and I have experienced first hand what connections do for a person. I have also experienced first hand what kidnappings do to a family and how they feel when a loved one's finger or ear is sent to them, and how financially devastating a kidnapping becomes. You can bet my IPHONE has many well connected and encryped names and phone numbers.
Gnukid is not the problem.........you can bet he is well connected. We should be looking at him for guidance.:bounce:

Phew!:P this is as political as you will ever see me on this board.:bounce:{/i]

[Edited on 5-9-2009 by udowinkler]

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-8-2009 at 05:15 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Here's your one chance. move quick, Go to the LB police station up the hill above Calebs bakery. Ask for the Commandante and be subtle. hopefully you fine Valdedero or something like that. Ask to speak to him privately. Don't speak in public. Tell him very subtley that your car was stolen (perhaps you already spoke to him?) And ask for his phone number and give him yours. Tell him you'll pay him $5000 pesos if he can find your car asap. Do not give him any money up front unless you want to, I do not suggest it. But maybe flash him some money. See what he says. He will likely be all sheepish and say he doesn't knwo is he can help. Just say do your best and call me if you can find it, I'll be quiet about it and won't say a word and I'll give you the $5000 pesos and leave.

He will likely call later and say they found it and ask you to come for it and meet somewhere, bring the money and when you see the car you can buy it back for $5000 pesos.

It may go like that or he'll ask for more, but about $5000-6000 should do it because that's what its worth to him, he runs the car theft gang.

Jeeeeezo, Gnu...If ever there was a post that should have been a U2U, this is it. Could I take out some life insurance on you?

i kind of doubt he "runs the ring." (nukid does have a way with exageration at times) but isn't it the same in every town? you want results, you offer a commission or pay for performance. people offered pay for performance are very good at their jobs.

[Edited on 5-9-2009 by mtgoat666]

[Edited on 5-9-2009 by mtgoat666]
 Pages:  1    3  4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.