BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Constitucion's claim to fame.
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-12-2009 at 01:15 PM

They probably spend all their money on the light standards and the landscaping, so they can't afford the computer!
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-12-2009 at 01:15 PM

They must be getting our stimulus money. Do you know how much just one traffic light costs?:o

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
BajaNuts
Super Nomad

Mood: no worry, no hurry....it's all good!

[*] posted on 7-12-2009 at 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajamigo
You don't have to have an unsynchronized mess to create traffic calming. It is humanly possible to effect a sensible speed, like 15 or 20 mph, with simple synchronization.

try topes! every 10 meters....works for Centenario!
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 7-12-2009 at 05:01 PM

Drove through Constitution on the 5th. Was hitting the lights red (naturally) so stopped at Super Pollo for some chicken to make the light to light drive more tolerable. After the last light I took off like a scalded dog reveling in my freedom....for a kilometer or so where I had the good fortune to meet (at their insistence) a pair of Constitutions finest.

The lead cop (good cop) came to the window, asked for my drivers licence and informed me that I was going WAY over the 25kph speed limit in the last block of downtown. I assured him that he was correct and that we should hurry on down to the station so that I could pay my well deserved fine. I also told him that I lived in Baja and understood the system and handed him my "dripping with chicken grease" drivers licence.

The guy really was a nice guy and we were playing the game, he said that the station would close soon, so I said we better hurry. He had a few words with bad cop and informed me that they were out to lunch at the station. I wished him luck getting a job like that some day where you come back from lunch then go home. We had a good laugh and it was funny how his English and my Spanish got better as it went.

Having finished my chicken while we were negotiating I was ready to get back on the road. I asked him if he would be kind enough to pay my fine for me since there may not be anyone there if we went together. He was nice enough to help me out and said the fine was 300 pesos. I assured him that I was only going 200 pesos over the speed limit and handed him the money. I promised him I would slow down, thanked him for paying my fine for me, shook his hand and gave him the rest of my napkins to wipe the chicken grease off his hands.

All in all it was a fun exchange with a nice guy and rather entertaining. I know some of you will want to chastise me for paying mordita. I could have insisted that he take me to the station but had a lot more fun negotiating with him on the side of the road.......dt

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-12-2009 at 06:25 PM

Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 7-12-2009 at 07:27 PM

You made my weekend, dt!

Quote:
Originally posted by dtbushpilot
All in all it was a fun exchange with a nice guy and rather entertaining. I know some of you will want to chastise me for paying mordita. I could have insisted that he take me to the station but had a lot more fun negotiating with him on the side of the road.......dt

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-12-2009 at 07:32 PM

Great story David!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2009 at 12:22 AM

Entertainment is usually not free. All too often folks on the board get outraged over incidents such as this. But more often than not, it can be fun. And speaking of Super Pollo, has anyone tried their arrrachera? Really good. Not that anyone would necessarily go to a chicken reataurant for beef......

[Edited on 7-13-2009 by Bajahowodd]
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.